Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cprenegade

2017 predictions

52 posts in this topic

Time to put the money where the mouth is.  I had 3/4 of the final 4 last year, but totally missed Atlanta as I didn't even have them making the playoffs.  I don't know how that will work out again as I have the same 4 teams going to the final 4.  I really don't want that, but I don't see where a whole lot has changed in terms of the haves and have nots in the league.  New England, Green Bay, Pittsburgh and Seattle still look like the best in the league, while the NY Jets, San Francisco, and Cleveland still look like the worst in the league.  This years new entries in the playoffs: Tennessee, Baltimore, and TB.  Those falling out:  Houston, Miami, and Detroit.  

 

AFC East - New England

AFC North - Pittsburgh

AFC South - Tennessee

AFC West - Kansas City

WC - Oakland, Baltimore

 

NFC East - NY Giants

NFC North - Green Bay

NFC South - Atlanta

NFC West - Seattle

WC - Tampa Bay, Dallas

 

AFCC - NE, Pit

NFCC - Green Bay, Sea

SB - NE, Sea         

SB winner   NE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFC East - New England

AFC North - Pittsburgh

AFC South - Houston

AFC West - Oakland

WC - KC,Cincy

 

NFC East - Dallas 

NFC North - Green Bay

NFC South - Atlanta

NFC West - Seattle

WC - Tampa Bay, Carolina

 

AFCC - NE, Oak

NFCC - Green Bay, Dallas 

SB - NE, Dallas         

SB winner   Dallas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

AFC East - New England

AFC North - Pittsburgh

AFC South - Houston

AFC West - Oakland

WC - KC,Cincy

 

NFC East - Dallas 

NFC North - Green Bay

NFC South - Atlanta

NFC West - Seattle

WC - Tampa Bay, Carolina

 

AFCC - NE, Oak

NFCC - Green Bay, Dallas 

SB - NE, Dallas         

SB winner   Dallas 

OK. Now that made me laugh.

:D

(I can hear the mantra now: "DO IT FOR ZEKE, GUYS. LET'S DO IT FOR ZEKE!!!" Okay, Jerry. It's time for your medications.)

;)

(Oh, and as for the actual topic...I gotta think long and hard about this one. But DALLAS to win the SUPER BOWL? OK, Donte. You wanna bet?)

BET! BET! BET! BET! BET! BET! BET! BET!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK. Here we go:

AFC East - New England

AFC North - Pittsburgh

AFC South - Tennessee

AFC West - Oakland

WC - Kansas City, Denver

 

NFC East - NY Giants

NFC North - Green Bay

NFC South - Atlanta

NFC West - Seattle

WC - Lions, Dallas

 

AFCC - NE, Pit

NFCC - Atlanta, Sea

SB - NE, Atlanta        

SB winner   Atlanta (PAYBACK, BABY!!!)

We'll see. At this point it's all chits and giggles/pure speculation. So many things can and do happen over the course of an NFL season. However, a few things are for sure. There are clearly haves and have nots in the NFL. Not a whole lot has changed between 2016 and 2017 league-wide. And the Ravens are clearly not in the "haves" group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFCE - New England (duh)
AFCN - Pittsburgh
AFCS - Jacksonville (Yeah, I went there)
AFCW - Oakland
WC - Kansas City, Denver

NFCE - Dallas
NFCN - Green Bay
NFCS - Atlanta
NFCW - Seattle
WC - Washington, Minnesota

AFCC - NE/Oakland
NFCC - Atlanta/Seattle

SB - Oakland/Atlanta

Champs - Oakland

 

(I'm either gonna look like a genius or really stupid)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thirteen said:

AFCE - New England (duh)
AFCN - Pittsburgh
AFCS - Jacksonville (Yeah, I went there)
AFCW - Oakland
WC - Kansas City, Denver

NFCE - Dallas
NFCN - Green Bay
NFCS - Atlanta
NFCW - Seattle
WC - Washington, Minnesota

AFCC - NE/Oakland
NFCC - Atlanta/Seattle

SB - Oakland/Atlanta

Champs - Oakland

 

(I'm either gonna look like a genius or really stupid)

No respect for the G-men, eh? Not even a WC spot. Interesting. Putting the 'Skins ahead of Eli and the G-men. I don't know about that one...

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFC East - New England

AFC North - Pittsburgh

AFC South - Tennessee

AFC West - Oakland

WC - Houston, Cinny

 

NFC East - NY Giants

NFC North - Green Bay

NFC South - Atlanta

NFC West - Seattle

WC - Tampa Bay, Dallas

 

AFCC - NE, Oakland

NFCC - Giants, Sea

SB - NE Giants         

SB winner   Eli goes 3-0 vs. Brady in SB's

 

FYI- Ravens 7-9

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man. Did I really pick KC as a WC? They look like Swiss cheese out there against NE. Somebody wake up Andy Reid and tell him the regular season has started. He's usually good for a nice gaudy regular season before folding like a Walmart lawn chair in the post season. C'mon, BIG GUY. Batten down those hatches man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, this changes slightly after last night for me.

AFCE - New England (NE, MIAMI, BUF, NYJ)

AFCN - Pittsburgh (PITT, BAL, CINCY, CLEV)

AFCS - Tennessee (TENN, HOUSTON, INDY, JAX)

AFCW - Oakland (OAK, KC, DEN, LAC)

WC - Baltimore, Kansas City

NFCE - New York (NYG, DAL, WASH, PHIL)

NFCN - Green Bay (GB, DET, MIN, CHI)

NFCS - Tampa Bay (TB, ATL, CAR, NO)

NFCW - Seattle (SEA, ARI, LAR, SF)

WC - Atlanta, Dallas

AFCC - Oakland, Pittsburgh

NFCC - Green Bay, Seattle

SB - Seattle, Oakland

 

Edited by alienrace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFCE - Patriots        NFCE - Eagles

AFCN - Steelers       NFCN - Vikings

AFCS - Titans          NFCS -  Panthers

AFCW - Raiders      NFCW - Cardinals

AFCWC Chiefs V Jags

NFCWC  Cowboys v Falcons

AFC -  Steelers v Raiders

NFC - Eagles v Vikings

SB Steelers v Eagles

2017 SB Champions -Eagles

I'll close with my view of pre-season predictions as being foolish and fool hardy.:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

AFCE - Patriots        NFCE - Eagles

AFCN - Steelers       NFCN - Vikings

AFCS - Titans          NFCS -  Panthers

AFCW - Raiders      NFCW - Cardinals

AFCWC Chiefs V Jags

NFCWC  Cowboys v Falcons

AFC -  Steelers v Raiders

NFC - Eagles v Vikings

SB Steelers v Eagles

2017 SB Champions -Eagles

I'll close with my view of pre-season predictions as being foolish and fool hardy.:P

So, Mr. D. You're givin no love at all to the Seahawks. I think I might have made a mistake leaving out the Cards as a WC team. But you're not even giving Carroll a WC slot. Interesting.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

So, Mr. D. You're givin no love at all to the Seahawks. I think I might have made a mistake leaving out the Cards as a WC team. But you're not even giving Carroll a WC slot. Interesting.

:)

It was a close call. But I used a system and stuck to it even if the pick looked silly. Which brings me back to my theory on picks before a snap is taken being folly. Same as going through the schedule and picking wins and losses. I hear guys saying "that a W, that's a W, that's an L as they look at the schedule . And I laugh and laugh and laugh, catch my breath and laugh some more.:lol: It is fun though. I get it.;)

Edited by mrdeltoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrdeltoid said:

It was a close call. But I used a system and stuck to it even if the pick looked silly. Which brings me back to my theory on picks before a snap is taken being folly. Same as going through the schedule and picking wins and losses. I hear guys saying "that a W, that's a W, that's an L as they look at the schedule . And I laugh and laugh and laugh, catch my breath and laugh some more.:lol:

Laughing is really good Mr. D. Especially at our age. (Often times I make an extra dental appointment just to get a few more hits on that nitrous!) :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

I gotta be careful I don't laugh myself into a coughing spell!:lol:

Steady as she goes, Mr. D. Steady as she goes. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:11 AM, bmore_ken said:

I predict Oakland won't be as good as some of you think they will be. 

Your prediction looks pretty good here at the halfway mark.:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the AFCN right so far...

Really(and I guess a lot of people) didn't expect NYG, New Orleans, Raiders, and Bills to be having the seasons they are having.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I picked the Eagles to beat the Steelers in the SB. Since Wentz is out, do I get a mulligan?:P Seriously though,  I'm not bragging here, because I've always said betting on standings before the season starts is a fools errand. BUT, it is fun, and I can't believe how many I hit on! I'm no genius, believe me, so what I did here was an experiment. Here's what I did. You all know that next to the QB, I believe the most important factors are the O-Line and defense. So, I just googled "ranking O-Lines going into the season", and " Ranking defenses going into the season". I took those rankings and added them together. Then I took the lowest number of each division and they were the division champs. Then, the next 2 were the WCs. The lowest over all were the conference champs. Then, obviously, the lowest of the 2 conference champs was the SB winner. That's it! That was all I did, and it looks like the O-line and the D appear to give a clue how they are going to do. Now with 4 games to go, injuries are becoming a factor, as the Wentz situation. But this looks like a pretty good system.

Before the NFL ruined the game tilting everything in favor of the Offense, The formula I would use back then was each teams ability to run the ball and stop the run. I can't claim credit for that because I either heard it or read it somewhere. Other wise, I still believe betting on pre - season predictions are foolish and fool hardy. 

Damn I miss football........:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More than ever the NFL is a week-to-week league.  It's getting more difficult than ever to predict winners, and betting on it is something I'd rather not do.  20 years ago I used to a little, and did really, really well at it, but today, fuggetabouit!

One thing though that I think is still a pretty good indicator is point differential(barring any one-game skews). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, alienrace said:

More than ever the NFL is a week-to-week league.  It's getting more difficult than ever to predict winners, and betting on it is something I'd rather not do.  20 years ago I used to a little, and did really, really well at it, but today, fuggetabouit!

One thing though that I think is still a pretty good indicator is point differential(barring any one-game skews). 

You really have to throw out the outliers.  Throw out the best and worst performances and see what you get.  Obviously when you throw out the Raven's 40-0 win over Miami the numbers aren't as skewed.  Unless you have a team which seems to be great or terrible and has all outliers.  Then you just look for trends and teams that might bounce either way.  Still you are right about it being harder.  I got burned with KC twice in a row during their losing streak.  Did not see them losing to the Giants and Bills in consecutive weeks.  Can't see how a team that starts 5-0 does that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ravens had two outliers, the brutal loss to the Jags in London, and the Miami win. 

Crazy when you think of that kind of performance swing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe how terrible the O-line looked while I was still watching, as it sounds like they've improved a good bit. Next year they would do well to draft another blue chipper on the line . We would have some serious depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have totally did a 180 about the chance for the Ravens this year. I said just about 3 or 4 weeks ago that it really made no difference to me if the ravens made it to the playoffs because this offense cannot be fixed with the way Flacco is playing this year. Now I have totally changed my mind. Two weeks of strong play by the offense has made me a believer. i think the defense is fine. they looked bad last week but i think they can fix whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0