Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DMVfootballwizard

MIAA Football 2017

151 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Mr.Stein said:

Last week Smyrna(DE) vs GC was more like a scrimmage with most starters going 3 quarters. As far as Gilman coaches being idiots I see Coach Holley is officially stepping down. He's smart enough to realize he's not the man for this job but I hope he gets to sit back, kick back and enjoy retirement. Holley never wanted the position and now I see ads popping up all over the place for the new Gilman HC job.

Oh wow!! I actually didn't know that, but very happy Timmy is stepping down. Like you said, he didn't want the position in the first place, and they went hard this off-season after Kyle. Now that they've made the job public, I think you will see some big names coming forward. I personally know of some who I spoke to this past summer about the job and their interest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I'm not saying that Gilman doesn't change  the roster, they don't change the height and weight year to year. So the kid's that are new, are the ones with updated info. 

You do know that maxpreps pulls rosters straight from Hudl? They are linked my last coaching job was a year ago and that is how it worked. I never had to update maxpreps it pulled from Hudl. So that means it is coming right from the kids or coaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Oh wow!! I actually didn't know that, but very happy Timmy is stepping down. Like you said, he didn't want the position in the first place, and they went hard this off-season after Kyle. Now that they've made the job public, I think you will see some big names coming forward. I personally know of some who I spoke to this past summer about the job and their interest. 

This we agree on. That job will attract a ton of interest from very good coaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OldBallCoach said:

You do know that maxpreps pulls rosters straight from Hudl? They are linked my last coaching job was a year ago and that is how it worked. I never had to update maxpreps it pulled from Hudl. So that means it is coming right from the kids or coaches.

If you want Gilman's updates roster, it's not on Maxpreps, nor hudl! Just letting you know, there is one online. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

If you want Gilman's updates roster, it's not on Maxpreps, nor hudl! Just letting you know, there is one online. 

That is the one I am talking about it lines up with maxpreps minus the transfers out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Nice article on MCD in the Sun today. Not a lot of depth but some very skilled players at spots. Will need to stay largely injury free to excel.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/bs-va-sp-football-poll-rollout-no3-0830-story.html

Someone mentioned a injury to the best Spalding lineman? I was really impressed with their line and offensive play calling last year. 

 

 

Edited by mop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mop said:

Nice article on MCD in the Sun today. Not a lot of depth but some very skilled players at spots. Will need to stay largely injury free to excel.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/bs-va-sp-football-poll-rollout-no3-0830-story.html

Someone mentioned a injury to the best Spalding lineman? I was really impressed with their line and offensive play calling last year. 

 

 

Didn't Dom learn to stop saying that their starting lineup can play with anybody and comparing themselves to DeMatha? Stop that BS!!! They have a weak schedule, and will be stomped by DeMatha and SFA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Didn't Dom learn to stop saying that their starting lineup can play with anybody and comparing themselves to DeMatha? Stop that BS!!! They have a weak schedule, and will be stomped by DeMatha and SFA. 

Your actual team, not your adopted team, lost 38-0 to a team that dropped McDonogh because they wanted an easier opening game. What's worse, you then tried to make it sound like a running clock shutout loss was two plays away from being a Gilman victory. At least it wasn't on ESPN like the St. Ed's beat down a few years back.

Most people would be somewhat humbled by that but it's ok because you're the worlds biggest bandwagon fan. SFA, Dunbar, whoever you can drum up some half-baked connection to becomes your team and you tout their success as if it was your own. You were a big SFA fan when they were getting whipped in the C Conference, I'm sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, eaglesinsider said:

Your actual team, not your adopted team, lost 38-0 to a team that dropped McDonogh because they wanted an easier opening game. What's worse, you then tried to make it sound like a running clock shutout loss was two plays away from being a Gilman victory. At least it wasn't on ESPN like the St. Ed's beat down a few years back.

Most people would be somewhat humbled by that but it's ok because you're the worlds biggest bandwagon fan. SFA, Dunbar, whoever you can drum up some half-baked connection to becomes your team and you tout their success as if it was your own. You were a big SFA fan when they were getting whipped in the C Conference, I'm sure.

I'm a Gilman fan, point blank! Your coach runs his mouth constantly to the papers, puts himself and his team in the line of fire. Sold his soul for what? One outright championship? Now bringing in kids from out of state, doing everything he can to stay relevant. You bash SFA, but say nothing about the super drop in admissions at McD for athletes! How many 16 year old ninth graders are on the team this year? 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's Get Ready To Rummmmmmmmble!!!!  I just love these lil private spats...  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Let's Get Ready To Rummmmmmmmble!!!!  I just love these lil private spats...  :)

Insert spoon and stir, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And after their regular season annual end of season game, those two will want to get a room and consummate their football marriage.....  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I'm a Gilman fan, point blank! Your coach runs his mouth constantly to the papers, puts himself and his team in the line of fire. Sold his soul for what? One outright championship? Now bringing in kids from out of state, doing everything he can to stay relevant. You bash SFA, but say nothing about the super drop in admissions at McD for athletes! How many 16 year old ninth graders are on the team this year? 

Can someone explain why the Gilman AD didn't fire himself at the end of last season. His heart is clearly not in it. GA, aside from your habit of running to get a red cup in the parking lot during the 4th quarter and overtime, you could apply for the job. You clearly have more interest in the team's success than Tim.

Regarding MCD, their formula on both sides of the ball hasn't changed. 2-3 recruited studs, 4-6 solid players and fill ins from the rest of the student population. Assuming only a few injuries, that plus some good team chemistry and inspirational coaching equals success. 

Wondering how MSJ will rebound to the tough loss to SMR. I though Sam James was the soul of that team and was completely underutilized last fall. Tough loss to injury. Pass happy coaches can kill a program especially when you don't have a great QB.  

 

Edited by mop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2017 at 9:06 AM, TheGuru said:

Don't know.  Those cheap bastards at CHC didn't provide rosters for the game.

Reading is fundamental...even if you got a roster isn't DW talking about a member of the JV team...smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mop said:

Can someone explain why the Gilman AD didn't fire himself at the end of last season. His heart is clearly not in it. GA, aside from your habit of running to get a red cup in the parking lot during the 4th quarter and overtime, you could apply for the job. You clearly have more interest in the team's success than Tim.

Regarding MCD, their formula on both sides of the ball hasn't changed. 2-3 recruited studs, 4-6 solid players and fill ins from the rest of the student population. Assuming only a few injuries, that plus some good team chemistry and inspirational coaching equals success. 

Wondering how MSJ will rebound to the tough loss to SMR. I though Sam James was the soul of that team and was completely underutilized last fall. Tough loss to injury. Pass happy coaches can kill a program especially when you don't have a great QB.  

 

I'm not a Baltimore resident, and as soon as I get this last property in the area off my hands, I probably will only come back in town once or twice a year. I do agree with you, Timmy should have started the National search for a coach starting at the beginning of last year. They actually thought they could survive with the teacher-coach model, I said when they first said that BS, that it would only last a year, and I was absolutely correct. To his credit, they did go after the Spalding coach hard. 

2-3 recruited players? In what world? McDonogh's whole freshman class are recruited players, who are mostly older. Multiple of them already 16 or about to be. 

I do think MSJ passes the ball way too much. I hope they do it this year with the ninth grade QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

.... They actually thought they could survive with the teacher-coach model, I said when they first said that BS, that it would only last a year, and I was absolutely correct.

Helllllllll no you didn't lil pup!!  You said this coach would be great for Gilman, that he had one of the best if not the best Xs and Os mind in the game.  I specifically recall this because I thought I had the best X-O mind then I realized it was an XXX mind I had.  At any rate, we were all in for the current coach when he stepped in....  Stop Lyin' dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tiger1012 said:

Reading is fundamental...even if you got a roster isn't DW talking about a member of the JV team...smh

Mr. P, I quickly glance at this board during breaks at work.  Didn't read DW's post to the end.  Yes, reading is fundamental but so is refraining from starting shat when there's no need to do just that.  Why don't you get back to girls Fall ball.  Peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So does anyone know or can tell me the name or anything about CHC JV RB #5....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There used to be a guy on here who used to Brag that his School got recruits from the Eastern Shore, Prince George's County, Delaware etc. Their best guy now is from Montgomery County. Kid is a beast and travels all the way to Baltimore for that excellent Ivy like education but that school while great academically, really gets walloped badly in football now. They no longer have 4 stars backing up 5 stars and wads of money for those Academic grants to youths over 250 pounds. What's strange is that guy gets upset now that other teams are better than his school in football. Don'y worry those kids still have opportunities in banking, finance. medicine, just probably not the NFL. 

Ya always knew as soon as the money was gone, the wins were gone too but with all the chest pumping and over the top we are the best over and over and over again does it kind of seem like justice has been served. Hopefully they can hold a team under 30 and try to get to double digits this weekend. 

MCD did beat a much better version of Gonzaga last year. You can't spin 0-38 Mr. Spicer, you just can't. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well passing must work MSJ is having their best run since I can remember. I looked back one winning season in the 2000s now 8-3, 8-3, 7-4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cyrus Jones, likely out for the season. MRI Friday.

Edited by themamba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, themamba said:

Cyrus Jones, likely out for the season. MRI Friday.

That's awful hope he heals fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldBallCoach said:

Well passing must work MSJ is having their best run since I can remember. I looked back one winning season in the 2000s now 8-3, 8-3, 7-4. 

Balance works. Not establishing a solid run game against top teams allows defenses to cheat. Never a good thing. This team has struggled to establish a great run game and a formidable defense against top programs. That's why they haven't had a breakout season yet. There's nothing wrong with passing if you offset it with a solid running game: keep the opposing defense off balance. All of the MIAA champions in the last four seasons have had this balance. 

Edited by mop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mop said:

Balance works. Not establishing a solid run game against top teams allows defenses to cheat. Never a good thing. 

Well results don't lie. Since 2001 had 2 winning season now 3 in a row. I would say results speak louder. And anytime you throw people say the same thing. It is an old argiement in my opinion that doesn't hold water. There are plenty of terrible run oriented teams all comes down to results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

Well results don't lie. Since 2001 had 2 winning season now 3 in a row. I would say results speak louder. And anytime you throw people say the same thing. It is an old argiement in my opinion that doesn't hold water. There are plenty of terrible run oriented teams all comes down to results.

Comparing the last 3 years to the prior decade is a red herring. Results equal winning the title: being "competitive" is for the birds. Like I said balance not a run only oriented offense: you don't win the title in a good League without it. If coming in 2nd or 3rd place is your objective keep that overly pass happy O. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0