Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleedingorangeandblack

9/5 Back To School vs Yanks

78 posts in this topic

Just now, BayAreaBmore said:

Damn missed it!! Can't believe they pulled this one out. Great comeback W 

And you know what set the stage for the W? Beckham's patience at the plate and the walk he drew before Manny clocked it.

8 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

And you know what set the stage for the W? Beckham's patience at the plate and the walk he drew before Manny clocked it.

Beckham has been unbelievable.  Finally a guy comes to the O's and blossoms instead of the other way around. 

Just hope this is who he really is and he keeps it up 

2 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Beckham has been unbelievable.  Finally a guy comes to the O's and blossoms instead of the other way around. 

He looks solid. And fast. And not flawless in the field, but who cares? He'll make up for it with his bat and base running.

And speaking of base running...I've rarely seen a center fielder who can cover as much ground as Jones who is basically a non-factor on the bases. Strange, no?

Enormous game tomorrow. If they win they're really in business. Lose and they're back to treading water 

In other news Miranda pitched 6 no hit innings vs the Astros in a tough loss.  Still infuriated about that trade. Makes ZERO sense.  

55 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

He looks solid. And fast. And not flawless in the field, but who cares? He'll make up for it with his bat and base running.

That is what is great about machado at third. A short stop can shade toward 2nd base because manny covers so much ground.

beyond that. This is a team that prides itself on defense. An off season working with brady and a full spring with the O's and Beckham will be a better defensive short.

machado, beckham, schoop, and davis is arguably the best overall infield in 2018

Jumping jesus. Machado has been great but since the beginning of august we have seen what he can become. He can put a team on his back and carry us into the post season

4 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Jumping jesus. Machado has been great but since the beginning of august we have seen what he can become. He can put a team on his back and carry us into the post season

If only he could play QB.

;)

6 hours ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Hellickson's ERA this year before the trade... 4.73.  His ERA with Baltimore, 6.87.  It's a little creepy.

9 hours ago, Rob said:

We are who we thought we were!

And just who are we?

7 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

You know...all you nervous Nellie/THE SKY IS FALLING types...you need to get with the program. Look, it's simple. ALL the O's have to do is score like...oh, I don't know...15 runs a game, and they could go all the way.

(You heard it here first!!)

:D

In my years of coaching I've discovered the trick to winning: score more runs than your opponent. :P

45 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

Hellickson's ERA this year before the trade... 4.73.  His ERA with Baltimore, 6.87.  It's a little creepy.

Not to excuse him, OPACY is not a pitcher's park and it's also not the National League. The Orioles should try to find as many ground ball pitchers they can. Pitchers that have higher fly ball rates tend not to do well in Baltimore.

1 hour ago, ncbirdfan said:

In my years of coaching I've discovered the trick to winning: score more runs than your opponent. :P

Well...all I can say is GOD HELP ME IF THE O'S MAKE IT TO THE POST SEASON AND I HAVE TO EAT HUMBLE PIE IN FRONT OF NCBIRDFAN!

;)

(Which, of course, I would, because I have no problem manning up when I'm wrong and someone else is right. In fact, that very thing happened back in '07 and I walked right up to the guy and said: "Yeah. Even a broken clock is right twice a day".)

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Nice W 

Fell asleep heard it in the background and thought i was dreaming 

No dude. You weren't dreaming at all. I saw three blondes come in to see you but you didn't respond so they left.

21 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

No dude. You weren't dreaming at all. I saw three blondes come in to see you but you didn't respond so they left.

Story of my life lol

Yeah great win  and uj looks to be buried in pen finally. The dark cloud is the starting pitching is collapsing again. Hellickson and Tillman just awful right now. We get rid of uj to pen and hellickson jumps right in as the bum of the day.  I'd really like to see ynoa start in place of Tillman if you have to keep Castro in pen.tilly has an era of over 9 in 4 starts since Aug 1. Earth to buck. Tilly getting worse not better!!!  Yeah we didn't need no stinking miggy at the xeadline. We like our guys! Lol!

We would be lucky if the game gets rained out tonight after blowing through the bullpen the last 2 days. Maybe the baseball gods are shining down on us because tomorrow is an off day for us and the Yankees.

2 minutes ago, 85Knight said:

We would be lucky if the game gets rained out tonight after blowing through the bullpen the last 2 days. Maybe the baseball gods are shining down on us because tomorrow is an off day for us and the Yankees.

That’s my hope although I was thinking of checking out Hayes tonight

What a win! Thank you Manny!

BTW, tonight's game postponed. Will be played tomorrow at 1:35.

6 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Well...all I can say is GOD HELP ME IF THE O'S MAKE IT TO THE POST SEASON AND I HAVE TO EAT HUMBLE PIE IN FRONT OF NCBIRDFAN!

;)

(Which, of course, I would, because I have no problem manning up when I'm wrong and someone else is right. In fact, that very thing happened back in '07 and I walked right up to the guy and said: "Yeah. Even a broken clock is right twice a day".)

There will be no humble pie to eat. We are all Orioles fans. None of us are Nostradamus. Common wisdom says that the Orioles cannot win with such horrid starting pitching, but somehow they are in the hunt for a playoff spot. I guess that's why they play the game.

50 minutes ago, Rob said:

That's good to know. Maybe I can get to bed at a decent time tonight.

Just now, ncbirdfan said:

There will be no humble pie to eat. We are all Orioles fans. None of us are Nostradamus. Common wisdom says that the Orioles cannot win with such horrid starting pitching, but somehow they are in the hunt for a playoff spot. I guess that's why they play the game.

Oh, there will be humble pie to eat, mister. No doubt about it. Humble pie all around for all the negative Nancies! Oh yeah. Pie Pie Pie!!

;)

52 minutes ago, Rob said:

I bet if it were up in NY it wouldn't be postponed. But thanks.