ODENTON

The founder of white supremacist website Stormfront said he can't bring it back online

86 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, banner1124 said:

Oh good Lord Matt... really? :rolleyes:

Matt has to toe the line and stick up for the Baltimore Sun's Nazi/KKK customer base.

I am sure they would do the same for him. 

Edited by demopublican

5 minutes ago, hst2 said:

And frankly, its the best way to monitor them.

History is rife with examples of those who wish to silence others. Most people don't care, unless it is their voice that is silenced. Yet it is often the case that an open forum exposes views that often would be hidden and fester like a boil. In the open, it is seen and heard for what it is, and often ignored or ridiculed into non-existence. 

But...it is heard. 

12 minutes ago, mlatoman said:

History is rife with examples of those who wish to silence others. Most people don't care, unless it is their voice that is silenced. Yet it is often the case that an open forum exposes views that often would be hidden and fester like a boil. In the open, it is seen and heard for what it is, and often ignored or ridiculed into non-existence. 

But...it is heard. 

There is still Twitter, and youtube comments.  And this board

7 minutes ago, mlatoman said:

History is rife with examples of those who wish to silence others. Most people don't care, unless it is their voice that is silenced. Yet it is often the case that an open forum exposes views that often would be hidden and fester like a boil. In the open, it is seen and heard for what it is, and often ignored or ridiculed into non-existence

But...it is heard. 

Non-existence? I don't believe this will ever happen. They will always be heard and have a sympathetic ear. I wouldn't worry to much.

Posted (edited)

We let this fester, ignored for decades and now we have nazis running around all over the place killing people in the streets.

I don't think it worked.

Edited by Calamari

1 hour ago, demopublican said:

Matt has to toe the line and stick up for the Baltimore Sun's Nazi/KKK customer base.

I am sure they would do the same for him. 

So, you believe a majority of Stormfront posters also post here?  

4 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

You have to have a domain host

You're free to host your own website on your computer at home. 

6 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

No. I believe there are a large number of cross posters. Or at least profiles. 

And I believe you and TA are well aware of who the organized spam/trolls are and protect them because clicks are clicks.  My recent flurry of warning points once I engaged the far right racists was proof to me where the bread is buttered.

8 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

I think a lot of the sentiment found on Stormfront is captured quite well by a number of posters here. Maybe more so in the past than today, but there's usually a few outright bigoted folks here that sum up what goes down at Stormfront..

8 minutes ago, EnochRoot said:

But you have to "register" your domain name, right?  Meaning make sure it's not already in use?  Don't see how you host a website without going through that step? 

Am I not getting this?

Yeah, their domain name was seized. That's a bad idea, because it's going to push them further into the dark web. 

Just now, NumberOneJimmy said:

Pot meet kettle! Because I don't go out of my way to appease your ilk? I also don't go out of my way to make your miserable life even worse than it is. Too bad for you. >meh< :rolleyes:

Don't ask if you don't want my opinion.  Miserable?  I went for a walk through on the new home in Boca today and closed another good month

27 minutes ago, EnochRoot said:

I think a lot of the sentiment found on Stormfront is captured quite well by a number of posters here. Maybe more so in the past than today, but there's usually a few outright bigoted folks here that sum up what goes down at Stormfront..

OK, but this all goes back to my questioning EgyptKang about his claim that " the majority of [Stormfront's] members are on this board anyway."

Thread locked until you guys stop bickering.

11 hours ago, ODENTON said:

some of donalds 'very fine people'......seems it's just fox news for him now.

Very fine people.  Many sides many sides 

8 hours ago, ms maggie said:

My guess is it's about liability.  Now that these roaches have gotten some publicity, no ISP or domain register wants to be sued for spreading hate speech, inciting people to riot etc.  Just a hunch. 

I thought they had protection from liability from the content they hosted? .....

3 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

Thread locked until you guys stop bickering.

How did you know they stopped?

8 hours ago, bmorepunk said:

Just until things cool down on this thread.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, bmorepunk said:

It's an important question, in the same spirit of utter pedantry that called for questioning EK's statement and derailing this thread. Maybe you should answer with exactly how you knew what they were doing. 

Edited by Calamari

19 hours ago, hst2 said:

I object to this. It is unjust that they cannot get access like everybody else. It is dangerous to suppress their speech. They cannot be contradicted and exposed for what they are if they cannot be heard. And they have as much right as anyone else to be heard.

The law may say that such a group has a right to free speech; but where does the law say that I have to hand them the microphone?

12 hours ago, EnochRoot said:

12 hours ago, EnochRoot said:

I have 0 reputation. :lol:

I wonder why?

10 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

I thought they had protection from liability from the content they hosted? .....

That would be my guess, but then again frivolous lawsuits still need to go through the motions.

They probably just weighed revenue vs bad press.

12 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

OK, but this all goes back to my questioning EgyptKang about his claim that " the majority of [Stormfront's] members are on this board anyway."

It was clear to me. The exaggerated claim was dumb.  

1 hour ago, FatBoy said:

It was clear to me. The exaggerated claim was dumb.  

A glib comment taken literally, is as dumb as the comment itself.