Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GREYHOUND ALUM

First State Poll!

20 posts in this topic

1. DeMatha Catholic (First place votes: 11); Record: 0-1; Total votes: 299; Final 2016 state ranking: 1
2. St. Frances Academy (1), 1-0, 289, 4
3. Henry A. Wise, 0-0, 270, 2
4. McDonogh School, 0-0, 263, 7 
5. Archbishop Spalding, 0-0, 252, 8
6. Damascus, 0-0, 240, 3
7. Good Counsel, 0-1, 214, 5
8. Quince Orchard, 0-0, 198, 11
9. Oxon Hill, 0-0, 188, 24
10. Walkersville, 0-0, 173, 9
11. Northwest, 0-0, 163, not ranked
12. Franklin, 0-0, 139, 10 
13. Calvert Hall College, 1-0, 133, not ranked
14. Fort Hill, 0-0, 129, 8
15. Georgetown Prep, 0-0, 114, 14
16. Old Mill, 0-0, 101, 20
17. North Point, 0-0, 91, not ranked
18. Sherwood, 0-0, 86, 22
19. Howard, 0-0, 85, 16
20. Bullis School, 0-0, 76, 13
21. Linganore, 0-0, 60, not ranked
22. Seneca Valley, 0-0, 56, not ranked
23. Riverdale Baptist School, 0-0, 45, not ranked
24. Annapolis, 0-0, 38, 15 
25. Broadneck, 0-0, 36, not ranked

Others receiving votes: St. Mary’s Ryken (0-0, 30 points), Mount St. Joseph (0-1, 24), Tuscarora (0-0, 20), St. Vincent Pallotti (0-0, 16), Eleanor Roosevelt (0-0, 15), Lackey (0-0, 12), Oakdale (0-0, 12), North Caroline (0-0, 10), Long Reach (0-0, 9)Milford Mill Academy (0-0, 8)Elkton (0-0, 7), Bishop McNamara (0-1, 2), Dunbar (0-0, 1), Gwynn Park (0-0, 1), St. James School (0-0, 1).

CHC at 13 is laughable. 

Just shows the bias of this poll.  DeMatha an GC get spanked an they act like it didn't even happen.  SFA an Wise should be 1 an 2 an GC should be out. 

10 minutes ago, DJ88 said:

Just shows the bias of this poll.  DeMatha an GC get spanked an they act like it didn't even happen.  SFA an Wise should be 1 an 2 an GC should be out. 

DeMatha got spanked? By who? 

GC played a scrimmage. If you want to base things on a scrimmage DM beat SFA in a scrimmage. Please, bring me full circle with your logic.

2 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

DeMatha got spanked? By who? 

Who Dem played....

6 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Who Dem played....

Beating the three time MNC midway through the 3rd quarter at their place and losing by 12 is not getting spanked. That's universal no matter how you want to twist it. But yea, if it makes anyone feel better about their own shortcomings in life, DeMatha got spanked. Get them the hell out of the top spot...

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Beating the three time MNC midway through the 3rd quarter at their place and losing by 12 is not getting spanked. That's universal no matter how you want to twist it. But yea, if it makes anyone feel better about their own shortcomings in life, DeMatha got spanked. Get them the hell out of the top spot...

Pssssttt, high school football games are 4-quarters -- 48-minutes regulation time.  But Guru said we done with boring DC-centric dem crap here.....  Go home DC Sniper!!!

Edited by DayWalker

1 minute ago, DayWalker said:

Guru said we done with DC-centric dem crap here.....  Go home!!!

Yea nothing against him, but this is a MD state poll topic. DM is in it. Gotta get over that. Don't like it. Don't click. So easy. Even easier than complaining.

8 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Pssssttt, high school football games are 4-quarters -- 48-minutes regulation time.  But Guru said we done with boring DC-centric dem crap here.....  Go home DC Sniper!!!

Why do you post, revise, and then edit? Shouldn't you just revise before posting? I don't really care, it just gets confusing when trying to reply to you. Get it together, DW. 

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Yea nothing against him, but this is a MD state poll topic. DM is in it. Gotta get over that. Don't like it. Don't click. So easy. Even easier than complaining.

Then talk about the poll and a 0-1 team being #1 and not question who spanked them to make them 0-1.  Talk about another 0-1 team being #7.  Hell, talk about Riverdale Baptist and Saint Mary's Ryken being 1-0 and not 0-0 like this poll says and question just about everything with this so called poll,  Just sayin'   Oh nevamind, it's something GA had something to do with....

But we ain't making it a dem discussion even if they are in MD.  Got it?  :P

Edited by DayWalker

12 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Then talk about the poll and a 0-1 team being #1 and not question who spanked them to make them 0-1.  Talk about another 0-1 team being #7.  Hell, talk about Riverdale Baptist being 1-0 and not 0-0 like this poll says and question just about everything with this so called poll,  Just sayin'  

But we ain't making it a dem discussion even if they are in MD.  Got it?  :P

I was talking with DJ before you decided to act like people take you serious on here. Same stuff, different day. Mind your own business and the DC talk will reduce 50 fold. I'm not joking. You push/aggrevate that stuff more than anyone. 

It's not like DeMatha didn't step up and play a tough opponent. It was Bishop Gorman. Who knows, SFA and Wise are good but if you were betting "your" money no points would you bet them against DeMatha. They could definitely play with them but if you had to lay money on it I know who I'd go with. 

GC you might be right. Lost to a Delaware team and we'll see this week how far they have fallen. It's a week one poll, it's gonna change a lot.

1 minute ago, Silverbullet said:

I was talking with DJ before you decided to act like people take you serious on here. Same stuff, different day. Mind your own business and the DC talk will reduce 50 fold. I'm not joking. You push/aggrevate that stuff more than anyone. 

PM DJ if you want to chat to only DJ.  Post and expect rejoinder, some you may not like.  See how that work here Chevy....  

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

1. DeMatha Catholic (First place votes: 11); Record: 0-1; Total votes: 299; Final 2016 state ranking: 1
2. St. Frances Academy (1), 1-0, 289, 4
3. Henry A. Wise, 0-0, 270, 2
4. McDonogh School, 0-0, 263, 7 
5. Archbishop Spalding, 0-0, 252, 8
6. Damascus, 0-0, 240, 3
7. Good Counsel, 0-1, 214, 5
8. Quince Orchard, 0-0, 198, 11
9. Oxon Hill, 0-0, 188, 24
10. Walkersville, 0-0, 173, 9
11. Northwest, 0-0, 163, not ranked
12. Franklin, 0-0, 139, 10 
13. Calvert Hall College, 1-0, 133, not ranked
14. Fort Hill, 0-0, 129, 8
15. Georgetown Prep, 0-0, 114, 14
16. Old Mill, 0-0, 101, 20
17. North Point, 0-0, 91, not ranked
18. Sherwood, 0-0, 86, 22
19. Howard, 0-0, 85, 16
20. Bullis School, 0-0, 76, 13
21. Linganore, 0-0, 60, not ranked
22. Seneca Valley, 0-0, 56, not ranked
23. Riverdale Baptist School, 0-0, 45, not ranked
24. Annapolis, 0-0, 38, 15 
25. Broadneck, 0-0, 36, not ranked

Others receiving votes: St. Mary’s Ryken (0-0, 30 points), Mount St. Joseph (0-1, 24), Tuscarora (0-0, 20), St. Vincent Pallotti (0-0, 16), Eleanor Roosevelt (0-0, 15), Lackey (0-0, 12), Oakdale (0-0, 12), North Caroline (0-0, 10), Long Reach (0-0, 9)Milford Mill Academy (0-0, 8)Elkton (0-0, 7), Bishop McNamara (0-1, 2), Dunbar (0-0, 1), Gwynn Park (0-0, 1), St. James School (0-0, 1).

CHC at 13 is laughable. 

Actually looks really good for this early in the season. Top 5 looks good. Damascus may have an argument to be in there, but I'm taking Spalding and McDonogh head to head every time. I guess I'd say the same about Wise vs. the rest of the top 5, but they smacked everyone around last season in 4A, so I'm ok with it. A few changes that I would make personally...

Good Counsel is 0-0 not 0-1. They did not look good in the Smyrna scrimmage, but they deserve to be where they are until proven wrong in a game. 

Switch Riverdale Baptist and Calvert Hall. 

St. Mary's Ryken deserves to be in there after last week.

9 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

PM DJ if you want to chat to only DJ.  Post and expect rejoinder, some you may not like.  See how that work here Chevy....  

Great plan. Per usual, thanks for the rational advice. 

2 minutes ago, 58Colts said:

It's not like DeMatha didn't step up and play a tough opponent. It was Bishop Gorman. Who knows, SFA and Wise are good but if you were betting "your" money no points would you bet them against DeMatha. They could definitely play with them but if you had to lay money on it I know who I'd go with. 

GC you might be right. Lost to a Delaware team and we'll see this week how far they have fallen. It's a week one poll, it's gonna change a lot.

In other words, it was a Level Playing Field; one block of western highly recruited mercenaries playing an eastern block of highly recruited reclass'd mercenaries....  I would expect DeMatha to be able to "play with them," likes playing likes.  But if they played again tonight armed with what you saw Friday, would you bet all you have on DeM rather than what a team of hoodies from The U, Upper Marlboro would do or not do against the eastern gladiators.  A level playing field show just who/what you are, so says The DayWalker

3 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Actually looks really good for this early in the season. Top 5 looks good. Damascus may have an argument to be in there, but I'm taking Spalding and McDonogh head to head every time. I guess I'd say the same about Wise vs. the rest of the top 5, but they smacked everyone around last season in 4A, so I'm ok with it. A few changes that I would make personally...

Good Counsel is 0-0 not 0-1. They did not look good in the Smyrna scrimmage, but they deserve to be where they are until proven wrong in a game. 

Switch Riverdale Baptist and Calvert Hall. 

St. Mary's Ryken deserves to be in there after last week.

Ryken doesn't, MSJ will be battling for last in the league. Riverdale Baptist shouldn't be that high either. 

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Ryken doesn't, MSJ will be battling for last in the league. Riverdale Baptist shouldn't be that high either. 

You claim Gilman is so much improved and good this year with talent all over the place save QB and Riverdale went head-on or even out played Gilman in their scrimmage you rose-colored glasses watched Hudl highlights to claim Gilman dominated Riverdale.  RBS knocked the pants off of BMc last Saturday at BMc in a real game while Gilman wimped like a whipped puppy in its affair yet you state RBS shouldn't be ranked as high as they are....  geeeezzzzz!!!

Edited by DayWalker

17 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

You may be right, but I'm not going off of scrimmages. These early season rankings are an extremely hard task. For right now, RBS and SMR just beat teams that have had their number the last few seasons. This week we won't know much more either with the few games that have the potential to shake the poll up...

-Spalding vs Annapolis. Think Spalding slams them. 

-Gilman vs Good Counsel. Literally no clue who is showing up.

-SMR vs SVP. SMR looks to be very well coached with Brady. Could be interesting against the pregame warriors from Laurel. I think SVP wins in a close one. 

Which brings me to the only thing I'm really interested in this week....Bishop Sullivan pushed an absolutely AHP team to the limit last weekend. Should be a good test for SFA. How do you see that one shaking out?  

2 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

You may be right, but I'm not going off of scrimmages. These early season rankings are an extremely hard task. For right now, RBS and SMR just beat teams that have had their number the last few seasons. This week we won't know much more either with the few games that have the potential to shake the poll up...

-Spalding vs Annapolis. Think Spalding slams them. 

-Gilman vs Good Counsel. Literally no clue who is showing up.

-SMR vs SVP. SMR looks to be very well coached with Brady. Could be interesting against the pregame warriors from Laurel. I think SVP wins in a close one. 

Which brings me to the only thing I'm really interested in this week....Bishop Sullivan pushed an absolutely AHP team to the limit last weekend. Should be a good test for SFA. How do you see that one shaking out?  

Sullivan is loaded! I know SFA wasn't happy with the way they played against the Canadian team. It's going to be a tough one. All depends on what Sullivan team shows up, they were the most up and down team in the nation last year. Honestly, my head says Sullivan pulls out the upset, but hope I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Sullivan is loaded! I know SFA wasn't happy with the way they played against the Canadian team. It's going to be a tough one. All depends on what Sullivan team shows up, they were the most up and down team in the nation last year. Honestly, my head says Sullivan pulls out the upset, but hope I'm wrong. 

IMO, Sullivan is better than last year. The coaches settled into the national schedule stuff(takes time). Obviously SFA is better than last year. I think SFA kicks Sullivan while they are still down from the AHP loss. It will be close one. We'll definitely see what SFA is this week.