Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JustMyThought

State Poll - Week 1

26 posts in this topic

Maryland High School Football Media State Poll

FREDERICK -- The Maryland High School Football State Poll, in its 28th year, is based on a statewide voting by sports reporters. Schools are ranked by points received. The number in parenthesis reflects first-place votes. LW is last week’s ranking. The rankings are compiled by Sheldon Shealer.

Rank, School, Record, Points, LW

1. St. Frances (6), 2-0, 294, 1
2. DeMatha (5), 1-1, 290, 2
3. Wise (1), 1-0, 277, 3
4. McDonogh, 1-0, 262, 4
5. Archbishop Spalding, 1-0, 253, 5
6. Damascus, 1-0, 240, 6
7. Good Counsel, 1-0, 224, 7
8. Quince Orchard, 1-0, 213, 8
9. Walkersville, 1-0, 203, 10
10. Franklin, 1-0, 178, 12
11. Calvert Hall, 2-0, 172, 13
12. Northwest, 1-0, 170, 11
13. North Point, 1-0, 159, 17
14. Fort Hill, 1-0, 134, 14
15. Georgetown Prep, 1-0, 125, 15
16. Sherwood, 1-0, 105, 18
17. Howard, 1-0, 97, 19
18. Bullis, 1-0, 95, 20
19. Linganore, 1-0, 86, 21
20. Riverdale Baptist, 2-0, 59, 23
21. Broadneck, 1-0, 53, 25
22. St. Mary’s Ryken, 2-0, 51, NR
23. Seneca Valley, 1-0, 47, 22
24. Chopticon, 1-0, 35, NR
25. Tuscarora, 1-0, 25, NR

Others Receiving Votes: Oxon Hill (0-1, 19 points), Mount St. Joseph (1-1, 10), Westminster (1-0, 9), Lackey (1-0, 5), Allegany (1-0, 3), North Caroline (1-0, 3), St. James (1-0, 2), Eleanor Roosevelt (1-0, 1), Old Mill (0-1, 1).

24 minutes ago, JustMyThought said:

Maryland High School Football Media State Poll

FREDERICK -- The Maryland High School Football State Poll, in its 28th year, is based on a statewide voting by sports reporters. Schools are ranked by points received. The number in parenthesis reflects first-place votes. LW is last week’s ranking. The rankings are compiled by Sheldon Shealer.

Rank, School, Record, Points, LW

1. St. Frances (6), 2-0, 294, 1
2. DeMatha (5), 1-1, 290, 2
3. Wise (1), 1-0, 277, 3
4. McDonogh, 1-0, 262, 4
5. Archbishop Spalding, 1-0, 253, 5
6. Damascus, 1-0, 240, 6
7. Good Counsel, 1-0, 224, 7
8. Quince Orchard, 1-0, 213, 8
9. Walkersville, 1-0, 203, 10
10. Franklin, 1-0, 178, 12
11. Calvert Hall, 2-0, 172, 13
12. Northwest, 1-0, 170, 11
13. North Point, 1-0, 159, 17
14. Fort Hill, 1-0, 134, 14
15. Georgetown Prep, 1-0, 125, 15
16. Sherwood, 1-0, 105, 18
17. Howard, 1-0, 97, 19
18. Bullis, 1-0, 95, 20
19. Linganore, 1-0, 86, 21
20. Riverdale Baptist, 2-0, 59, 23
21. Broadneck, 1-0, 53, 25
22. St. Mary’s Ryken, 2-0, 51, NR
23. Seneca Valley, 1-0, 47, 22
24. Chopticon, 1-0, 35, NR
25. Tuscarora, 1-0, 25, NR

Others Receiving Votes: Oxon Hill (0-1, 19 points), Mount St. Joseph (1-1, 10), Westminster (1-0, 9), Lackey (1-0, 5), Allegany (1-0, 3), North Caroline (1-0, 3), St. James (1-0, 2), Eleanor Roosevelt (1-0, 1), Old Mill (0-1, 1).

Personally, I'm not jumping DM with SFA, but I can understand it. They beat a very talented 0-2 team with a national name. I could see how that could affect an impressionable pollster. The problem would be if SFA loses to IMG. Do they jump DM over SFA? It would look silly. 

At this point, I'm throwing SMR in the top 15. They have two solid wins over an MIAA-A and the MIAA-B champion. 

North Point looks better than #13 to me.

Can't wait for CHC vs Wise, Bullis vs QO, and GC vs NW. I wish Damascus mixed it up with a private this season. Maybe next year.

19 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Personally, I'm not jumping DM with SFA, but I can understand it. They beat a very talented 0-2 team with a national name. I could see how that could affect an impressionable pollster. The problem would be if SFA loses to IMG. Do they jump DM over SFA? It would look silly. 

At this point, I'm throwing SMR in the top 15. They have two solid wins over an MIAA-A and the MIAA-B champion. 

North Point looks better than #13 to me.

Can't wait for CHC vs Wise, Bullis vs QO, and GC vs NW. I wish Damascus mixed it up with a private this season. Maybe next year.

Ryken isn't Top 15, yet. Neither win is impressive. MSJ is very very young, and Ryken let them back into the game. And can we stop with his Palotti stuff. They're a B Conference team that lost a bunch of their best players. Ryken has plenty of time to show if they're for real, but not because of these two victories.  

1 hour ago, Silverbullet said:

Why can't you wait!!!!  The rest of us can and quite easily.  You still looking for validation thru the hoodies or what Sniper??  To Wise and to Quince Orchard and to Northwest and even to Damascus, if they were in your mixed up, these would just be games they want a win in the stepping stone toward states, the ultimate goal, much like Linganore's win over Curley is just a win toward states.  Hey, are you in a can't wait state with Roosevelt and Palotti this coming weekend????  Ego - validation - and things like a need to be fulfilled By Any Means Necessary or to get something you otherwise cannot have on merit is NOT a public thing Sniper.  How much and how often must The DayWalker school you and yours on these finer points of public life....  CD CC -- Class Dismissed Chevy Chase   B)

Edited by DayWalker

21 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Ryken isn't Top 15, yet. Neither win is impressive. MSJ is very very young, and Ryken let them back into the game. And can we stop with his Palotti stuff. They're a B Conference team that lost a bunch of their best players. Ryken has plenty of time to show if they're for real, but not because of these two victories.  

Tell us GA, is your opinions of Ryken and/or Palotti based upon box scores, news accounts, or Have You Seen either or both of Them Play??  Now where is that rollin' my eyes emoji....oh, there it is:   :rolleyes:

Palottis terrible they were a one trick pony and now it's back to reality . I have to agree with DW Wise will beat CHC QO can beat Bullis and Northwest can definitely win against GC the public and private margins are very slim right now from what I've seen so far 

The bigger issue I address is that ALL these teams can WIN or they can LOSE.  Some here think they CANNOT lose to another segment that the other segment cannot beat them.  This is sports and WHY THEY PLAY THE freakin; GAME!!!  Anyone can be beaten and anyone can win.  There is no such thing in The DayWalker's opinion as margin between publics and private.  It's more about the differences between particular teams and how they match up.  It is so wrong to look at or consider a so-called margin and for example only put forth your MIAA-A conference and ignore "Those Of  Which You Not Speak", your other conferences.  What do you think the marginal difference would be between the so-called lower public 1A champs Fort Hill and the MIAA-C 2016 best Saint John's Catholic Prep or was it Annapolis Area Catholic....

Edited by DayWalker

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

Why can't you wait!!!!  The rest of us can and quite easily.  You still looking for validation thru the hoodies or what Sniper??  To Wise and to Quince Orchard and to Northwest and even to Damascus, if they were in your mixed up, these would just be games they want a win in the stepping stone toward states, the ultimate goal, much like Linganore's win over Curley is just a win toward states.  Hey, are you in a can't wait state with Roosevelt and Palotti this coming weekend????  Ego - validation - and things like a need to be fulfilled By Any Means Necessary or to get something you otherwise cannot have on merit is NOT a public thing Sniper.  How much and how often must The DayWalker school you and yours on these finer points of public life....  CD CC -- Class Dismissed Chevy Chase   B)

The Bullis game vs QO will be a tough one for Bullis. They left 20+ points on the field vs ABC and that needs to be cleaned up. If they miss those opportunities vs QO they will lose. Should have been at least 50 points put up on ABC. 

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

Why can't I wait? Because I think they'll be good games between teams in leagues that never play each other. That's all. Drop the paranoia. 

Anyway, you keep responding to people that you know have you blocked. How about you venmo me a dollar per message and I'll make sure that it gets to them. Because right now, you're fulfilling the definition of insanity. Deal?

1 hour ago, GOOCH said:

Palottis terrible they were a one trick pony and now it's back to reality . I have to agree with DW Wise will beat CHC QO can beat Bullis and Northwest can definitely win against GC the public and private margins are very slim right now from what I've seen so far 

Slim between the top privates(DM, SFA, McDonogh, Spalding, etc...) and the top publics(Wise, NW, QO, etc...)? I've got MD's top 5 privates sweeping the top 5 public pretty easily. 

Let's just use this poll for the line up...

SFA vs Wise

DM vs Damascus 

McDonogh vs Quince Orchard 

Spalding vs Walkersville

Good Counsel vs Franklin 

How do you see that going? Franklin probably has the best chance against GC.

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Fair enough. I like what's going on down at SMR though. If Brady can bring in talent, watch out. 

Looks like your guy Hill now has the nod for the rest of the season at QB with UMD. Piggy is out for the season. How do you think he'll do?

1 minute ago, Silverbullet said:

Fair enough. I like what's going on down at SMR though. If Brady can bring in talent, watch out. 

Looks like your guy Hill now has the nod for the rest of the season at QB with UMD. Piggy is out for the season. How do you think he'll do?

I think this is the best thing to happen to Maryland. Kasim is a baller, and gives them more options than Piggy. He's ready, I look forward to seeing what he does this season. And we still consider him a Gilman kid, he was there for 4 years. We will ignore that gap year he took at SJC. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

21 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

The Bullis game vs QO will be a tough one for Bullis. They left 20+ points on the field vs ABC and that needs to be cleaned up. If they miss those opportunities vs QO they will lose. Should have been at least 50 points put up on ABC. 

Bullis should win, but I think it'll be close. Great atmosphere.

Were those 20 points from ABC against Bullis' starting line up? I feel like Bullis doesn't have the depth to put the 2's in and keep a shut out. 

2 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I think this is the best thing to happen to Maryland. Kasim is a baller, and gives them more options than Piggy. He's ready, I look forward to seeing what he does this season. And we still consider him a Gilman kid, he was there for 4 years. We will ignore that gap year he took at SJC. 

WCAC grad IMO...

1 minute ago, Silverbullet said:

WCAC grad IMO...

He is a WCAC grad, that's not debatable. 

22 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

LOL, not mad at that...Dm will always claim someone like quinn cook(dematha camps as a youngin thru 11th)..

19 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Why can't I wait? Because I think they'll be good games between teams in leagues that never play each other. That's all. Drop the paranoia. 

Anyway, you keep responding to people that you know have you blocked. How about you venmo me a dollar per message and I'll make sure that it gets to them. Because right now, you're fulfilling the definition of insanity. Deal?

Ohhhhhhhhh, you mean good game because they never play each other like Linganore and Curely....gotcha.  I would think good game because the teams are evenly matched harsh competitors or they have take no prisoners coaches on both sides or some other Rudy Rudy Rudy hackneyed football chant.  But no, you have these as good games because they don't typically play each other.  Okay DeMwit.

Regarding responding to people who have me blocked, this is a public message board for ALL to take in responses, even You.  You should know by now that The DayWalker addresses ALL.  No message I post in meant exclusively for one I happen to quote.  So if you wish to make some extra dollars, do so like you were doing before in big pimpin' dem beaches; that is, before the value dropped on your beaches after Gorman banged them.  Besides, in the words of his hindpotness AO, he said something like if you really think GA has you DW on complete ignore, you are not as bright as we think.  But in reality, do you really really really think The DayWalker cares about who Can't Handle The Truth or my shape tongue and clicks ignore, really!!!  As I always say.....Come Walk With Me, if you dare!  :P

36 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Slim between the top privates(DM, SFA, McDonogh, Spalding, etc...) and the top publics(Wise, NW, QO, etc...)? I've got MD's top 5 privates sweeping the top 5 public pretty easily. 

SFA vs Wise

DM vs Damascus 

Spalding vs Walkersville

Good Counsel vs Franklin 

:D  The validation again I see.....  What you can't get on merit, by your own works, you makeup LMM  (Local Mythical Matchups, a distant cousin of MNC) that just ain't happening in hopes of proving what!!!!  Games are won on the field, not I think posts.  One hundred folks can come up with 101 outcome opinions but there is little doubt when the game is played.  So take your silly @zz poll ( opinions ) and your sillier @zz match-ups and deep dem it.....  The DayWalker's assessments are determined by teams and their play on the field like I thought Dunbar would blow Allegany off the map but Allegany last Friday handed me that Box of Chocolates......just the way I like it.  :P

18 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Ohhhhhhhhh, you mean good game because they never play each other like Linganore and Curely....gotcha.  I would think good game because the teams are evenly matched harsh competitors or they have take no prisoners coaches on both sides or some other Rudy Rudy Rudy hackneyed football chant.  But no, you have these as good games because they don't typically play each other.  Okay DeMwit.

Regarding responding to people who have me blocked, this is a public message board for ALL to take in responses, even You.  You should know by now that The DayWalker addresses ALL.  No message I post in meant exclusively for one I happen to quote.  So if you wish to make some extra dollars, do so like you were doing before in big pimpin' dem beaches; that is, before the value dropped on your beaches after Gorman banged them.  Besides, in the words of his hindpotness AO, he said something like if you really think GA has you DW on complete ignore, you are not as bright as we think.  But in reality, do you really really really think The DayWalker cares about who Can't Handle The Truth or my shape tongue and clicks ignore, really!!!  As I always say.....Come Walk With Me, if you dare!  :P

None of that jibberish made any sense at all. Venmo offer is still on the table...

Edited by Silverbullet

46 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

You do mean time at Gilman lower school and not 4-years at Gilman High, correct?  Don't tell me he was yet another reclass or worse a 5th-year high schooler!!!!!  But oh, we are talking about a college player now in this high school board....

50 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Were those 20 points from ABC against Bullis' starting line up? I feel like Bullis doesn't have the depth to put the 2's in and keep a shut out. 

I suspect Bullis is favored but The Dome could negate the slight edge.

And are you questioning what happened in the Bullis - ABC game because you haven't seen it?  Care to or almost any other game?  Just ask wink wink, right OBC.  :D

Let me see what SMR-SVP did last weekend.....

54 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

He is a WCAC grad, that's not debatable. 

I say his diploma doesn't say WCAC but Saint John's but that's just me stressing the fine points, what a vamp does.

1 hour ago, Silverbullet said:

SFA vs Wise

DM vs Damascus 

Spalding vs Walkersville

Good Counsel vs Franklin 

Can't argue that if you put the matchups like that but it's high school football any given Friday or Saturday 

3 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

Should have been 40-0 at the half. They played several freshman in the second half. Also played the back up QB and their starting RB didnt play one snap.

QO has RB who is pretty good thats a handful. He trained all offseason up Bullis with the kids and that should be fun to watch. 

Edited by Tomslick