Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DMVfootballwizard

MIAA Football 2017

151 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, themamba said:

Evidently, as soon as someone on here mentioned the WCAC having a rough week, the MIAA told its counterpart to the South to "hold my beer".

Gilman got mollywhopped, again. MSJ comes up short to Ryken. Then, the McDonogh-Palotti fiasco. Both of them. Thank God for Silver Oak and Canada Prep.

Last week was a doozy. Things can only go up from here.

Yeah, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around Gilman getting beat nearly 40 to zero and GA says but for a couple mistakes and bad QB play, the Hounds were right to the game with better talent and team, no doubt.....

MSJ LBs seemed to be the weakest link on the D, especially the weak side. I can live with 4-5 yds a pop running the Read Option with a flat or out sprinkled in, for 10 yds  a pop. The MIAA will pick up on that real fast. SF, CHC, Gilman and McD in the Playoffs. 

Don't sleep on Spalding

1 hour ago, HSFootballFan said:

MSJ LBs seemed to be the weakest link on the D, especially the weak side. I can live with 4-5 yds a pop running the Read Option with a flat or out sprinkled in, for 10 yds  a pop. The MIAA will pick up on that real fast. SF, CHC, Gilman and McD in the Playoffs. 

11 hours ago, themamba said:

Welcome to the board. You can never have enough posters telling us how many 'beasts' litter the Gilman roster. Aside from Dixon's 36 yard run, what stood out about the other 8 carries for 25 yards? I love hearing good intel on the local 'beasts' and 'real deals'. 

Mamba,

Game 1 38-0 and the hype machine in full force. It's mind boggling. Is this the Manchurian Candidate and someone's been brainwashed. This is real fake news. I've seen beasts like Marcus Coker against the Big G a few years ago. They run around, over, thru everyone. They don't normally play on teams that got shut out 38-0 by a team that will probably be a 3rd place team in their league.

Has anyone ever seen Sean Spicer and GA together? is it possible they are one and the same? At least it's entertaining!

7 hours ago, 58Colts said:

Has anyone ever seen Sean Spicer and GA together? is it possible they are one and the same? At least it's entertaining!

BEAUTIFUL analyst!!!!!  I never considered this.  And I will NEVER forget that GA in the most important game of the season one year elected to tailgate in the parking lot while the McEagles were gang banging his Hounds in the 99th version or so game.  And then he wanted to tell us about how a ref blew a fumble call against Jelani I believe it was along the McD sideline right in front of the ref while GA was drinking it up in the lot during the 2nd half of that game.  Yes, entertaining is an understatement....

Don't write off MSJ either a lot of young kids starting they will only get better and better. But I do agree SFA and McD appear to be 1-2.

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

Don't write off MSJ either a lot of young kids starting they will only get better and better. But I do agree SFA and McD appear to be 1-2.

SFA and McD are clearly 1-2, but when you say don't write off MSJ, what do you mean? To make the playoffs? Anything is possible, but losing to Ryken is a pretty bad sign. Ryken is a B conference level team, at best. And wouldn't win the B conference. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

SFA and McD are clearly 1-2, but when you say don't write off MSJ, what do you mean? To make the playoffs? Anything is possible, but losing to Ryken is a pretty bad sign. Ryken is a B conference level team, at best. And wouldn't win the B conference. 

That's exactly what I was alluding to. If you saw the game you would know why was just a bad game. If they lay an egg again this week then I will take it back

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

What, 2016 Gilman won ONE league game last year and were blanked and had nearly 40 dropped on them scoring ZIP from a team this season at least you were competitive against in 2016 and you want to talk this season about PLAYOFFs.  PLAYOFFs!!  I hope you win a game.  Is Loyola on your schedule, how about Arch Carroll?

Come GA, at least know when to STF.......Shut The Front door....  ;)

Edited by DayWalker

Last 3 Gilman games, 42-0, 42-6 and 38-0. Combined 122-6. That's the kind of consistency you are looking for in a good team. At least you can set your expectations right.

Actually think they bounce back this week. Good Counsel lost to a Delaware team. Delaware has some nice beaches and is larger than Rhode Island but Football not so much.

The Real deals and Beasts have to take this one, don't they?

15 minutes ago, 58Colts said:

Last 3 Gilman games, 42-0, 42-6 and 38-0. Combined 122-6. That's the kind of consistency you are looking for in a good team. At least you can set your expectations right.

Actually think they bounce back this week. Good Counsel lost to a Delaware team. Delaware has some nice beaches and is larger than Rhode Island but Football not so much.

The Real deals and Beasts have to take this one, don't they?

Gilman will not beat Good Counsel. They both have issues behind the center it sounds like but I'm thinking 24-6 GC.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Falcon10 said:

Gilman will not beat Good Counsel. They both have issues behind the center it sounds like but I'm thinking 24-6 GC.

GC just lost to a Delaware team that lost most of their starters. I wouldn't count this game as a sure win.  if Gilman coaches are idiots and keep putting the game in he hands of the QB(or not change QB's) , they will lose. But if they run the ball 30-40 times with Madison and Dixon, I think Gilman will win. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

6 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

GC just lost to a Delaware team that lost most of their starters. I wouldn't count this game as a sure win.  if Gilman coaches are idiots and keep putting the game in he hands of the QB(or not change QB's) , they will lose. But if they run the ball 30-40 times with Madison and Dixon, I think Gilman will win. 

I go with GA on this one. Madison and Dixon are Thunder and Lightening. They get going this week. Gilman has never lost when the coaches haven't been to blame. That is a good duo, just like Sam and Dave. Just keep on giving them the ball and here them shout Hold on I'm coming but you can't stop me. Gilman 21 GC 7. 

SF McD and Spalding are by far the top three teams in the league . Spalding season hangs on how well the QB plays and can they adjust to the lost of their best lineman . The rest of the league is in limbo or should I say limp cause you don't know what your gonna get out of them I mean MSJ losing to Ryken is embarrassing and Gilman taking that boot from Gonzaga and C Hall eating that cupcake so my man Davis can get his 100 th win man it's gonna be crowded at the bottom of the league 

9 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

SF McD and Spalding are by far the top three teams in the league . Spalding season hangs on how well the QB plays and can they adjust to the lost of their best lineman . The rest of the league is in limbo or should I say limp cause you don't know what your gonna get out of them I mean MSJ losing to Ryken is embarrassing and Gilman taking that boot from Gonzaga and C Hall eating that cupcake so my man Davis can get his 100 th win man it's gonna be crowded at the bottom of the league 

I saw the Ryken-MSJ tape, Ryken is TINY and not very athletic! MSJ is the smallest I can remember them in a long time. After seeing the video, MSJ is in trouble. 

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I saw the Ryken-MSJ tape, Ryken is TINY and not very athletic! MSJ is the smallest I can remember them in a long time. After seeing the video, MSJ is in trouble. 

Curious what video? You said that about the Riverdale Gilman scrimmage and you just watched Hudl or Maxpreps highlights.

MSJ is bigger then Gilman I saw MSJ live and Gilman thanks to DW.

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

Curious what video? You said that about the Riverdale Gilman scrimmage and you just watched Hudl or Maxpreps highlights.

MSJ is bigger then Gilman I saw MSJ live and Gilman thanks to DW.

I never said I watched Maxpreps of anything, I said what I watched of Gilman-Riverdale. I know plenty of people, so if I say I saw video, it is from someone. If I say say I saw something somewhere else, e.g. Hudl, I say it. 

MSJ is definitely not bigger than Gilman, definitely not on defense at least. On offense, outside of the one tiny Gilman lineman, they're not bigger than them there either. The young QB looked ok, has a quick delivery but doesn't have great arm strength and stares at receivers. Ryken, was slow and small, will finish last or next to last in the WCAC. MSJ is in for a long season. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I never said I watched Maxpreps of anything, I said what I watched of Gilman-Riverdale. I know plenty of people, so if I say I saw video, is from someone. If I say say I saw something somewhere else, e.g. Hudl, I say it. 

MSJ is definitely not bigger than Gilman, definitely not on defense at least. On offense, outside of the one tiny Gilman lineman, they're not bigger than them there either. The young QB looked ok, has a quick delivery but doesn't have great arm strength and stares at receivers. Ryken, was slow and small, will finish last or next to last in the WCAC. MSJ is in for a long season. 

Gilman line across 230, 215, 300, ? 200, 280. MSJ line across 270, 300, 260, 305, 305. MSJ nose is listed at 275. (From maxpreps) We will find out in October. Like I said if MSJ gets beat by OHara then I walk back my opinion. Now that the young kid is in throwing for 100+ in one quarter think they will be fine.

Edited by OldBallCoach

6 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

Gilman line according to rosters biggest kid by far is Booker. Both MSJ tackles are 275 or bigger as well as the Guards. MSJ nose is listed at 275. We will find out in October. Like I said if MSJ gets beat by OHara then I walk back my opinion. Now that the young kid is in throwing for 100+ in one quarter think they will be fine.

Dude, stop looking at rosters on Maxpreps. Gilman doesn't update their rosters! They have kids on there that haven't been at the school in two years. Biggest kid on Gilman's roster is over 300 pounds. They have kid's listed size from years ago. It's just what they do. 

MSJ is a passing offense, they live and die by the pass. Passing for 100 yards, when teams are up by like 30 isn't that impressive. Even if they beat O'Hara, means nothing. 

On 8/28/2017 at 7:20 AM, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

They had 18 carries!! 18 carries for over 100 yards isn't good? In what world? Not to mention for a team that couldn't pass the ball! Against a team that loaded the box. All of their runs were YAC yards. 

Did you ever think after all the big wins in the past that you'd be trying to make it sound like something positive happened in a 38-0 loss to a team that started a freshman QB and lost it's best player? Say it ain't so. 122-6 over the last 3 games. 38-0 first games and you feel positive? I thought after they beat Dunbar 21-2 last year it would be OK. It was Hurricane Harvey, Sandy and Katrina after that. The Glory years are over. If they were that good, they would have scored more than 6 points in the last 3 games. 

Sad days. 

23 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I never said I watched Maxpreps of anything, I said what I watched of Gilman-Riverdale. I know plenty of people, so if I say I saw video, it is from someone. If I say say I saw something somewhere else, e.g. Hudl, I say it. 

GA,

In the DM-SFA Scrimmage thread and referring to the Gilman-RBS scrimmage you said,

• "I watch some of the highlights of  the scrimmage on Hudl. Things that stood out to me, Gilman is much bigger this year than last. Much bigger. I couldn't tell if Spanky was out there though, didn't see him. The TD pass you spoke about(their only score), wasn't Willis getting burned, he tripped. RB has some nice athletes, but were too small for Gilman. The final score was 29-8 Gilman. Gilman has a much improved defense, still a little slow at some positions, but look good, especially if Spanky wasn't playing."

So you watched some Hudl highlights or claimed you did.  Your statement about RBS scoring only once was incorrect as was the final score 23-14 and not 29-8.

23 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Dude, stop looking at rosters on Maxpreps. Gilman doesn't update their rosters! They have kids on there that haven't been at the school in two years. Biggest kid on Gilman's roster is over 300 pounds. They have kid's listed size from years ago. It's just what they do. 

MSJ is a passing offense, they live and die by the pass. Passing for 100 yards, when teams are up by like 30 isn't that impressive. Even if they beat O'Hara, means nothing. 

I figured that would be an arguement so I checked maxpreps against the Gilman roster they match up exactly so unless maxpreps and Gilman rosters are both wrong? Yes there are kids on there that left I saw that but these match up. And yes 100 would be bad for a game but the freshman threw for that is one quarter. The So RB replacing James ran for almost 200. But we will see that is why they play the games.

4 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Last week Smyrna(DE) vs GC was more like a scrimmage with most starters going 3 quarters. As far as Gilman coaches being idiots I see Coach Holley is officially stepping down. He's smart enough to realize he's not the man for this job but I hope he gets to sit back, kick back and enjoy retirement. Holley never wanted the position and now I see ads popping up all over the place for the new Gilman HC job.

8 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

I figured that would be an arguement so I checked maxpreps against the Gilman roster they match up exactly so unless maxpreps and Gilman rosters are both wrong? Yes there are kids on there that left I saw that but these match up. And yes 100 would be bad for a game but the freshman threw for that is one quarter. The So RB replacing James ran for almost 200. But we will see that is why they play the games.

I'm not saying that Gilman doesn't change  the roster, they don't change the height and weight year to year. So the kid's that are new, are the ones with updated info.