com6063

You Can’t Be Both Pro-Choice and Anti-Racist

106 posts in this topic

“From the beginning men used God to justify the unjustifiable.”
Salman Rusdie

7 hours ago, com6063 said:

Tell that to your wife? I'm sure you are a joy at dinner chats.

We get along just fine

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, com6063 said:

Of course there is a God. I thought atheists said you can't prove a negative? Expected better from you, actually.

But you said if you cannot refute it then it must be true. Refute that there is no God. Since you cannot it either is true or your statement is faulty logic. 

Edited by Rael

I'll tell you what IS true... you can't be both a true Christian and pro-trump.  

30 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

What's your source for this news flash?

Just now, com6063 said:

The Bible tells us so.

6 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

The Bible tells us so.

Chapter and verse?

15 minutes ago, com6063 said:

Chapter and verse?

Bearing false witness is mentioned many times in the Bible, exclusively as something bad. “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor” is the ninth of the Ten Commandments that Moses brought back with him from his encounter with God on Mount Sinai.

17 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Bearing false witness is mentioned many times in the Bible, exclusively as something bad. “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor” is the ninth of the Ten Commandments that Moses brought back with him from his encounter with God on Mount Sinai.

Okay, thanks.

Just now, com6063 said:

Okay, thanks.

Okay thanks? :wub:

Isn't this something you should know?

37 minutes ago, com6063 said:

Chapter and verse?

You shouldn't need bible and verse.  I know enough about the teachings of Christ to know that trump embodies virtually everything Christ says NOT to be.  Are you going to tell me that's not the case?

45 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

You shouldn't need bible and verse.  I know enough about the teachings of Christ to know that trump embodies virtually everything Christ says NOT to be.  Are you going to tell me that's not the case?

But com thinks Trump is pro-life so that makes him the best to com.

1 hour ago, com6063 said:

Which one of these does Trump NOT personify:

"The seven deadly sins in their current form are not found in the Bible, however there are biblical antecedents. One such antecedent is found in the Book of Proverbs 6:16–19, however only in the Masoretic Text (the earlier translated Septuagint version of this passage lacks a clear preface and lists only five). Among the verses traditionally associated with King Solomon, it states that the Lord specifically regards "six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto Him", namely:[6]

1. A proud (vain) look
  2. A lying tongue.
  3. Hands that shed innocent blood
  4. A heart that deviseth wicked acts
  5. Feet that be swift in running to mischief
  6. A false witness that speaketh lies
  7. He that soweth discord among brethren[7]"

Link

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, EGoldstein said:

Using that line of reasoning, one could read the article linked below and say that Catholics are pro-torture.  

"Some hospitals refuse to treat women for abortion-related illnesses like profuse bleeding because, as one health official put it, "they look at these women as sinners." In a few instances, according to women's groups, doctors have performed postabortion dilation and curettage without anesthesia as a punishment for these women."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/16/world/asia/philippines-abortion-crisis.html?mcubz=3

"Evil is located in woman, and in her body and its potentialities. Such evil must be channeled and controlled: it must be brought under the whip of righteousness. The campaign to limit or even eliminate abortion is not about pregnancy or the fetus at all: it is about controlling the body, and controlling pleasure, especially sexual pleasure.

For the most part, men run the world. They are not interested in controlling themselves, and they will still pursue their own pleasure as they choose -- but evil must be resisted. So they turn to their eternal scapegoat, and what they view as the final source of evil in this world, the barrier between themselves and redemption: woman. If our world and men are to be saved, they must be saved from woman.

This is, finally, what the battle about abortion concerns. To the extent people choose to limit a woman's right to her own body, they accept and reinforce this endlessly destructive cultural tradition -- and they believe in Original Sin, even if they are atheists. Religion holds no exclusive claim to irrationality of this kind. They seek to control abortion because they seek salvation, whether they recognize that fact or not. To bring salvation nearer, women must be eternally subordinate, and they cannot be allowed to do anything other than what men allow." 

Women are thought to be so evil that our vice president refuses to luncheon alone with one.

Beyond that, when so-called pro-lifers speak of abortion, women, as fellow human beings, are seldom, if at all,  mentioned.

If they are, they are either considered to be either helpless in the face of evil (the ABORTIONIST) or the personification of evil, in which case, being forced to bear a child is just punishment for her transgression of having sex.
Edited by hst2

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

"Evil is located in woman, and in her body and its potentialities. Such evil must be channeled and controlled: it must be brought under the whip of righteousness. The campaign to limit or even eliminate abortion is not about pregnancy or the fetus at all: it is about controlling the body, and controlling pleasure, especially sexual pleasure.

For the most part, men run the world. They are not interested in controlling themselves, and they will still pursue their own pleasure as they choose -- but evil must be resisted. So they turn to their eternal scapegoat, and what they view as the final source of evil in this world, the barrier between themselves and redemption: woman. If our world and men are to be saved, they must be saved from woman.

This is, finally, what the battle about abortion concerns. To the extent people choose to limit a woman's right to her own body, they accept and reinforce this endlessly destructive cultural tradition -- and they believe in Original Sin, even if they are atheists. Religion holds no exclusive claim to irrationality of this kind. They seek to control abortion because they seek salvation, whether they recognize that fact or not. To bring salvation nearer, women must be eternally subordinate, and they cannot be allowed to do anything other than what men allow." 

Women are thought to be so evil that our vice president refuses to luncheon alone with one.

Beyond that, when so-called pro-lifers speak of abortion, women, as fellow human beings, are seldom, if at all,  mentioned.

If they are, they are either considered to be either helpless in the face of evil (the ABORTIONIST) or the personification of evil, in which case, being forced to bear a child is just punishment for her transgression of having sex.

Yawn.

2 hours ago, hst2 said:

47 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Yawn.

Why, here comes one now. :lol:

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, banner1124 said:

Define Christian? On a scale of 1 being SCREAMING BIBLE THUMPER and 10 being GUILTY OF EVERYTHING BAD  EVERYTHING SHOULD MAKE US FEEL LIKE IT IS OUR FAULT ROMAN CATHOLIC.

That number is very important to the direction of the thread.

Edited by Guido2

41 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Define Christian? On a scale of 1 being SCREAMING BIBLE THUMPER and 10 being GUILTY OF EVERYTHING BAD  EVERYTHING SHOULD MAKE US FEEL LIKE IT IS OUR FAULT ROMAN CATHOLIC.

That number is very important to the direction of the thread.

I don't need a scale... a true Christian follows the teachings of Christ.  

Posted (edited)

com must be still in Mass.

I once went to a church service at 10am, they were finish by 2pm. I never went back.

Edited by ODENTON

2 hours ago, hst2 said:

Why, here comes one now. :lol:

Except that you are lying about my position or...  Never mind; there is no "or".

10 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

But com thinks Trump is pro-life so that makes him the best to com.

Really? Trump is not pro life; neither is Obama, Clinton, or any other pol. Only Jesus and com are pro life! LOL.

5 hours ago, ODENTON said:

com must be still in Mass.

I once went to a church service at 10am, they were finish by 2pm. I never went back.

My apologies, I work from 4 pm to 1 am.

11 hours ago, banner1124 said:

No, I'm not going to tell you anything. I merely asked your religion since you seem to know mine, like hst2 and his ilk.

You can be whatever you want to be Hypocricy knows no bounds.

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, banner1124 said:

I don't need a scale... a true Christian follows the teachings of Christ.  

You might not need a scale....but to understand where you are coming from....a vague statement as you present doesn't really say much. All denominations under Christianity believe in his teachings. It is the other extraneous (thump the bible, immense guilt) that define things.

To put it another way....my experience has shown me that their a LOT of 'Christians'...read the bible...go to church....give the tithing .....yet HATE BLACK PEOPLE and some make no bones about it. And face it....the reverse is true also in black congregations.

That is not very 'Christian' at least in my scope.

Edited by Guido2