eaglesinsider

Week 2 Scores

243 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

North Point 21 - Westlake 0

ūüĎÄ

54 minutes ago, AgentOrange said:

is this big or what

No....just a win and points for Rose towards the playoffs.  You know, that pub thing and all....

Edited by DayWalker

Just now, themamba said:

Oh, ok. Like I said, all I've hear is negative things about MJS. MSJ wasn't supposed to be in the game, according to this forum. Of course, this was before the game.

Yea I saw it too. But hey this is why they play the game. That's the thing with young kids it can be difficult at times but the more they play together the better they get. Seems like they are really putting it together fast.

2 minutes ago, Hambonepack said:

Even though Sherwood got manhandled tonight, they will still probably win 8 or 9 games this year.  Their challenges will come in week 4 against Richard Montgomery and week 8 against PB.  Depending on how Howard does this year, it could lead to a first or 2nd game of the playoffs match-up.

Damascus has a favorable schedule to go 10-0 during the regular season.

How does Paint Branch look this year in your opinion?  Right now I believe they are 2-0.

3 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

Yea I saw it too. But hey this is why they play the game. That's the thing with young kids it can be difficult at times but the more they play together the better they get. Seems like they are really putting it together fast.

Its wild out here, Yo.

OBC, I thought Westlake looked exceptionally well in its week one game and I thought they had a boss hog team but a non-Westlake / non_North Point coach told me that North Point is a senior heavy team who would put Westlake back in its place.  Coach was dead on target seeing the North Point / Westlake score.

Edited by DayWalker

Just now, ShoNuff07 said:

How does Paint Branch look this year in your opinion?  Right now I believe they are 2-0.

PB has a very good defense, lead by Linebacker and Maryland commit Durell Nchami.  Nchami is one of those guys who stayed public even though he would have been a stud at any of the privates.  They also have size and strength on their defensive line.  The question mark is their offense, don't be fooled by their 40 point performance against Northwood, Northwood wouldn't beat most good JV programs.  If their offense can step up and score 20+ points against the big dawgs, they stand a chance to win with their defense. They remind me of the 2001 Ravens, defense wins games, you just hope their offense doesn't screw it up for them with turnovers and field position losses.  That being said, I think they make the playoffs but they won't get far like the Ravens.  It's dumb to compare them to the Ravens situation but it's the best way I know to explain how defensive oriented the are.

Apparently the Dundalk v Patapsco game was called in the 3rd quarter after a bench clearing brawl erupted after Dundalk scored off a blocked punt to go up 20-0. Ugly game throughout. Dundalk declared winner. I would assume there were multiple ejections which will carry over to next week. Not good.

I don't post on this board often because I am a MOCO guy(Damascus) but I think I will start posting game scores every week moving forward.

We currently have the MOCO programs ranked as follows:

1.  Dmass

2.  Quince Orchard

3.  Northwest

4.  Sherwood

5. Seneca Valley

6. Paint Branch

My honorable mentions are:  Blake, Wooton, Richard Montgomery and Blair

Gaithersburg 2  Seneca Valley 42

Sherwood 7  Damascus 42

Walt Whitman 0  Einstein 7

Churchill 32   Wooton 39 

Urbana 20   Clarksburg 13

Quince Orchard 34   Blair 7

Wheaton  54  Northwood 6

Kennedy  0   Poolsville 41

Watkins Mill  35   Magruder 7

Blake  15   Springbrook 9

Paint Branch  21  Richard Montgomery  9

Walter Johnson  13  Northwest  48

Rockville 17   Bethesda CC  28

Private Score

Mount St Joe  26  Good Counsel  14

Edited by Hambonepack

4 minutes ago, HY3:13 said:

Apparently the Dundalk v Patapsco game was called in the 3rd quarter after a bench clearing brawl erupted after Dundalk scored off a blocked punt to go up 20-0. Ugly game throughout. Dundalk declared winner. I would assume there were multiple ejections which will carry over to next week. Not good.

Dundalk or Dunbar

4 minutes ago, AgentOrange said:

Dundalk or Dunbar

Dunbar DC played SM Ryken and Dunbar BMore is at Potomac tomorrow.

1 minute ago, DayWalker said:

Dunbar DC played SM Ryken and Dunbar BMore is at Potomac tomorrow.

whats is HY3 talking about

Clearly a Dundalk v Patapsco brawl....

11 minutes ago, Hambonepack said:

I don't post on this board often because I am a MOCO guy(Damascus) but I think I will start posting game scores every week moving forward.

We currently have the MOCO programs ranked as follows:

1.  Dmass

2.  Quince Orchard

3.  Northwest

4.  Sherwood

5. Seneca Valley

6. Paint Branch

My honorable mentions are:  Blake, Wooton, Richard Montgomery and Blair

Gaithersburg 2  Seneca Valley 42

Sherwood 7  Damascus 42

Walt Whitman 0  Einstein 7

Churchill 32   Wooton 39 

Urbana 20   Clarksburg 13

Quince Orchard 34   Blair 7

Wheaton  54  Northwood 6

Kennedy  0   Poolsville 41

Watkins Mill  35   Magruder 7

Blake  15   Springbrook 9

Paint Branch  21  Richard Montgomery  9

Walter Johnson  13  Northwest  48

Rockville 17   Bethesda CC  28

Private Score

Mount St Joe  26  Good Counsel  14

Appreciate that. Need a MoCo power ranking. I think it's just you and Nomad.

16 minutes ago, themamba said:

I will always defer to Nomad, he has deeper connections to the MOCO programs.

17 minutes ago, themamba said:

And The DayWalker.  The vamps loves ALL counties

1 minute ago, Hambonepack said:

I will always defer to Nomad, he has deeper connections to the MOCO programs.

Yea, I'll take your word for it. I don't think he does any power rankings, and doesn't post much.

2 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

And The DayWalker.  The vamps loves ALL counties

No doubt, D-dub. You're consensus 1st team All-State every year. Refreshing to see new  material rather than the same 5 Gilman talking points on the other threads, over and over and over and over, again.

I still have 2016 MoCo games to look over ----  Quince Orchard / Annapolis, Quince Orchard / Richard Montgomery, Richard Montgomery / Randallstown.  I have a Sherwood video with someone I can't recall but played at Blair.  But right now I'm looking at Franklin at DeMatha.

Edited by DayWalker

Sounds like we need a report on the Rockets. Are they legit? We know about the 'Big 3'.

27 minutes ago, themamba said:

Yea, I'll take your word for it. I don't think he does any power rankings, and doesn't post much.

Just for full disclosure, that is not my power ranking.  I am just posting what others have voted on and Nomad is part of that committee.  The honorable mentions are mine.

My top six would have PB at 4 and move Sherwood and SV down to 5 and 6.

See you guys again next week.

Edited by Hambonepack

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

OBC, I thought Westlake looked exceptionally well in its week one game and I thought they had a boss hog team but a non-Westlake / non_North Point coach told me that North Point is a senior heavy team who would put Westlake back in its place.  Coach was dead on target seeing the North Point / Westlake score.

DW unfortunately your sources right. I had high hope for tonight but seems like Tony Jr still has work to do. He's a great kid sure he'll figure it out. I ended up making the long trip to GC tonight. Glad I did what a gametonight. Glad I did what a game

1 hour ago, HY3:13 said:

Ball was snapped over the punter's head. He picked it up, was tackled, fumbled, and Dundalk scooped it up and took it into the end zone for a touchdown. As the touchdown was being scored, the punter and the player who tackled him started scuffling on the ground. I didn't see who started it (was watching the ball being picked up and run into the end zone). Other players on the field then got involved in the fight. The benches didn't quite clear; Dundalk had enough coaches and school officials on the sidelines to grab most of their players who tried to enter the field, and other Owl players also restrained those who tried to leave the sidelines. Patapsco players were told if they didn't return to the sidelines, the school would end the season. The brawl, such as it was, didn't last more than a minute or two.

School officials will review the game film next week to determine who gets disciplined.

I wouldn't say it was an ugly game throughout (except maybe in the sense neither offense was able to do much. One of Dundalk's other touchdowns also came on a fumble return); there was a brief scuffle at the end of the first half after a Patapsco ballplayer was tackled on a play that carried out of bounds onto the Dundalk sideline, and a Patapsco player was called for roughness. That influenced the official's decision to call the game.

3 hours ago, OldBallCoach said:

DW unfortunately your sources right. I had high hope for tonight but seems like Tony Jr still has work to do. He's a great kid sure he'll figure it out. I ended up making the long trip to GC tonight. Glad I did what a gametonight. Glad I did what a game

I just got in what got me excited about Westlake I'll let you see.