Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob

Austin Hays promoted to O's

49 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

I respectfully disagree with both of you. I like Smith and he adds a different dimension to the team. And Gentry has the speed and he was getting good contact recently. His batting average for August was .371 and OBP was an amazing .436. He started out in a deep hole and now has a decent .256 batting average (.333 OBP) overall. Before June he was only batting .162 BA/.250 OBP.

I'm also still not completely sold on Santander. I think he needs a year of Spring Training in order to develop. Had he not been injured I'm sure he would have gotten his ABs this season and we would have known - one way or another - what he could do. But now the Orioles need experience and he just does not provide that.

Hmmm...those are strong Aug numbers for Gentry. And I'm a believer in playing the hot hand. Smith, has the nice OBP, but he just doesn't seem to move the dial all that much.   

I agree that Gentry caught fire and was helping the team. 

Seth Smith is just an average ballplayer.

Bowie is losing ...Hays, as I said would happen, hasn't started a single game.

My local Frozen Yogurt store is run better than this organization. It is awful.

Starting pitching is awful year after year. People leave and succeed and the local media say it is bad luck. Unbelievable.

This team does not belong in the playoffs. Same crap is going to happen next year unless they blow it up. Team won't have a realistic shot at a championship until the owner stops meddling, Duquette can hire the appropriate scouts to evaluate starting pitching (he won't be here) and we have a good manager again (Buck has flaws, but is still a great manager minus the Ubaldo and Britton fiasco last wildcard game).

Just watching this team is a joke. It's maddening. And the Baysox had a good team...and they recall him to let him sit on the bench? Screw you Orioles.

12 hours ago, dshawg1 said:

Bowie is losing ...Hays, as I said would happen, hasn't started a single game.

My local Frozen Yogurt store is run better than this organization. It is awful.

Starting pitching is awful year after year. People leave and succeed and the local media say it is bad luck. Unbelievable.

This team does not belong in the playoffs. Same crap is going to happen next year unless they blow it up. Team won't have a realistic shot at a championship until the owner stops meddling, Duquette can hire the appropriate scouts to evaluate starting pitching (he won't be here) and we have a good manager again (Buck has flaws, but is still a great manager minus the Ubaldo and Britton fiasco last wildcard game).

Just watching this team is a joke. It's maddening. And the Baysox had a good team...and they recall him to let him sit on the bench? Screw you Orioles.

Same thing with Santander. The game we lost 9-1, we had scored a run to make it 6-1, had 2 runners on and 2 outs in the bottom of the 6th with a full bench of power hitters, and Buck let Seth Smith bat anyway. He promptly struck out. Threat over. If you pinch hit with, I don't know, say Pedro Alvarez.... one swing and it's 6-4 and you're back in the game.

Buck has turned into a real bonehead.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:00 AM, Rob said:

Same thing with Santander. The game we lost 9-1, we had scored a run to make it 6-1, had 2 runners on and 2 outs in the bottom of the 6th with a full bench of power hitters, and Buck let Seth Smith bat anyway. He promptly struck out. Threat over. If you pinch hit with, I don't know, say Pedro Alvarez.... one swing and it's 6-4 and you're back in the game.

Buck has turned into a real bonehead.

And of course nobody from local media raises questions about these moves. Santander just sits (he was red hot, played 2 games). Hays is recalled and sits for 2 days, starts 1 game and meanwhile Bowie loses the playoffs as a result (or will).

The Orioles are a dysfunctional organization. No excuse for this. They should have let Hays alone or at least until after the playoffs.

This really burns me up.

4 hours ago, dshawg1 said:

And of course nobody from local media raises questions about these moves. Santander just sits (he was red hot, played 2 games). Hays is recalled and sits for 2 days, starts 1 game and meanwhile Bowie loses the playoffs as a result (or will).

The Orioles are a dysfunctional organization. No excuse for this. They should have let Hays alone or at least until after the playoffs.

This really burns me up.

Agree.  Burning 2 40 man spots on Hays and Alvarez is beyond stupid.  DFA two young LH arms in Aquino and Faulkner.  

I know I keep harping on this...but again...he was recalled to start one game. ONE game!

It isn't a deal breaker that the Bowie Baysox were left hung out to dry..it just shows the lack of planning and thoughtfulness behind things in this organization.

3 hours ago, dshawg1 said:

I know I keep harping on this...but again...he was recalled to start one game. ONE game!

It isn't a deal breaker that the Bowie Baysox were left hung out to dry..it just shows the lack of planning and thoughtfulness behind things in this organization.

I know right I mean Buck and Dan should have known Gentry was going to break his finger 

lack of foresight 

4 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

I know right I mean Buck and Dan should have known Gentry was going to break his finger 

lack of foresight 

Just like everything else, they were too cheap to buy a crystal ball.

14 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

lack of foresight 

What are you talking about?

Gentry got hurt and they recalled Hays. Hays has played 1 game. ONE game! are you just trolling or trying to make a solid point here?

10 minutes ago, dshawg1 said:

What are you talking about?

Gentry got hurt and they recalled Hays. Hays has played 1 game. ONE game! are you just trolling or trying to make a solid point here?

They wouldn’t have recalled Hayes if Gentry hadn’t gotten hurt 

think the point was pretty solid 

22 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Just like everything else, they were too cheap to buy a crystal ball.

Should be at the front on the off-season shopping list 

then again we’d buy a dented one that needs batteries

7 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

They wouldn’t have recalled Hayes if Gentry hadn’t gotten hurt 

think the point was pretty solid 

I understand that point. Do you understand my point? They recalled him...

and played him

ONE game.

Just now, dshawg1 said:

I understand that point. Do you understand my point? They recalled him...

and played him

ONE game.

Did you expect him to start over Trey,Jones or Joey?

At the time I believe we were a game out and needed some depth 

now we look like 💩 so playing him instead of one of these sorry *** nuggets makes sense 

still love ya though 😀

4 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Did you expect him to start over Trey,Jones or Joey?

At the time I believe we were a game out and needed some depth 

now we look like 💩 so playing him instead of one of these sorry *** nuggets makes sense 

still love ya though 😀

oh my, lol, I don't get you LOL

okay-thanks for the apology.

So you honestly believe recalling him to play him 1 game was worth it? It impacted the Baysox playoffs. It was just terrible decision making.

1 minute ago, dshawg1 said:

oh my, lol, I don't get you LOL

okay-thanks for the apology.

So you honestly believe recalling him to play him 1 game was worth it? It impacted the Baysox playoffs. It was just terrible decision making.

Honestly the only thing I care about in Bowie is that a guy is ready to perform in Baltimore. The wins or losses at the minor league level mean nothing to me 

From what you and Bowie-Bruce had been posting I would rather see him instead Joey but we all know a Buck ain’t having that 

3 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Honestly the only thing I care about in Bowie is that a guy is ready to perform in Baltimore. The wins or losses at the minor league level mean nothing to me 

From what you and Bowie-Bruce had been posting I would rather see him instead Joey but we all know a Buck ain’t having that 

See-exactly. We agree there. You are right. Hays should be playing over Rickhard. That's on Buck....

19 minutes ago, dshawg1 said:

See-exactly. We agree there. You are right. Hays should be playing over Rickhard. That's on Buck....

We continue to get bucked

No pine tar just straight wood 

Speaking of pine tar, has anyone noticed how high up the bat some players have the pine tar? Manny's for instance is up the barrel 3/4 covering the label. 

Edited by Rob

27 minutes ago, Rob said:

Speaking of pine tar, has anyone noticed how high up the bat some players have the pine tar? Manny's for instance is up the barrel 3/4 covering the label. 

Over compensating 

Wow-Hays has looked impressive. Makes total sense why Buck played him 1 game in the first week upon recall. My goodness this franchise is lost...

So in 2018, do you start Hays in CF and move Adam to RF?

1 hour ago, Rob said:

So in 2018, do you start Hays in CF and move Adam to RF?

To be honest Rob, with the Orioles fading and the Nats (who I also follow since I live in DC) and football starting....I haven't seen as much of him in CF. Mullings played CF in Bowie most of the time. How does he look in CF?

My guess is Mullings starts in Bowie again and if he gets off to a hot start, goes to Norfolk (Mullings had some injuries and struggled in second half but looks legit). My guess is the first rounder Stewart starts in Norfolk because of his hot finish (I am honestly shocked he came on so strong-good to see though).

Yaz might get lost in the rule 5 if not protected also (he doesn't project as a starter however).

Seth Smith is definitely gone. My guess is they try to trade Trumbo....good luck. Santander I think will provide a lot of offense if they actually play him...