Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MCsoccerplex

Allegany - Dunbar

24 posts in this topic

Both teams have had missed opportunities...Dunbar dropped pass in the end zone and Allegany fumbled on the two yard line.

At the half Allegany 20 - Dunbar 14.

Edited by MCsoccerplex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allegany with a 73 yard third quarter drive that took 6 minutes and 35 seconds. 

26 - 14...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After 3 unsportsmanlike calls on Allegany, 41-28 with one minute left in the third quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot higher scoring than I thought. Dunbar QB picked them apart pretty good. Dunbar looked like they had no idea what a Wing-T is. Good good overall though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some stats, thanks to WCBC:

Total Yards: Allegany 519   Dunbar 427

First Downs: Allegany 24   Dunbar 18

Rushing Yards: Allegany 412   Dunbar 122

Passing Yards: Allegany 5/5 for 107   Dunbar 15/25 for 305 (one interception)

Penalty Yards: Allegany 12 for 67   Dunbar 11 for 64

***I could be wrong with time of possession, but I believe CBC's "Stat-Man" said Dunbar only had the ball for 13 minutes and 14 seconds. 

 

Edited by MCsoccerplex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MCsoccerplex said:

Here are some stats, thanks to WCBC:

Total Yards: Allegany 519   Dunbar 427

First Downs: Allegany 24   Dunbar 18

Rushing Yards: Allegany 412   Dunbar 122

Passing Yards: Allegany 5/5 for 107   Dunbar 15/25 for 305 (one interception)

Penalty Yards: Allegany 12 for 67   Dunbar 11 for 64

 

 

412 geesh missed tackles????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

412 geesh missed tackles????

As C-Ville mentioned, it looked like the Poets did not know how to defend the Wing-T. 

As a potential point of interest, the Dunbar-Allegany state championship game 10 years ago established the most points scored in a MD state championship game (58-34). This one seemed very similar. :)

Edited by MCsoccerplex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good win for Allegany. Significant penalties on both sides. Dunbar had no answer for the trap and couldn't stop the run. The Poets will be a different team week 10 and will be a tough out this season. The Dunbar QB is a stud.

Edited by Maryland Mountaineer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Maryland Mountaineer said:

Good win for Allegany. Dunbar will get better, very sloppy play and couldn't stop the run. The Poets will be a different team week 10. The Dunbar QB is a stud.

I agree, MD Mountaineer. It almost seemed as if the Poets could turn it on defensively at times, but the consistency was not there. It will be come playoff time. The Poet's QB is something very, very special! He threw some completed passes when he was in the grasp. 

Edited by MCsoccerplex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MCsoccerplex said:

As C-Ville mentioned, it looked like the Poets did not know how to defend the Wing-T. 

As a potential point of interest, the Dunbar-Allegany state championship game 10 years ago established the most points scored in a MD state championship game (58-34). This one seemed very similar. :)

Should be interesting 

like the fact that Dunbar opened the season with a challenge 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you run the 1 and 2 hole for consistent 20-44 yard gainers the entire night, either the Alco OL is that good or the Dunbar defense was that spotty. Probably a little of both. Was also surprised Alco got the edges against this defense so easily. There was nothing but green real estate on the jet/toss sweeps. Alco will be a tough out for any team this year. Dunbar offense looked good, just only had the ball for about 14 minutes out of 60.

If anyone wants to watch the game via online Cumberland stream here is the broadcast from Commercial Video. They do a really good job.

Commercial Video: Allegany vs. Dunbar

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TDHelmick said:

When you run the 1 and 2 hole for consistent 20-44 yard gainers the entire night, either the Alco OL is that good or the Dunbar defense was that spotty. Probably a little of both. Was also surprised Alco got the edges against this defense so easily. There was nothing but green real estate on the jet/toss sweeps. Alco will be a tough out for any team this year. Dunbar offense looked good, just only had the ball for about 14 minutes out of 60.

If anyone wants to watch the game via online Cumberland stream here is the broadcast from Commercial Video. They do a really good job.

Commercial Video: Allegany vs. Dunbar

 

I am now watching the game and WOW! That OL of Alco is QUICK off the snap!  I think they have good OL play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0