Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dshawg1

Will the Orioles Make a Trade Today (8/31)-WIll it Be Gonzo?

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

That's my guess, we sign Gonzo, cut Ubaldo (Buck cries in his office for hours with the loss of Ubaldo and is paralyzed by grief and can't go on:).

Seriouly-any predictions on what moves, if any, are made?

Edited by dshawg1

1 minute ago, dshawg1 said:

That's my guess, we sign Gonzo, cut Ubaldo (Buck cries in his office for hours with the loss of Ubaldo and is paralyzed by grief and can't go on:).

Seriouly-any predictions on what moves, if any are made?

Not to sound condescending...but I predict Buck is going to continue to be Buck and all hope that fans have will be dashed because he's just too damn stubborn to acknowledge the problem. And without the acknowledgment that there is a problem, there's never going to be a satisfactory solution to the problem.

The fact that Ubaldo is still pitching for this team is absolutely appalling.

2 minutes ago, dshawg1 said:

The fact that Ubaldo is still pitching for this team is absolutely appalling.

I throw up a little in my mouth every time I look at UJ and his big dumb head. Especially now that the 2nd WC spot is so within reach.

9 minutes ago, dshawg1 said:

Seriouly-any predictions on what moves, if any, are made?

Trading for Miggy since he has passed waivers is the best move possible.  International bonus slots anyone??   DD have any left, LOL??   But really, Buck likes Miggy and trusts him. He may be the one guy available that Buck would actually bring on over UJ.  And Miggy looks to be on a heater as well.  

22 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Trading for Miggy since he has passed waivers is the best move possible.  International bonus slots anyone??   DD have any left, LOL??   But really, Buck likes Miggy and trusts him. He may be the one guy available that Buck would actually bring on over UJ.  And Miggy looks to be on a heater as well.  

Right man to go for, but at what cost?  Do we have anything they'd want?

20 minutes ago, Struds said:

Right man to go for, but at what cost?  Do we have anything they'd want?

Normally he would be cheap.  What did we give up for Joe Saunders back in 2012??  Remember how clutch he turned out to be??   But with so many teams still in the WC hunt, and everyone looking for pitching, he may be above our price range.

Get Gonzo, Cut The Turd

54 minutes ago, Rob said:

Get Gonzo, Cut The Turd

End of story.

(But I would be surprised -- pleasantly -- if it happens.)

I don't want to move any of our top prospects. Cheap labor is paramount to us signing Manny in the off season. No need to mortgage the future. Stick Castro in the rotation and take your chances.

Ubaldo is here until the end and I wouldn't be shocked if he came back.

Somewhat O/T. I'm watching tonight's game and maybe I'm totally off, but when other pitchers get ahead of our hitters it's a definite advantage to the pitchers. When our pitchers get ahead, it seems like the batters take advantage of that and work the count and work the count and work the count, running up the pitch count a lot.

10 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

I throw up a little in my mouth every time I look at UJ and his big dumb head. Especially now that the 2nd WC spot is so within reach.

The Angels are making a BIG push for the WC. They got Justin Upton from the Tigers and may get Phillips from the Braves. 

I don't buy the idea that Buck "likes" Miguel or would entertain giving Ubaldo's spot to him for a second. Miguel was a solid consistent pitcher here for years, first sign of struggle for a month and a few bad spring outings, and they let him go. Ubaldo's stunk for 80% of 4 seasons but he keeps getting starts. It's stoopid with two O's.

Edited by Ravens2006

12 hours ago, dshawg1 said:

Why would it be your guess? Big Dan basically just gave up on him to cut "salary."

Rangers get Gonzo, curious what they have up. Prediction: they get the 2nd WC and proof DD can't do anything right regarding starting pitching.

Davies beat the #1 offense in baseball tonight and has 16 wins. We traded him for Parra. My god, let the reign of terror end.

46 minutes ago, dshawg1 said:

Rangers get Gonzo, curious what they have up. Prediction: they get the 2nd WC and proof DD can't do anything right regarding starting pitching.

Lets make a wager that the Rangers will be watching the os in the playoffs 

Tigers dumped Upton and Verlander! Wow. Good for the Angels and the Astros.  Meanwhile, the O's do nothing.:(