Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

Week 1 Scores

149 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

DM was winning 21-0 in the 2nd quarter and they pulled the starters. They had a tough game last weekend in LV. That team needed the rest, not a 70-0 while risking injury game for show. But yea, the WCAC is up for grabs between SJC and Gonzaga. Gonzaga lost to the booming powerhouse of Viera by 2 TD's yesterday. And SJC has a strong history of showing up in big games. Makes all the sense in the world...

No way does Gonzaga have a chance against DM! Don't have the athletes. They just have a very good coaching staff, that exploit weaknesses. I give GC a much better "chance" against DM than Gonzaga. GC has much better athletes, and have the numbers and size. They still won't beat them. Now SJC, I will never pick SJC against DM until they actually beat them. But the DLS game is a little of an eye opener. I think DM made a mistake by playing the schedule they're playing this year, might come back in bite them against SJC. 

54 minutes ago, VoiceofTruth said:

Bishop Gordons 55 game win streak was snapped last night 35-21 loss to Mater Dei.  Kind of knocks Demathas OOS and performance against BG down a notch. IMO WCAC may be up for grabs for StJohns or Gonzaga 

Mater Dei is the #1 team in the country. Bishop Gorman will still be top 10. DeMatha top 25. But yea, the WCAC is definitely between SJC and Gonzaga. 

13 hours ago, GOOCH said:

Well just watched the McDonogh Lasalle film and it was the Ellis and Johnson show . 

Show? They only beat them 21-9. A LaSalle team that was 7-5 last year. Sounds like it was a good defensive game. 

15 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I'm a gambler, it's what I do! Just finished making my bets with Vegas on the games today. So, whether is poker, pool, sports, I'm betting on it. What you may call a big wallet, another man may call a day's work! 

Then do your thang GA...do your thang and get paid.

4 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

No way does Gonzaga have a chance against DM! Don't have the athletes. They just have a very good coaching staff, that exploit weaknesses. I give GC a much better "chance" against DM than Gonzaga. GC has much better athletes, and have the numbers and size. They still won't beat them. Now SJC, I will never pick SJC against DM until they actually beat them. But the DLS game is a little of an eye opener. I think DM made a mistake by playing the schedule they're playing this year, might come back in bite them against SJC. 

I agree with most of what you said. SJC made the mistake with schedule. They are about to experience an ECA in Texas style unrelenting gauntlet. 

1 minute ago, Silverbullet said:

I agree with most of what you said. SJC made the mistake with schedule. They are about to experience an ECA in Texas style unrelenting gauntlet. 

Very good point. They could literally be limping into that game against DM. 

46 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Double or nothing bet, CHC versus Gilman? Or do you not have faith in your boys? 

I don't care enough anymore to bet on the outcome of CHC games.  Still love following my team but posting about them will be relegated in how the kids performed not on whether the team won.  Except for the Turkey Bowl, lol!

BTW, it's getting cooler now, more Fall-like.  A case of Blue Moon Oatmeal Cappucino Stout would be appreciated next time you're in town. 😉🍺

Just now, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Very good point. They could literally be limping into that game against DM. 

Yea no worries. Who knows? Maybe they stay healthy. DM is in their third consecutive year of losing their best offensive threat for the entire season(Turner, McFarland, Lloyd). Because that's normal. 

17 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Mater Dei is the #1 team in the country. Bishop Gorman will still be top 10. DeMatha top 25. But yea, the WCAC is definitely between SJC and Gonzaga. 

Didnt realize they were rankef #1  MD wasn't really in the picture when I paid attention to such things None the less I believe Dematha is still the favorite in the WCAC but believe SJC and the Zags have a chance.  SJC qb looked very good last night and I still can't believe they blew that game. I guess you can't predict heart determination and coaching of a team like DLS. As for Gonzaga GA can say what he wants and I get they don't have the D1 eye candy he froths over but they are a well coached good football team and in my experience that can be enough 

37 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

I don't care enough anymore to bet on the outcome of CHC games.  Still love following my team but posting about them will be relegated in how the kids performed not on whether the team won.  Except for the Turkey Bowl, lol!

BTW, it's getting cooler now, more Fall-like.  A case of Blue Moon Oatmeal Cappucino Stout would be appreciated next time you're in town. 😉🍺

Hahaha! Ok, I've never even heard of that beer. But, I hate anything Blue Moon. 

29 minutes ago, VoiceofTruth said:

Didnt realize they were rankef #1  MD wasn't really in the picture when I paid attention to such things None the less I believe Dematha is still the favorite in the WCAC but believe SJC and the Zags have a chance.  SJC qb looked very good last night and I still can't believe they blew that game. I guess you can't predict heart determination and coaching of a team like DLS. As for Gonzaga GA can say what he wants and I get they don't have the D1 eye candy he froths over but they are a well coached good football team and in my experience that can be enough 

I don't care about D1 anything! Football is about matchups, and DM is a really bad matchup for Gonzaga. They don't have the size, athletes, or playmakers to upset DM this year. GC is a better matchup than Zaga. I think Zaga will beat GC because of coaching. But coaching can only do but so much, if you don't have size, speed, or athletes. 

2 hours ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Old Mill is extremely young, which is why I don't understand why the Baltimore Sun ranked them at all in their Top 15.  They have quite a few bad teams in AA Co to work on some things.  But I am a believer still in North Point, thought they may make a run to the States this year.  But this is STILL only one game Coach...

You are 100% right still real early

8 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

You are 100% right still real early

So there are actually posters who still take the sun's rankings seriously...its like thinking Trump really has a brain....SAD

Certainly the fastest player you've never heard of is MSD's Brady Perry - a returning 1st team All-Frederick County RB, who recently represented the US as a sprinter in this summer's Deaflympics in Turkey.

Didn't take long to showcase that speed when he returned the opening kickoff 90 yards for a TD.

Oddly, he barely touched the ball for the rest of the half, largely because this morning's(!) opponent, Paul International, DC is not overly talented (more accurately, they are spectacularly awful).

Perhap more oddly, Perry is not MSD's best player. That honor belongs to RB/S Eric Long who scored 4 times = TD runs of 20, 14 & 15 and a 45-yd INT return.

MSD leads 7-0 in first downs and 106-(-35) in total yards.

46-0 MSD at half

31 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Hahaha! Ok, I've never even heard of that beer. But, I hate anything Blue Moon. 

They have it at Well's.  If not, Guinness Black will do.

Just now, TheGuru said:

They have it at Well's.  If not, Guinness Black will do.

I'll find it somewhere. 

2 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I'll find it somewhere. 

OH...THERE HE IS...BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER FOR U MANE....now where was we....how are the Hounds doings bro......ALL SEASON GA....ALL SEASON MAN.....

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Show? They only beat them 21-9. A LaSalle team that was 7-5 last year. Sounds like it was a good defensive game. 

Nah a few scores called back hey by the way Johnson is better than Spanky 😃

4 hours ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Final score?

21 9 with MCDONOUGH having 2 scores called back 

MSD has won 12 of the last 15 Deaf National Championships.

This was a first visit to MSD = 179 down, 46 to go (can't ever remember shivering during a Week 1 game).

46-0 MSD final

3 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

Scores called back, aren't scores. They don't count.  

He's not a better football player than Spanky! Spanky was outstanding yesterday, all over the field. Spanky is without a doubt Gilman's best overall player. Spanky could play RB, WR, or defense at the next level. Kid had to have 15 tackles yesterday. 

GA......U COMING WITH THE BS ALREADY BRO......Just let some td's get called back on Gilman and see how fast you recap the game and count those scores....I have read where you have said countless times, "Had it not been for this or that TD getting called back on Gilman YADA YADA YADA".....GA I am officially sanctioning you...this is just wrong bro....you should be ashamed of yourself

16 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

GOOOOOOOOOOCH......

All over the field but y'all continue to get blown out let me be clear Johnson is a better RB than Spanky