eaglesinsider

Week 2 Schedule/Predictions

70 posts in this topic

OBC

I dropped in on Friendly / WESTLAKE and even chatted a bit with D. Zac.  Westlake was smoking Saturday; hitting on all cylinders mid-season form.  They appear to be a much improved team with some rockets at wideout and runningback.  Don't sleep on them against North Point this coming weekend.  I'm awaiting the game video from one of my SMAC peeps; the slow side of the family.  But I can easily tell you are such the poor judge of teams picking CHC over Wise.  But it's a blind privateer pride thing we've developed like your ilk you adapted to I'll never understand OBC.  :D

Edited by DayWalker

Hahaha DW I used to be anti private converted because of Rich and my nephew have to stay with family. Coach Parrish is a hell of a coach it would not shock me at all for Wise to roll that game with his horses.

How is D Zac doing don't see him much anymore. That's great news above the Wolverines. Little Zac is a great kid I hope he turns that program back into monster. I am pulling for him!

Edited by OldBallCoach

Gooch

what was Woodens injury? Is he out for the entire year? That is disaster for Calvert Hall

On 9/3/2017 at 4:38 PM, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Can't take much out of the highlight. Looks like Prep has a really good RB. We know they're very well coached, should have beaten Gonzaga last year. So my money is on Prep, only because of Gilman's playcalling and QB issue.

Like I said, GC is more talented than Gonzaga. And the more I think about it, I actually think GC is a better team than Gonzaga. So Prep will be a major step down in the size and athleticism they've faced. But, my money is on Prep in this one. Until the coaches can prove they will make any sort of change at QB, or call a competent game, can't give them any credit.  

Prep keeps a good back and good line play on both sides of the ball. If Gilman has any athletes they can put in space they can beat Prep. But they have to be ready to take a punch in the mouth and punch back. Prep will line up and run a pro-style offense and some zone-read stuff with their QB who is athletic.

Edited by Tomslick

6 hours ago, OldBallCoach said:

Hahaha DW I used to be anti private converted because of Rich and my nephew have to stay with family. Coach Parrish is a hell of a coach it would not shock me at all for Wise to roll that game with his horses.

How is D Zac doing don't see him much anymore. That's great news above the Wolverines. Little Zac is a great kid I hope he turns that program back into monster. I am pulling for him!

The DayWalker isn't anti-private coach.  I just prefer the base community centered HIGH SCHOOL game of neighborhood kids and the life of Like a Box of Chocolates rather than than cross state mercenaries, rankings (opinions), MNC and other private garbage.  State titles should be the end game for high school to The DayWalker.  I just cringed when I heard Marshawn Lynch Lloyd talking deciding where he was going after all the "offers" were in because he was a middle schooler talking about what high school he would attend coming out of PA and not his college choices.  The paid highly compensated ( "financial aid" ) athletes is better for me at the college and higher level and not high school.  It's just a DayWalker thing perhaps.  Well that, and some private yoyos here who year in and year out attempt to marginalize the publics with their private poor to mediocre alone would wax the publics best, or why won't the publics best play the privates, or why are the publics "afraid" to allow the privates into the MD PUBLIC Secondary School Championship, and yada yada yada.

So no OCD OBC, The DayWalker isn't anti-public but rather just showing the private circus barkers here what type of game they will in fact get as The DayWalker is a reflection of the publics and we do have game.  See, you say it would not shock you at all for Wise to beat CHC.  Folks in the know expect it and that's what the privates here just cannot stomach; that is, the thought that a public school could beat a private ( not luck up or do a freak thing and win ) and that make their heads implode.

And lil Zac need not turn Westlake around.  It's just that some time in the publics you are up and go all the way and other times you are up and some other public is better --- that Box of Chocolates you just never know what you'll get.  :o    Understand Coach.....  Now may I go look at the Ryken - Palotti game I just got an e-mail alert is in my inbox.  Let me see what the privates are up to rather than crossing mid-field taunting during warm-ups and others walking and refusing to play.

Edited by DayWalker

20 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Can't take much out of the highlight. Looks like Prep has a really good RB. We know they're very well coached, should have beaten Gonzaga last year. So my money is on Prep, only because of Gilman's playcalling and QB issue.

Like I said, GC is more talented than Gonzaga. And the more I think about it, I actually think GC is a better team than Gonzaga. So Prep will be a major step down in the size and athleticism they've faced. But, my money is on Prep in this one. Until the coaches can prove they will make any sort of change at QB, or call a competent game, can't give them any credit.  

Really, IAC team traveling to Baltimore? I'm pretty sure Marcus Mason graduated. Best matchup would have been the 2002 teams when they were the best teams in the state. 

If the backs are as good as you say, at home against an IAC team that while good I would think Prep would have trouble stopping these 2. Think they left the MIAA because the recruiting was getting out of hand. At Home GA and you think Gilman loses? You sure? 

3 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

The DayWalker isn't anti-private coach.  I just prefer the base community centered HIGH SCHOOL game of neighborhood kids and the life of Like a Box of Chocolates rather than than cross state mercenaries, rankings (opinions), MNC and other private garbage.  State titles should be the end game for high school to The DayWalker.  I just cringed when I heard Marshawn Lynch Lloyd talking deciding where he was going after all the "offers" were in because he was a middle schooler talking about what high school he would attend coming out of PA and not his college choices.  The paid highly compensated ( "financial aid" ) athletes is better for me at the college and higher level and not high school.  It's just a DayWalker thing perhaps.  Well that, and some private yoyos here who year in and year out attempt to marginalize the publics with their private poor to mediocre along would wax the publics best, or why won't the publics best play the privates, or why are the publics "afraid" to allow the privates into the MD PUBLIC Secondary School Championship, and yada yada yada.

So no OCD OBC, The DayWalker isn't anti-public but rather just showing the private circus barkers here what type of game they will in fact get as The DayWalker is a reflection of the publics and we do have game.  See, you say it would not shock you at all for Wise to beat CHC.  Folks in the know expect it and that's what the privates here just cannot stomach; that is, the thought that a public school could beat a private ( not luck up or do a freak thing and win ) and that make their heads implode.

And lil Zac need not turn Westlake around.  It's just that something in the public you are up and go all the way and others time you are up better some other public is better --- that Box of Chocolates you just never know what you'll get.  :o    Understand Coach.....  Now may I go look at the Ryken - Palotti game I just got an e-mail alert is in my inbox.  Let me see what the privates are up to rather than crossing mid-field taunting during warm-ups and others walking and refusing to play.

I completely agree. I really like watching his neighborhood match ups. I see the other side of it though with the education component when you're out of school that may not be doing as well academically.  That's just my opinion.

I do agree about all the financial aid and player announcements. I think it's getting out of hand. 

See I think a little differently. I am just thinking from the standpoint of preparation Calvert Hall has the edge. Wise has very good athletes coaches.  But this will be game three or four already for CH might be a little more game environment ready. CH has some good players as well but again if Wise takes the W don't think it is considered a surprise in the least.

just my opinion but as far as Westlake I do think there needs to be some restructuring. Seems like some of the discipline, work ethic & attention to detail slipped looks to me like Tony is bringing that back. 

I just don't see Calvert Hall beating Wise in PG County...

It seems several on here have switched tunes since December when some of these same posters were saying last year's more established state champion Wise team would have a battle with last place Loyola. Funny how times change, when the the hypothetical turns into actual fruition. Interesting. Guess its win-win. If Wise wins you can say I told you so. If they lose, you can say I told you back in December. Or another one of your handles can. Personally, I prefer people that stick with their convictions. Then again, I guess you can have a handful of posters all change their mind at the same time and flip on years of thoughts and posts that say otherwise. I suppose.

Edited by themamba

16 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Interesting, I brought up that exact freshman QB earlier in the year, and said that Gilman was hot after him and that I heard he was the truth, you told me that he wasn't all that and don't argue with you about youth players, because it's what you do! Now that he's at Spalding, he's now Montana? Hahahaha!! Damn Gooch, can you be any more transparent? 

I haven't seen him GA I just repeated what I was told they say he has a arm like Montana I'm hearing good things about MSJ freshman QB also but you know me when it comes to the young quarterbacks I judge them after they've been to the altar and them d lineman and linebackers put hands on them 😀 

9 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

I haven't seen him GA I just repeated what I was told they say he has a arm like Montana I'm hearing good things about MSJ freshman QB also but you know me when it comes to the young quarterbacks I judge them after they've been to the altar and them d lineman and linebackers put hands on them 😀 

Gooch

we would take any of those Qbs down here. 

Gooch, saying someone isn't all that is much different than calling a kid Montana a year later. As for having a better judgement after seeing them play tackle football, in high school, I think you follow most football watchers thinking. Obviously, its the prudent thing to do.

36 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

Ok, fair enough. 

3 hours ago, Tomslick said:

Prep keeps a good back and good line play on both sides of the ball. If Gilman has any athletes they can put in space they can beat Prep. But they have to be ready to take a punch in the mouth and punch back. Prep will line up and run a pro-style offense and some zone-read stuff their QB who is athletic.

Then Gilman will have trouble with them! GC ran some of this, and their QB killed them with his feet. GIlman's DL is good, but their major weakness is LB on defense. Their LB's are extremely slow laterally. 

Gilman without a doubt have the athletes to get in space. Question is, are the coaches going to put them in position to excel. Against GC, they ran almost exclusively up the middle. Made zero sense, since their line is very weak up the the middle. They also only ran Spanky twice on offense, ran their very very good ninth grader more, just was mind blowing. So until I see the coaches be able to make changes, I'm picking against them. 

1 hour ago, themamba said:

It seems several on here have switched tunes since December when some of these same posters were saying last year's more established state champion Wise team would have a battle with last place Loyola. Funny how times change, when the the hypothetical turns into actual fruition. Interesting. Guess its win-win. If Wise wins you can say I told you so. If they lose, you can say I told you back in December. Or another one of your handles can. Personally, I prefer people that stick with their convictions. Then again, I guess you can have a handful of posters all change their mind at the same time and flip on years of thoughts and posts that say otherwise. I suppose.

My prime take is I think Wise is a far more talented team than Calvert Hall.  It is NOT because Wise is a public team I happen to like more or that Calvert Hall is private I couldn't care less about.  I am assessing the teams on merit.  But some in here have buried their heads in a private pillow to say CHC will beat Wise merely because they cannot fathom a public school team like Wise beating any top tier private albeit the private top tier is DeMatha and Saint Frances right now and the rest are.....well, you finish my statement.

I'm only saying a Wise type-team that would include Damascus, Quince Orchard, Northwest, Fort Hill, and a host of others can play with and beat privates while your privateers say you can't be beaten.  CHC could beat Wise and Wise is expected to beat CHC.  Your lot (privates):  CHC cannot be beaten by Wise, period.  There is our difference and why I must draw first blood.  It's what we vamps do....

Edited by DayWalker

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Then Gilman will have trouble with them! GC ran some of this, and their QB killed them with his feet. GIlman's DL is good, but their major weakness is LB on defense. Their LB's are extremely slow laterally. 

Gilman without a doubt have the athletes to get in space. Question is, are the coaches going to put them in position to excel. Against GC, they ran almost exclusively up the middle. Made zero sense, since their line is very weak up the the middle. They also only ran Spanky twice on offense, ran their very very good ninth grader more, just was mind blowing. So until I see the coaches be able to make changes, I'm picking against them. 

You guys do a live broadcast right? I think this is an interesting match up and dont want to miss it. 

34 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

You guys do a live broadcast right? I think this is an interesting match up and dont want to miss it. 

Yeah, since it's at Gilman there will be a live broadcast. 

9 hours ago, Falcon10 said:

Gooch

what was Woodens injury? Is he out for the entire year? That is disaster for Calvert Hall

Don't know the specifics I'm hearing broken leg and yes he's done for the year 

Just got word that SFA-IMG game is cancelled because of the hurricane. Was looking forward to seeing this game, hopefully they reschedule. 

24 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Just got word that SFA-IMG game is cancelled because of the hurricane. Was looking forward to seeing this game, hopefully they reschedule. 

Don't know that they can tbh. No common open dates. Probably won't be safe to play Monday either. I'm a couple hours south of Bradenton and Florida lifers are treating this one like the real deal.

55 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

Don't know that they can tbh. No common open dates. Probably won't be safe to play Monday either. I'm a couple hours south of Bradenton and Florida lifers are treating this one like the real deal.

That's what I'm hearing from people I've talked to down there. Be safe my friend, and get the hell out of there. 

57 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

Hope all works out EA

36 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

That's what I'm hearing from people I've talked to down there. Be safe my friend, and get the hell out of there. 

34 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Hope all works out EA

Thanks guys! I'm leaving tomorrow. Not taking any chances.

Luckily I've only been down here a couple months so I'm renting right now while I look at homes. Would have been some kind of bad luck to buy a home in July and have a Category 5 come through in September.

Edited by eaglesinsider

Does anyone know if Wise streams home games.  Can't make the game and my Hudl privileges were revoked.  Lol!