Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RavingManiac

Ravens vs Bengals

74 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

When was the last time the Ravens beat Cinny at Cinny? 

Today, how bow dat?

Top flight defense, as advertised.  Strong running game, hit a big play or two.  Sounds like a familiar formula.  Hope Woodhead is ok, but is still a major weapon.

1 hour ago, RavingManiac said:

Looks like it was just you and I Manny. It goes to show you that the masses are not always right 

What a game, brother!

27 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

Big win.....

Divisional game on the road.....

Against a team that clearly had had our number in the past.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

6 hours ago, Manny said:

19-16 Ravens 

Major props to Manny. (You got any feelings about Power Ball?)

;)

25 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Major props to Manny. (You got any feelings about Power Ball?)

;)

I just had a good feeling about this game. Law of averages said we had to win there again sometime.

9 minutes ago, Manny said:

I just had a good feeling about this game. Law of averages said we had to win there again sometime.

Understood. Now...about those Power Ball numbers...

;)

7 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Bengals 21-9

I've never been more happy to have been wrong. :)

2 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Understood. Now...about those Power Ball numbers...

;)

Avoid Andy Dalton's #14 ;)

15 minutes ago, Manny said:

Avoid Andy Dalton's #14 ;)

You are wise, Manny wa kanobi!!

On 9/10/2017 at 10:01 AM, ncbirdfan said:

This has been a strange pre-season in which I have no idea how the Ravens will do in the regular season. But from what I did see I believe the home opener will be a 20-0 win for the Ravens.

NOTE: Prove that I changed this after the game. :P

Umm, it says you edited this post 20 hours ago. Busted. :D

17 minutes ago, Rael said:

Umm, it says you edited this post 20 hours ago. Busted. :D

Darn it! OK. I predicted the score 20-6. I just had the teams reversed. I knew one team wouldn't score a TD. I just thought it would be the Ravens. I'm really not too upset that I was wrong. :D

On 9/10/2017 at 4:15 PM, alienrace said:

Top flight defense, as advertised.  Strong running game, hit a big play or two.  Sounds like a familiar formula.  Hope Woodhead is ok, but is still a major weapon.

Can't complain about a division win on the road. I just hope there's more to the offense than what we saw. That was a Trent Dilfer type win. 

3 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Can't complain about a division win on the road. I just hope there's more to the offense than what we saw. That was a Trent Dilfer type win. 

Yeah, it sure was!

3 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Well, maybe that's the formula that should be used in all the games. ;)

Winning ugly is still winning.

49 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Seriously. I have no idea why people are complaining about the running. It was without a doubt the best formula for a QB that hadn't even taken a preseason game snap. And while a good argument can be made that the Bengals O-line was trash, their D was stout, even though they were missing some starters. But with the Ravens O-line as it is, and until Joe gets fully up to speed, I'd keep that same formula until a team shows they can stop it. They consumed 10 minutes of clock in the 3rd quarter and still managed to get 3 points out of the drive. I think football has been polluted by all the fantasy leagues and Madden. You win, you win. That's the bottom line. There's no points for style.

1 hour ago, ncbirdfan said:

Like I said, I'm not complaining about a division win on the road. B)

22 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Seriously. I have no idea why people are complaining about the running. It was without a doubt the best formula for a QB that hadn't even taken a preseason game snap. And while a good argument can be made that the Bengals O-line was trash, their D was stout, even though they were missing some starters. But with the Ravens O-line as it is, and until Joe gets fully up to speed, I'd keep that same formula until a team shows they can stop it. They consumed 10 minutes of clock in the 3rd quarter and still managed to get 3 points out of the drive. I think football has been polluted by all the fantasy leagues and Madden. You win, you win. That's the bottom line. There's no points for style.

Anybody complaining about the running must have forgotten not only the past few pass-happy years, but also the fact that Joe needs time to get up to speed.  It was clearly the right game plan, and I hope it sets the pattern towards a more balanced offensive effort.

2 minutes ago, Struds said:

Anybody complaining about the running must have forgotten not only the past few pass-happy years, but also the fact that Joe needs time to get up to speed.  It was clearly the right game plan, and I hope it sets the pattern towards a more balanced offensive effort.

Absolutely. I had my doubts before the start of the season when it was being reported that the Ravens planned to run more this year. But they were right, at least so far, and the addition of Roman was a big part of that. The only thing that concerns me about focusing so heavily on the running game is that the Ravens chose to go light on running backs. And now with Woodhead out for at least a month or more, they're going to have to beef up their stable. If it were me I'd bring back Rainey, but if they choose to go with one of the RBs from the PS that's okay too. I think in retrospect it was a mistake to let go of Mizzell. And while hindsight is always 20-20, they had full knowledge that Woodhead was injured and had missed the whole preseason, and yet still did nothing to hedge their bet. Choices, and consequences.

18 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Like I said, I'm not complaining about a division win on the road. B)

"Can't complain about a division win on the road. I just hope there's more to the offense than what we saw. That was a Trent Dilfer type win." 

Whining. Complaining. Little difference.

Woodhead officially on IR, eligible to return week 10.

(Waiting in the IR wings...Perriman and Campanaro.)

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

They promoted Langford from the practice squad to replace Woodhead. 

23 minutes ago, RLPro said:

They promoted Langford from the practice squad to replace Woodhead. 

Yes. The guy the Bears cut when they grabbed Mizzell.

5 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

All about match ups. This week will be interesting. Last year their defense was not that good, but they have Myles Garret now, and Jamie Collins is a beast. But can Roman overcome lack of talent with scheme 2 weeks in a row? As OCF points out, the line no longer run a zone blocking scheme, and the down blocking and pulling guards hitting different angles definitely took Cinci's D off guard. And the Bengals D is better than the Browns. The question now, will the rest of the league adjust to the more traditional "man blocking" scheme? And how the running game goes, so goes the defense. Last week our D was given plenty of rest, and kept very fresh. This week they will be going up against a dang good offensive line, where as the Bengals lost two pro-bowl linemen, and boy did Pees exploit that! If we keep up the running attack, and get a little better each week, we may even be competitive.