Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TDHelmick

Alco vs. Dunbar Friday Night Greenway Lights

14 posts in this topic

Dunbar Poets traveling to Cumberland to tackle Allegany Friday night in Maryland 1A action. This will be the Poets first ever game at Greenway Avenue Stadium. They did come here for a scrimmage back in 2011 but never a regular season game. Alco has a nice squad this year with a good bit of experience back from a 10 win campaign. Opponents will have to stop big fullback Karson Robinette which is no easy task. He will pound on you. Big Blue also pretty stout defensively on the inside. Grades not posted yet on the secondary. Guess they will find out Friday with this Poet passing game.

Any Dunbar scouting reports for the Cumberland folks? Who is the best player on both sides of the ball? Strength or concerns? I heard there were some transfers that came in or came out this summer, if so who were they?

Have a great Labor Day weekend!

26 minutes ago, TDHelmick said:

Dunbar Poets traveling to Cumberland to tackle Allegany Friday night in Maryland 1A action. This will be the Poets first ever game at Greenway Avenue Stadium. They did come here for a scrimmage back in 2011 but never a regular season game. Alco has a nice squad this year with a good bit of experience back from a 10 win campaign. Opponents will have to stop big fullback Karson Robinette which is no easy task. He will pound on you. Big Blue also pretty stout defensively on the inside. Grades not posted yet on the secondary. Guess they will find out Friday with this Poet passing game.

Any Dunbar scouting reports for the Cumberland folks? Who is the best player on both sides of the ball? Strength or concerns? I heard there were some transfers that came in or came out this summer, if so who were they?

Read all 400 40B's latest posts about Dunbar.  He told us all about The Poets and how weak they are 2017 even with the best QB in the city.  According to 40B, everyone left Dunbar and took the kitchen sink; that Dunbar is but a soft shell of what it use to be.  Hell, 40B is even lickin' his chops for his turn in week 3 to abuse The Poets I heard.  So no worry Todd, 40B is saying Dunbar can be had and they will thank you and ask for another when you spank that rump come Friday.  Do this help you any.... :)

Just now, OldBallCoach said:

Gonna be a slobber knocker anyone know if this will be streamed

Yep, likely streamed delayed perhaps.  And slobber knocker is more geared to the Sentinels side of the house who just love that saying.....

Lmao hey if their secondary weak the best qb in the city will pick them apart if his young line can give him time. Defensely will these new defensive players on Dunbar be able to stop the run. 

Dunbar 22- allegany 14

2 hours ago, TDHelmick said:

That is why you play the game.  See you all Friday Night under the lights.  Click-Clack PPO3

Allegany may be concerned but 40B just don't give a nat's nuts about the famed Dunbar Poets.  It's a new day and new times blast is saying.  40 think his is going to Put On For His City...  :wub:

2 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Allegany may be concerned but 40B just don't give a nat's nuts about the famed Dunbar Poets.  It's a new day and new times blast is saying.  40 think his is going to Put On For His City...  :wub:

I have not seen 40B post here. Must have missed the boat. Day, might UB40?

I will try and dig through the forum. Less someone be kind enuff to point the way.

Cross town Cumberland foe Fort Hill plays on Saturday. Greenway gonna be a nice crowd of Alco and FH  folks holding hands. Well maybe not. Extra pizza shells had to be ordered from local bakery. 

Posted (edited)

They are still calling for showers Friday evening. Will that affect Dunbar more than Allegany? Will probably cut down on the crowd a bit as well.

Edited by Waggle Pass

Believe it or not Pass, it rain in BMore also and I'm sure Dunbar has played with Rain Drops Are Falling on Their Heads.....la la la la.  No worry, The Poets will bring it.

Unless it's a driving rain with 30+ mph winds, I doubt it will make much of an equalizing difference. The turf at Greenway doesn't get muddy.

23 minutes ago, sickofitall said:

...... The turf at Greenway doesn't get muddy.

That's not what I heard sick.  Oh nevermind, that's when FH is on that turf...   :D