Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BayAreaBmore

Biggest Game of the Season Game Thread vs Yankees 9/7

96 posts in this topic

A win gets them four games over .500, solidifies a series win vs division rival and a team they're chasing for WC, and also potentially gets them into a tie for 2nd Wild Card spot.  Huge game.  

Edited by BayAreaBmore

Well, yeah. When you put it that way.

;)

2 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Well, yeah. When you put it that way.

;)

Lol. I also believe this is a huge statement game.  A loss kinda leaves them continuing to tread water and unable to get over the hump 

Just now, BayAreaBmore said:

Lol. I also believe this is a huge statement game.  A loss kinda leaves them continuing to tread water and unable to get over the hump 

And a win? What does that signify? That they've FINALLY made it over the hump? C'mon, man. You started drinking early? LOL. Yeah. A win is always better than a loss. But the way this team is constructed it's still just a part of the overall structure of one foot forward, one foot Buck. Things have moved forward, albeit at a glacial pace, but at least it's moved in the right direction. That's true. And there are some bright spots to be sure. Beckham. Trey. Manny's hitting is finally coming around. But the big elephant turd in the middle of the room is still starting pitching. And while Beckham was a shot of pure adrenaline, WhatTheHell-ickson was a real buzz kill. So let's just wait and see before painting in big broad brush terms, okay? Let's get the win and live on to fight (with Buck) another day.

:)

10 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

And a win? What does that signify? That they've FINALLY made it over the hump? C'mon, man. You started drinking early? LOL. Yeah. A win is always better than a loss. But the way this team is constructed it's still just a part of the overall structure of one foot forward, one foot Buck. Things have moved forward, albeit at a glacial pace, but at least it's moved in the right direction. That's true. And there are some bright spots to be sure. Beckham. Trey. Manny's hitting is finally coming around. But the big elephant turd in the middle of the room is still starting pitching. And while Beckham was a shot of pure adrenaline, WhatTheHell-ickson was a real buzz kill. So let's just wait and see before painting in big broad brush terms, okay? Let's get the win and live on to fight (with Buck) another day.

:)

I totally agree man. Maybe I am over thinking it and over hyping the importance of this game... I'm just saying this COULD be the game that gets them over the hump and propels them forward. 

But true with this starting pitching situation they'll likely slide right back down the other side of it anyway lol 

Edited by BayAreaBmore

2 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

I totally agree man. Maybe I am over thinking it and over hyping the importance of this game... I'm just saying this COULD be the game that gets them over the hump and propels them forward. 

But true with this starting pitching situation they'll likely slide right back down the other side of it anyway lol 

Pretty much. But what this COULD signify, more than the O's getting over the hump, is a huge kick in the nuts to the Yankess. And that's ALWAYS a good thing!!!

Wohoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I'm rooting like heck for the O's to make the WC, but thinking about Miley, Hellickson and Tilly in any kind of playoff series is just a huge wet blanket.  Lucky we got the Gasman going.  I agree this is a big game for O's and the Gasman.  Does he have the stones to come through in clutch?

Good Lord how many pitches is Gausman gonna throw in the first? 

Headed for 30 pitches in the 1st. Wow Gasman.

14 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

I'm rooting like heck for the O's to make the WC, but thinking about Miley, Hellickson and Tilly in any kind of playoff series is just a huge wet blanket.  Lucky we got the Gasman going.  I agree this is a big game for O's and the Gasman.  Does he have the stones to come through in clutch?

So true. Kinda depressing actually. Whats the point really if you have those guys lined up in your rotation  (cue Eeyore clip) 

Edited by BayAreaBmore

Down already. Way to go Gasman!

How many times does a lead off walk score? 

Wow.... the dream is over. 

This pitching staff is abysmal.

Yeah. This is turning out to be a real statement game, alright. A statement of exactly what's been hampering this team all season long. NOT ENOUGH HOT BABES IN THE STANDS!!

;)

Get the bullpen ready Buckeroo.

Just reading this thread. Depressing given all the expectations. Should have walked Judge. Stupid.

Just now, Rob said:

Wow.... the dream is over. 

This pitching staff is abysmal.

Don't worry, Rob. I just heard that DD made a blockbuster trade for Kershaw, Scherzer, and Kluber! No kidding. I'm serious. Your worries are over!!!

What an absolute joke. Yup statement game alright:   this staff still blows.  

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Get the bullpen ready Buckeroo.

I heard UJ is ready and raring to go. Does that help?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, OriginalColtsFan said:

I heard UJ is ready and raring to go. Does that help?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned!!!!

I think the Gasman is a choke artist. Big big game and he folded like a chair. 

Beckham is a beast!

Great..... GIDP by Manny.

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Banned!!!!

I kinda knew I crossed the line with that one.

:D

The O's look lifeless after that great pitching in the 1st inning.