Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

Week 1 Scores

149 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, DMVSportsAnalyst said:

How did the DM stags do? I didn't get to make that game due to me being at another game

Your Stags won 28-0 over Avalon. A shutout is a shutout, but I expected to see more points scored than only 28 points.

2 hours ago, hsFbfan said:

WOW! at half, what the heck happened?

I am guessing its growing pains hsFbfan.  They have a new coach and switched from their Wing-T offense to a Pro-Style offense. I watched them scrimmaged against Howard and they did not look good at all.  I was extremely surprised.  It will take some time, maybe enough time to turn it around before they get to the MIAA-B league games on their schedule.

Palotti coaches chirp a lot about them being a top program.  Stop talking smack and keep working.  You had 1 good year in crappy B division.  Then u call out teams like Dematha and MCD.  Talk about delusional.  Be humble and let your game talk.  

11 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Your Stags won 28-0 over Avalon. A shutout is a shutout, but I expected to see more points scored than only 28 points.

Thanks for the update. I thought DM had blown them out by 60, Avalon must be solid.

SJC blew a 31-14 lead to DeLaSalle and lost 35-31. The #7 nationally ranked Spartans took over well past midnight, as Doyle went 12-15 for 160 yards in the first half, leading the Cadets to a 21-7 lead. Midway through the 3rd, the Spartans mounted their comeback, shredding the Cadets D on the ground, cutting the lead to 3, 31-28 heading to the final stanza. The Spartans scored with 9 minutes to go up for good. The Cadets had a chance to re-take the lead with 4 minutes remaining, driving to the Spartans 6, before two incompletions turned the ball over on downs. The Spartans gained 467 yards, 356 on the ground. The Cadets gained 447 yards, with Doyle finishing 21-35 for 308 yards throiugh the air.

Very impressed with North Point. Seems like they have it all together. They man handled Old Mill.

2 minutes ago, themamba said:

SJC blew a 31-14 lead to DeLaSalle and lost 35-31. The #7 nationally ranked Spartans took over well past midnight, as Doyle went 12-15 for 160 yards in the first half, leading the Cadets to a 21-7 lead. Midway through the 3rd, the Spartans mounted their comeback, shredding the Cadets D on the ground, cutting the lead to 3, 31-28 heading to the final stanza. The Spartans scored with 9 minutes to go up for good. The Cadets had a chance to re-take the lead with 4 minutes remaining, driving to the Spartans 6, before two incompletions turned the ball over on downs. The Spartans gained 467 yards, 356 on the ground. The Cadets gained 447 yards, with Doyle finishing 21-35 for 308 yards through the air.

Thanks Mamba!

1 minute ago, OldBallCoach said:

Very impressed with North Point. Seems like they have it all together. They man handled Old Mill.

Hey...I picked them to make it to the 4A Final Four!

12 minutes ago, DMVSportsAnalyst said:

Thanks for the update. I thought DM had blown them out by 60, Avalon must be solid.

Avalon is definitely not solid, the almost lost to Ballou! A Ballou team that was just blown out by Riverdale B! This DeMatha score is a shocker! This should have been a first half running clock. Is this thebyesr SJC or Gonzaga beat them? I doubt it. 

10 hours ago, MCsoccerplex said:

Allegany 49 - Dunbar 42

I had Allegany beating Dunbar in the predictions thread but I never thought the Poets would give up almost 50 pts.  Good offense but no D whatsoever.  Gonna be a long season on Orleans Street.

10 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

We know you hate Gilman, Gilman will not lose to CHC, Loyola or MSJ! Now, they won't beat anybody else, but they won't lose those games! You do know that GC is ranke in the Top 10 in the state right? They won't lose to McD 50-0, defense is much better. They just can't get off the field. GC had the ball starting no further away than the Gilman's 40 all but once all game! 

Gilman was what, 2-9 last season?  Keep running your mouth GA.  Can you say winless?!

12 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

I am a believer after that performance

14 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

I did, too. I'm partial as I have two good friends that have a son on the team. The Eagles would be my 2nd lock pick for a regional in 4A, behind Wise.

Edited by themamba

3 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

I am a believer after that performance

Old Mill is extremely young, which is why I don't understand why the Baltimore Sun ranked them at all in their Top 15.  They have quite a few bad teams in AA Co to work on some things.  But I am a believer still in North Point, thought they may make a run to the States this year.  But this is STILL only one game Coach...

13 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Gilman was what, 2-9 last season?  Keep running your mouth GA.  Can you say winless?!

You haven't seen Gilman, much better than last year. They will beat your CHC team by two TD's or more! Good Counsel is loaded with athletes, huge linemen, and D1 players(only SFA and DM have more). They only thing they lack, is a QB. The QB they have can't pass, but is a very good decision maker and hell of a runner. When they beat Spalding, you will see.

Gilman was in the game the whole game, this wasn't a blowout. They had the ball on the goal line with a chance to take the lead  at the end of the third. Gilman has had the ball six times this season inside the 15 on first down, and have only scored 3 points from it. Gilman has a QB, play calling issue. I was told last night that the reason the transfer QB isn't playing, is because he doesn't have the play book down. I have a feeling by the time MIAA season starts, he will be their starting QB. 

Bishop Gordons 55 game win streak was snapped last night 35-21 loss to Mater Dei.  Kind of knocks Demathas OOS and performance against BG down a notch. IMO WCAC may be up for grabs for StJohns or Gonzaga 

33 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

You haven't seen Gilman, much better than last year. They will beat your CHC team by two TD's or more! Good Counsel is loaded with athletes, huge linemen, and D1 players(only SFA and DM have more). They only thing they lack, is a QB. The QB they have can't pass, but is a very good decision maker and hell of a runner. When they beat Spalding, you will see.

Gilman was in the game the whole game, this wasn't a blowout. They had the ball on the goal line with a chance to take the lead  at the end of the third. Gilman has had the ball six times this season inside the 15 on first down, and have only scored 3 points from it. Gilman has a QB, play calling issue. I was told last night that the reason the transfer QB isn't playing, is because he doesn't have the play book down. I have a feeling by the time MIAA season starts, he will be their starting QB. 

I watched the Gonzaga/Gilman game on Gilman TV.   The camera angles were terrible and I couldn't get the sound but I saw what I needed to see.  Keep on digging Gilman's grave deeper and deeper.  

17 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

I watched the Gonzaga/Gilman game on Gilman TV.   The camera angles were terrible and I couldn't get the sound but I saw what I needed to see.  Keep on digging Gilman's grave deeper and deeper.  

Double or nothing bet, CHC versus Gilman? Or do you not have faith in your boys? 

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!   There go GA again....flashing his HUGE wallet!!!

14 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Didn't your parents always tell you to stay out of grown folks business? What about the phrase "never count another man's money?" That's between me and that man. I already owe him something, and he can vouch for me, I always pay my debts. 

18 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Isn't he internet great, you can be whoever (plural) you want to be. I give GA **** all of the time, but I credit him with inventing fake news. He even had another handle calling Gilman's backs 'beasts' in a 38 to nothing loss. First, Hill was the 'next big thing' at QB, now he sucks, according to him. First, the coaching change at Gilman was an improvement, now they don't know what the hell they are doing. Meetings in New York, LMAO! I said last week I thought this was the week to turn around the futility, I was wrong. I did say they need to score. I should have clarified, at least once on the offensive end. With all the 'beasts' and 'real deals', its not too much to ask. Go Gilman!

2 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Didn't your parents always tell you to stay out of grown folks business? What about the phrase "never count another man's money?" That's between me and that man. I already owe him something, and he can vouch for me, I always pay my debts. 

LOL...but GA...I am not questioning whether you are a man of your word when it come down to your betting.  But man, when you very strong about something and is challenged you usually pull out that wallet!  And it is pretty funny...to be honest. And grown folks business are not discussed in a open forum like such.

Edited by ShoNuff07

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Avalon is definitely not solid, the almost lost to Ballou! A Ballou team that was just blown out by Riverdale B! This DeMatha score is a shocker! This should have been a first half running clock. Is this thebyesr SJC or Gonzaga beat them? I doubt it. 

DM was winning 21-0 in the 2nd quarter and they pulled the starters. They had a tough game last weekend in LV. That team needed the rest, not a 70-0 while risking injury game for show. But yea, the WCAC is up for grabs between SJC and Gonzaga. Gonzaga lost to the booming powerhouse of Viera by 2 TD's yesterday. And SJC has a strong history of showing up in big games. Makes all the sense in the world...

Edited by Silverbullet

2 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

LOL...but GA...I am not questioning whether you are a man of your word when it come down to your betting.  But man, when you very strong about something and is challenged you usually pull out that wallet!  And it is pretty funny...to be honest.....

Pretty funny? This **** is comical.

Edited by themamba

Just now, ShoNuff07 said:

LOL...but GA...I am not questioning whether you are a man of your word when it come down to your betting.  But man, when you very strong about something and is challenged you usually pull out that wallet!  And it is pretty funny...to be honest.....

I'm a gambler, it's what I do! Just finished making my bets with Vegas on the games today. So, whether is poker, pool, sports, I'm betting on it. What you may call a big wallet, another man may call a day's work!