Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cprenegade

2017 predictions

52 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

I can't believe how terrible the O-line looked while I was still watching, as it sounds like they've improved a good bit. Next year they would do well to draft another blue chipper on the line . We would have some serious depth.

I think adding Alex Lewis and Yanda next year will make our line even better than it is playing right now which in turn will give us some depth. The coaching staff has done an excellent job with this line in my opinion. Its going to be an interesting draft next year. Does Ozzie succumb to the pressure and draft offense in the first round or does he stay true to the board and draft defense if it is indeed  a defensive player that is on top of the list. 

Both and defense need help this offseason. The defense could use two safeties and a linebacker who can cover, plus a pass rusher. The Ravens' defense fell heir to a weak schedule with impotent offenses and backup quarterbacks. They shouldn't count on that happening again in 2018.

45 minutes ago, RavingManiac said:

I have totally did a 180 about the chance for the Ravens this year. I said just about 3 or 4 weeks ago that it really made no difference to me if the ravens made it to the playoffs because this offense cannot be fixed with the way Flacco is playing this year. Now I have totally changed my mind. Two weeks of strong play by the offense has made me a believer. i think the defense is fine. they looked bad last week but i think they can fix whatever. 

They just need to get in, and I think they can do some damage. 

I really hope they can take care of the Browns.  That game seriously worries me.  I think 9-7 is going to get them in, but I don't want it coming down to the last game against Cincy, because that game worries me too.  Ideally though, they beat the Browns, Colts, and rest against the Bengals.

10 hours ago, RavingManiac said:

I have totally did a 180 about the chance for the Ravens this year. I said just about 3 or 4 weeks ago that it really made no difference to me if the ravens made it to the playoffs because this offense cannot be fixed with the way Flacco is playing this year. Now I have totally changed my mind. Two weeks of strong play by the offense has made me a believer. i think the defense is fine. they looked bad last week but i think they can fix whatever. 

9 hours ago, alienrace said:

They just need to get in, and I think they can do some damage. 

I really hope they can take care of the Browns.  That game seriously worries me.  I think 9-7 is going to get them in, but I don't want it coming down to the last game against Cincy, because that game worries me too.  Ideally though, they beat the Browns, Colts, and rest against the Bengals.

For sure anything can happen if you just get in the playoffs, but I have a hard time seeing the Ravens go very far.  First of all, when their defense doesn't have Jimmy Smith, they give up a lot of yards to the other team through the air.   It's been that way for a few years.  I might have thought that would be different this year, but the first game without him they give up 506 to Roethlisberger when they knew he was going to throw it for most of the second half.  Then there is their road record since the last super bowl.  They are 13-26 on the road, 3-4 this year.  Actually the last year they had a winning record on the road was 2010.  That hardly builds confidence.  As a wild card team I see them playing one of five possible teams.  At Jacksonville, where the crowd will be intense and the Jacksonville defense will shut down Collins and force Flacco to beat them.  If Pittsburgh beats New England, Jacksonville might actually claim the two spot in the AFC which would send the Ravens to New England.  I don't see them beating New England in Foxboro.  At the LA Chargers, who may actually be one of the hottest teams in the AFC.  Their defensive line with Bosa would present problems for the Ravens.  At KC, which is a tough place to play, but I think the Ravens could hold their own with a KC team that I really don't think is all that good.  And finally at Tennessee if Jacksonville somehow collapses and Tennessee wins that division.  The Ravens could definitely go in there and win.  Like I said, anything can happen, but I honestly see this team for what it will be.....the 5th or 6th best team in the AFC, and part of that equation is only because Houston lost Deshaun Watson and the Ravens, along with the rest of the AFC North, have had an easy schedule this year.  

9 hours ago, cprenegade said:

For sure anything can happen if you just get in the playoffs, but I have a hard time seeing the Ravens go very far.  First of all, when their defense doesn't have Jimmy Smith, they give up a lot of yards to the other team through the air.   It's been that way for a few years.  I might have thought that would be different this year, but the first game without him they give up 506 to Roethlisberger when they knew he was going to throw it for most of the second half.  Then there is their road record since the last super bowl.  They are 13-26 on the road, 3-4 this year.  Actually the last year they had a winning record on the road was 2010.  That hardly builds confidence.  As a wild card team I see them playing one of five possible teams.  At Jacksonville, where the crowd will be intense and the Jacksonville defense will shut down Collins and force Flacco to beat them.  If Pittsburgh beats New England, Jacksonville might actually claim the two spot in the AFC which would send the Ravens to New England.  I don't see them beating New England in Foxboro.  At the LA Chargers, who may actually be one of the hottest teams in the AFC.  Their defensive line with Bosa would present problems for the Ravens.  At KC, which is a tough place to play, but I think the Ravens could hold their own with a KC team that I really don't think is all that good.  And finally at Tennessee if Jacksonville somehow collapses and Tennessee wins that division.  The Ravens could definitely go in there and win.  Like I said, anything can happen, but I honestly see this team for what it will be.....the 5th or 6th best team in the AFC, and part of that equation is only because Houston lost Deshaun Watson and the Ravens, along with the rest of the AFC North, have had an easy schedule this year.  

I thought this way just a couple of weeks ago but not anymore. Flacco is back! (pun intended) 

23 hours ago, mdrunning said:

Both and defense need help this offseason. The defense could use two safeties and a linebacker who can cover, plus a pass rusher. The Ravens' defense fell heir to a weak schedule with impotent offenses and backup quarterbacks. They shouldn't count on that happening again in 2018.

Two safeties? You don't like Weddle? I think all the defense needs is some pass rushers. I've always defended Pees but at this point, I think it's time to get a fresh face in here to coach this defense. I just think his time is up. He has done a good job but the time has come. I was really disappointed with this defense giving up 500 passing yards. I think this defense is better than that.

Edited by RavingManiac

On 11/1/2017 at 10:23 AM, alienrace said:

I had the AFCN right so far...

Really(and I guess a lot of people) didn't expect NYG, New Orleans, Raiders, and Bills to be having the seasons they are having.

Your SB prediction appears to be in trouble :)

40 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Big time :)

Well, I got the AFCE and AFCN right, and maybe the WC's.  Totally hosed up the NFC.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:14 AM, bmore_ken said:

Mine looks on point. Too bad Wentz is out. What do you think of that O-line/ defense formula for predictions. It seemed to have worked pretty good. I'm gonna try it again next year. If my SB prediction comes true, Pa. will never be the same........;)

Posted (edited)

On 9/7/2017 at 1:07 AM, cprenegade said:

WC - Oakland, Baltimore

On 9/7/2017 at 7:55 AM, bleedingorangeandblack said:

AFC East - New England

AFC North - Pittsburgh

AFC South - Houston

AFC West - Oakland

WC - KC,Cincy

NFC East - Dallas 

NFC North - Green Bay

NFC South - Atlanta

NFC West - Seattle

WC - Tampa Bay, Carolina

AFCC - NE, Oak

NFCC - Green Bay, Dallas 

SB - NE, Dallas         

SB winner   Dallas 

On 9/7/2017 at 1:31 PM, Thirteen said:

AFCW - Oakland

SB - Oakland/Atlanta

Champs - Oakland

(I'm either gonna look like a genius or really stupid)

On 9/7/2017 at 5:07 PM, johnpolitics said:

AFC West - Oakland

AFCC - NE, Oakland

On 9/8/2017 at 10:17 AM, alienrace said:

AFCW - Oakland (OAK, KC, DEN, LAC)

AFCC - Oakland, Pittsburgh

SB - Seattle, Oakland

On 9/9/2017 at 7:11 AM, bmore_ken said:

I predict Oakland won't be as good as some of you think they will be. 

Looks like I called this one. :)

Edited by bmore_ken

Just now, bmore_ken said:

Damn damn damn 

35 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

This whole season has been schizophrenic, so good call on your part!

10 minutes ago, alienrace said:

This whole season has been schizophrenic, so good call on your part!

I didn't really base it on anything except for the fact historically recently, the Raiders have been one step up from the Browns. 

17 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

I didn't really base it on anything except for the fact historically recently, the Raiders have been one step up from the Browns. 

Well, the only thing worse than the Browns is Mark Davis's haircut :D

2 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

I predicted MLB great, got all the division winners but messed up the NFL!

2 minutes ago, johnpolitics said:

I predicted MLB great, got all the division winners but messed up the NFL!

The NFL is tricky though. One or two key plays can change a whole season.

2 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

The NFL is tricky though. One or two key plays can change a whole season.

True. The "raving" maniacs have been very quiet. They won 9 games on a weak schedule and without facing Luck, Rodgers and Watson. 

7 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Yes you did.   Last year I had 3/4 final four teams.  Not this year.  Best I can do is 2/4 if Pit/NE make it.   But Oakland as a WC wasn't my worst pick.  The Giants as the NFC east winner by far was.  Overall I had 4/6 of the AFC playoff teams with 3 division winners, but only 1/5 of the NFC teams with no division winners.  Clearly I need to work on my NFC knowledge.  :wub:

4 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

Yes you did.   Last year I had 3/4 final four teams.  Not this year.  Best I can do is 2/4 if Pit/NE make it.   But Oakland as a WC wasn't my worst pick.  The Giants as the NFC east winner by far was.  Overall I had 4/6 of the AFC playoff teams with 3 division winners, but only 1/5 of the NFC teams with no division winners.  Clearly I need to work on my NFC knowledge.  :wub:

I don't know about that. Who could have possibly predicted the Giants debacle?

On 9/7/2017 at 1:31 PM, Thirteen said:

AFCS - Jacksonville (Yeah, I went there)

Oh yeah.  I went there.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:31 PM, Thirteen said:

AFCE - New England (duh)
AFCN - Pittsburgh
AFCS - Jacksonville (Yeah, I went there)
AFCW - Oakland
WC - Kansas City, Denver

NFCE - Dallas
NFCN - Green Bay
NFCS - Atlanta
NFCW - Seattle
WC - Washington, Minnesota

AFCC - NE/Oakland
NFCC - Atlanta/Seattle

SB - Oakland/Atlanta

Champs - Oakland

(I'm either gonna look like a genius or really stupid)

Nice call on JAX!

On September 10, 2017 at 10:30 AM, mrdeltoid said:

AFCE - Patriots        NFCE - Eagles

AFCN - Steelers       NFCN - Vikings

AFCS - Titans          NFCS -  Panthers

AFCW - Raiders      NFCW - Cardinals

AFCWC Chiefs V Jags

NFCWC  Cowboys v Falcons

AFC -  Steelers v Raiders

NFC - Eagles v Vikings

SB Steelers v Eagles

2017 SB Champions -Eagles

I'll close with my view of pre-season predictions as being foolish and fool hardy.:P

My O-line/defense theory still looks pretty accurate. Oakland threw off AFC, but the NFC still right on the money. 

On 1/15/2018 at 9:05 AM, mrdeltoid said:

My O-line/defense theory still looks pretty accurate. Oakland threw off AFC, but the NFC still right on the money. 

Remind us of your theory if you don't mind.

1 hour ago, RavingManiac said:

Remind us of your theory if you don't mind.

I believe other than the QB,  the O-Line and defense is the most critical units to the team. So here's what I did:

I googled the ranking of each teams O-line and defense going into the season. I added those 2 numbers together and that number represented each team. For example, let's say the Ravens had the #1 ranked O-line and #2 ranked defense, 1+2=3 therefore, they are assigned the #3. Then I put each team in their proper division from with the lowest numbered team in first place, the second lowest in second place and so on. After they were all assigned, for the wild card, I just took the next 2  behind the 4 teams ranked highest bin each division, so they would be the 5th and 6th highest in the conference. The lowest number of the 4 divisions went to the conference game. The lowest number of those 2 are that conference representative in the SB. Of the 2 conference champions, the one with the lowest number wins SB. It was crazy that I ended up with Pitt and Philly in the SB. I think I had the Jags as a WC team.

Edited by mrdeltoid

20 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

I believe other than the QB,  the O-Line and defense is the most critical units to the team. So here's what I did:

I googled the ranking of each teams O-line and defense going into the season. I added those 2 numbers together and that number represented each team. For example, let's say the Ravens had the #1 ranked O-line and #2 ranked defense, 1+2=3 therefore, they are assigned the #3. Then I put each team in their proper division from with the lowest numbered team in first place, the second lowest in second place and so on. After they were all assigned, for the wild card, I just took the next 2  behind the 4 teams ranked highest bin each division, so they would be the 5th and 6th highest in the conference. The lowest number of the 4 divisions went to the conference game. The lowest number of those 2 are that conference representative in the SB. Of the 2 conference champions, the one with the lowest number wins SB. It was crazy that I ended up with Pitt and Philly in the SB. I think I had the Jags as a WC team.

So you had Pitt and Philly with the best offensive lines and defensive lines combined?