soulflower

Trump, Putin, and the Russian Mob

34 posts in this topic

Mobbed up Felix Sater keeps popping up in the investigation of Trump's ties to Russia

Bloomberg:

Among the many characters who have populated Trump's checkered history in real estate, Sater is the guy with one of the diciest resumes. A career criminal with ties to both organized crime and federal law enforcement, he partnered with Trump for years on a series of high-profile and unsuccessful real estate deals, including the Trump Soho hotel and condominium in Manhattan. On Monday, the New York Times and the Washington Post disclosed a series of emails involving Sater's efforts in 2015 and 2016 to help the Trump Organization build a Trump Tower knock-off in Moscow. There's is a little hitch that makes that noteworthy: Trump was also running for president at the time.

"Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it," Sater wrote in an email to Trump's personal attorney, Michael Cohen, in 2015. "I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

According to Bloomberg News, Cohen recently told a congressional committee investigating Trump's ties to Russia that he debriefed Trump three times about the Moscow deal. But Cohen apparently had a different impression than Sater of the value of the deal, telling congressional investigators that it "was not related in any way to Mr. Trump's presidential campaign."

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-08-29/felix-sater-is-a-lean-mean-trump-russia-machinery 

Let me beat the troll to the punch...

lol russia!

This guys got to go.

20 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Mobbed up Felix Sater keeps popping up in the investigation of Trump's ties to Russia

Bloomberg:

Among the many characters who have populated Trump's checkered history in real estate, Sater is the guy with one of the diciest resumes. A career criminal with ties to both organized crime and federal law enforcement, he partnered with Trump for years on a series of high-profile and unsuccessful real estate deals, including the Trump Soho hotel and condominium in Manhattan. On Monday, the New York Times and the Washington Post disclosed a series of emails involving Sater's efforts in 2015 and 2016 to help the Trump Organization build a Trump Tower knock-off in Moscow. There's is a little hitch that makes that noteworthy: Trump was also running for president at the time.

"Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it," Sater wrote in an email to Trump's personal attorney, Michael Cohen, in 2015. "I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

According to Bloomberg News, Cohen recently told a congressional committee investigating Trump's ties to Russia that he debriefed Trump three times about the Moscow deal. But Cohen apparently had a different impression than Sater of the value of the deal, telling congressional investigators that it "was not related in any way to Mr. Trump's presidential campaign."

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-08-29/felix-sater-is-a-lean-mean-trump-russia-machinery 

Dang! This might be the bombshell / blockbuster/ final nail! That's a lot of smoke! Drip drip drip. Wait a minute.......Email???

This is no longer a swamp, it's a quagmire.  A big, stinky, rotten quagmire.  Imagine once these clowns start turning on each other.

1 minute ago, mrdeltoid said:

Dang! This might be the bombshell / blockbuster/ final nail! That's a lot of smoke! Drip drip drip. Wait a minute.......Email???

Just another total coincidence. 

Just now, FatBoy said:

Just another total coincidence. 

I don't know, this looks like a bombshell......aw heck, pick your favorite BIG STORY adjective .

4 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

This is no longer a swamp, it's a quagmire.  A big, stinky, rotten quagmire.  Imagine once these clowns start turning on each other.

The house of cards is beginning to collapse. I think the Manafort blockbuster testimony and bombshell raid was a diversion. THIS email chain is the Russia story to end all Russia stories. Seriously, this is the big one!

1 minute ago, mrdeltoid said:

The house of cards is beginning to collapse. I think the Manafort blockbuster testimony and bombshell raid was a diversion. THIS email chain is the Russia story to end all Russia stories. Seriously, this is the big one!

Shiny new Libertarian cover with the same rotten conservative republican center :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Shiny new Libertarian cover with the same rotten conservative republican center :rolleyes:

Huh? I'm agreeing with you. This is the big one . No? Lol I know you have nothing to contribute. Isn't that what frustrated partisans do when they can't address the issue? Attack the poster, right? :lol:

2 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Huh? I'm agreeing with you. This is the big one . No? Lol I know you have nothing to contribute. Isn't that what frustrated partisans do when they can't address the issue? Attack the poster, right? :lol:

Oh please you aren't agreeing with anything.  And how is it an attack to notice that someone who claims to seen the libertarian light hasn't actually changed a bit.  Observation isn't attacking.

26 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Oh please you aren't agreeing with anything.  And how is it an attack to notice that someone who claims to seen the libertarian light hasn't actually changed a bit.  Observation isn't attacking.

You want a real giggle, this Gorka character is now trying to sell that he "resigned" from the White House.  That Kelly shoe print on his ample behind nonwithstanding!

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

You want a real giggle, this Gorka character is now trying to sell that he "resigned" from the White House.  That Kelly shoe print on his ample behind nonwithstanding!

LOL. I was reading about this a little earlier. They deactivated his badges and told the Secret Service not to let him on the grounds of the White House. 

He's going back to Breitbart where he and Bannon can 'continue to support the President'. In other words, they will launch smear campaigns against the ones that forced them out of the White House. This, of course, will make the Administration even less effective. If that is possible.  

Edited by FatBoy

4 hours ago, banner1124 said:

We're on the nationals which says:

National/World News

Talk about events happening across the country and around the world.

Now the thread title is:

If you have something to contribute by all means, let's hear it. But if all you want to do is discuss my political affiliation, start a thread or in box me. B)

Russia is past. Tropical storm in Texas is the big thing .....

1 hour ago, mrdeltoid said:

National/World News

Now the thread title is:

If you have something to contribute by all means, let's hear it. But if all you want to do is discuss my political affiliation, start a thread or in box me. B)

He does that a lot ......

1 hour ago, mrdeltoid said:

National/World News

Now the thread title is:

would you like some cheese with that whine?

14 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

He does that a lot ......

I prefer that to the lame misplaced jokes or inane questions that you contribute.

9 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

I prefer that to the lame misplaced jokes or inane questions that you contribute.

Are you being dishonest ...???

2 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Are you being dishonest ...???

wow... right on queue with the inane question lol :D:D:D 

Just now, banner1124 said:

wow... right on queue with the inane question lol :D:D:D 

Just using what you like to post .......

Just now, stevez51 said:

Just using what you like to post .......

Yeah, except it makes sense when I post it

4 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Yeah, except it makes sense when I post it

Not always. You use it like a punch line when you disagree with someone. Which is anyone on the opposite of you.

12 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Not always. You use it like a punch line when you disagree with someone. Which is anyone on the opposite of you.

Nope, only when I truly think someone is being dishonest.  I'm not surprised you don't understand that though.

Posted (edited)

Deltoid's meltdown notwithstanding, this is not good news for Trump. Clearly Mueller has got the goods. I know we'd like him to hurry up, but he's trying to get an air right case. Let him do his thing and hopefully the Dems can hold down the fort until then. 

Edited by Heisenberg

13 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Deltoid's meltdown notwithstanding, this is not good news for Trump. Clearly Mueller has got the goods. I know we'd like him to hurry up, but he's trying to get an air right case. Let him do his thing and hopefully the Dems can hold down the fort until then. 

I doubt that anyone with Mueller's level of power has ever done a real investigation into the financial house of cards that is Donald J Trump Inc.  I am certain that the threads in the investigation have uncovered lots of shady characters, backroom deals, payoffs, and who know what depth of criminality.  I hope he has enough to get Trump to resign on his own and avert the constitutional crisis.