Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guido2

Judges fail again;Man who punctured fire hose during Baltimore riots is again spared prison time

24 posts in this topic

And people wonder why crime is so high in Baltimore city. Proof once again...........................

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-butler-gas-mask-violation-20170905-story.html

A Baltimore man who cut a fire hose during rioting in 2015 was again spared prison time after violating his probation

Gregory Lee Butler Jr. was sentenced in November to three years of supervised release after pleading guilty to obstructing firefighters during a civil disorder. But he failed to comply with some conditions of his release, including passing regular drug tests and paying his $100-a-month restitution, according to the U.S. attorney’s office, which sought a yearlong prison sentence at a hearing Tuesday.

U.S. District Judge J. Frederick Motz chose not to sentence Butler to prison, but instead extended the probation period to three years beginning Tuesday. He also ordered Butler to enter an inpatient drug treatment program after he tested positive for marijuana and PCP during regular drug tests, which were ordered as part of his probation.

Motz also warned that if Butler violated the terms of his probation again, he would sentence him to prison.

Well he has two strikes against him....I have no doubt that there will be a third in short time. However, I am pretty sure the judge will give him another 'do-over'.

Shhhessshhhh

Edited by Guido2

When I read that article I nearly threw up. In my opinion that particular judge needs to be removed from the bench. 

PCP?  Damn!

This is a federal judge, BTW.

From the OP's link:

Butler’s public defender, Lucius Turner Outlaw III, said his client is “doing the best he can,” and that Butler was accused of violating only a handful of the 23 conditions of his probation. 

"Only" a handful, eh.

Admittedly, the guy has had a tough life, and now he's exposing his two kids to the same thing.

41 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

From the OP's link:

"Only" a handful, eh.

Admittedly, the guy has had a tough life, and now he's exposing his two kids to the same thing.

Well actually 1 1/2....the second is on the way. Well at least one part of his anatomy is working.

This cycle does sound familiar doesn't it.

51 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

PCP?  Damn!

This is a federal judge, BTW.

BTW for the uninitated. PCP can turn even nerd into superman.....police experience talking.

Oh good...now we have social engineers at the Federal level also. Shhehssshhhhh

Baltimore citizens would rather see police officers incarcerated instead of this misunderstood young gentleman.

The Judge, although promoted to Senior Judge in 2010, was originally appointed by Ronald Reagan  in 1985. Republican judges sometimes go liberal. Liberal judges never go conservative. 

With Trump we don't have a guarantee of conservative justices. With Clinton, we would have gotten liberal activists.

http://www.mdd.uscourts.gov/j-frederick-motz-district-judge

1 hour ago, stevez51 said:

Maybe the judge can hire him to help his debts .......

Doing a quick eyeball on this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_judge_salaries_in_the_United_States

I figure he is pulling down around 2500000....so he can afford your suggestion.

Further it may explain the liberated thinking of judges as a whole.

Lets see....nice fancy home...likely a gated community....likely has some form of armed protection or at the very least can carry.....etc.

So bottom line is you can very free thinking and huggy bear with bad guys if you don't ever have to deal with them in the real world. IMHO.

Pop a few sections 8's in his neighborhood and that attitude will change....provided he doesn't leverage his influence to convince them not to be a-holes by bringing the 'system' down on them. Big time.

JMTs.

Edited by Guido2

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, Guido2 said:

Well actually 1 1/2....the second is on the way. Well at least one part of his anatomy is working.

This cycle does sound familiar doesn't it.

Yes it does.  And it sounds like this...Worthless West Baltimorian gets hooked on drugs with ________ (girlfriend, cousin, sister) and becomes  unemployable.  Goes on welfare.  Has lots of time to kill.  Gets into crime (and girlfriend).  Girlfriend has baby.  Welfare benefits goes up. Realizes this is a pretty good gig.  Has another kid.  Welfare goes up.  Gets into more trouble.  Is paroled.  Has another kid, welfare goes up.  Meanwhile, Guido2, a hard working citizen, is going crazy making ends meet for his one child (maybe two) because of high Maryland and Federal Taxes (to cover welfare costs).

18 hours ago, FJBlacknight said:

Yes it does.  And it sounds like this...Worthless West Baltimorian gets hooked on drugs with ________ (girlfriend, cousin, sister) and becomes  unemployable.  Goes on welfare.  Has lots of time to kill.  Gets into crime (and girlfriend).  Girlfriend has baby.  Welfare benefits goes up. Realizes this is a pretty good gig.  Has another kid.  Welfare goes up.  Gets into more trouble.  Is paroled.  Has another kid, welfare goes up.  Meanwhile, Guido2, a hard working citizen, is going crazy making ends meet for his one child (maybe two) because of high Maryland and Federal Taxes (to cover welfare costs).

Sarcasim;

Hey hey hey.....according to some on another thread.....when on welfare you only have x days :rolleyes: That you are supposed to be looking for and prove you are looking for a job :rolleyes: That at the very least you should be attending skills classes consistently and proving it. :rolleyes:

That the only way you can get a waiver is that if you have chronic health issues (too many cheetos) or physical issues (like being shot) or drug dependency (a given) or pregnant (a given) or the buses don't go there for training. 

Need I say more.

9/9/2017 Addendum; What I said above was summarized by some legal assistance group in Mass. NOT from an official government source whose link was provided by one of the posters.

Edited by Guido2

I wonder if that judge was one of the ones that refused to meet with Hogan? 

1 hour ago, overtaxed said:

I wonder if that judge was one of the ones that refused to meet with Hogan? 

I doubt it.  He's a federal judge.

17 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Need I say more.

No.  Each day the results speak for themselves.

Just now, FJBlacknight said:

No.  Each day the results speak for themselves.

I just updated that post you replied to ....see addendum

I think this Judge should take a trip to the Bay View burn unit, and see what this jerk was exposing firefighters to. Pet peeve of mine. If there is an ongoing interior attack, the water supply is the firefighters only defense. Better yet, let the perp don some turnout gear, mask up and  crawl deep into super heated dwelling fire, where you can't see your hand in front of your face, and when he reaches the seat of the fire, cut his water supply off. He should definitely serve some serious prison time.

Maybe.... if God is around ... the judges house will catch on fire.....and OOOOhhhhhhhh ggggggeeeeee wizzzzzz judge...can't help you.....we have no water pressure to the house. Oh and I am break....get back to you.

The man is a blip'n idiot.

Hmmmm lets see....as we are seeing what cops do and do not do.... seem to affect to the point that previous stuff gets undone and thrown out. Well it is just a matter of time before the firebug screws up....wonder if the court will finally undo this judges stupidity. We can hope.

Edited by Guido2

On 9/9/2017 at 6:25 PM, stevez51 said:

Some of these judges need to go .......

One thing that has always driven me nuts is 'lifetime appointments'...like on the SC.

While true (I think) he can be voted out? How many people evaluate a judge in the city....much less vote in the first place. So in affect it can be a lifetime appointment.

JMTs.

Guido 

He's a federal judge with a lifetime appointment. 

20 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Guido 

Don't let that little detail stop a good rant.

6 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

Guido 

Yes... sorry I wasn't clear with my transition. Apologies. Both still apply.