Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
can you hear me now!

More Hypocrisy from the Party of Family Values

155 posts in this topic

GOP congressman repeatedly promoted antiabortion stance a week after reportedly telling mistress to get abortion

We already knew that the Pennsylvania Republican had engaged in an extramarital affair, after it came out in his mistress's divorce records. But things got much worse for Murphy on Tuesday: The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is reporting that text messages indicate he told his mistress to get an abortion when they had a pregnancy scare.

That's especially problematic because Murphy is supposed to be an antiabortion congressman. He's got nearly a flawless voting record, as far as groups like the Family Research Council are concerned. And in fact, it was his promotion of that position that led to the fateful exchange with his mistress, Shannon Edwards.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/10/03/gop-rep-repeatedly-promoted-pro-life-stance-a-week-after-reportedly-telling-mistress-to-get-abortion/?utm_term=.d6414e96b06e

He's quite the character.

gotta love pro-life repugnicans......

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/10/03/gop-rep-repeatedly-promoted-pro-life-stance-a-week-after-reportedly-telling-mistress-to-get-abortion/?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-politics%3Ahomepage%2Fcard&utm_term=.3b7cfb620407

I think his mistress!!!! nails it.....

And you have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options,” Shannon Edwards, a forensic psychologist in Pittsburgh with whom the congressman admitted last month to having a relationship, wrote to Mr. Murphy on Jan. 25, in the midst of an unfounded pregnancy scare.

Campaigning as pro-life on the national stage is an easy path to take in many places. It's one of those issues you can easily rally people with but you don't ever have to really do anything about.

If only you knew. The GOP is full of hypocrites - look what they chose to represent them. It's become a cesspool. Kasich should leave, others have.

15 hours ago, can you hear me now! said:

gotta love pro-life repugnicans......

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/10/03/gop-rep-repeatedly-promoted-pro-life-stance-a-week-after-reportedly-telling-mistress-to-get-abortion/?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-politics%3Ahomepage%2Fcard&utm_term=.3b7cfb620407

I think his mistress!!!! nails it.....

And you have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options,” Shannon Edwards, a forensic psychologist in Pittsburgh with whom the congressman admitted last month to having a relationship, wrote to Mr. Murphy on Jan. 25, in the midst of an unfounded pregnancy scare.

People simply have no shame anymore.  Imagine the gall of this fool putting forth abortion restrictions.  And so pious.  LOL

1 hour ago, jonsensback said:

Two words:

Anthony Wiener:D

Wow, Wiener preached against and wanted laws to ban/restrict sexting with underage girls.  I didn't know that.   I thought he was just a sleaze that did it not a hypocrite too.

4 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Wow, Wiener preached against and wanted laws to ban/restrict sexting with underage girls.  I didn't know that.   I thought he was just a sleaze that did it not a hypocrite too.

He was a family man in I assume seducing minor girls would be taboo for anyone in that situation without preaching about it. In other words do you have to have someone preach against such an act to quantify it's hypocritical of anything decent people do?

Personally that is hypocrite on face value unless you have a marriage agreement that says otherwise.  Not to mention it's against the law, even for the well politically connected.

But you may wish to ask his wife when he took his marriage vows if seducing minors was permitted from his vows. I think not since they are now divorced.

1 minute ago, jonsensback said:

He was a family man in I assume seducing minor girls would be taboo for anyone in that situation without preaching about it. In other words do you have to have someone preach against such an act to quantify it's hypocritical of anything decent people do?

Personally that is hypocrite on face value unless you have a marriage agreement that says otherwise.  Not to mention it's against the law, even for the well politically connected.

But you may wish to ask his wife when he took his marriage vows if seducing minors was permitted from his vows. I think not since they are now divorced.

So why do you think Wiener is worse than the Congressman who wanted to restrict abortions but wanted his mistress to have one?  Weren't the Congressman's marriage vows as sacred as Wiener's?  Or is it because the Congressman is a Republican and Wiener is a Democrat?  Or was it just to deflect because you are uncomfortable with the OP?

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

So why do you think Wiener is worse than the Congressman who wanted to restrict abortions but wanted his mistress to have one?  Weren't the Congressman's marriage vows as sacred as Wiener's?  Or is it because the Congressman is a Republican and Wiener is a Democrat?  Or was it just to deflect because you are uncomfortable with the OP?

Where did I say it was worse?  They are both super scum bags IMO. But in my world a child molester takes the cake for scum over an adulterer.

I was just responding to the normal "family values" nonsense directed to Republicans.  A marriage vow IMO proceeds any preaching you can do and you are a hypocrite for agreeing to vows of marriage and then breaking them at your convenience.

I had to look and see who the OP was so you are wrong there and far as deflection goes how is stating hypocrisy a deflection?

Edited by jonsensback

32 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Bull****. Weiner's scum but not a phony family values preacher like this guy.

The hypocrisy is the thing.

2 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Bull****. Weiner's scum but not a phony family values preacher like this guy.

The hypocrisy is the thing.

So marriage vows and then seducing minors or being an adulterer is not hypocrisy?

Your vows of marriage is the most family values proclamation you can make, you know the old "honor, love, cherish,  protect and be faithful" stuff.

26 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Where did I say it was worse?  They are both super scum bags IMO. But in my world a child molester takes the cake for scum over an adulterer.

I was just responding to the normal "family values" nonsense directed to Republicans.  A marriage vow IMO proceeds any preaching you can do and you are a hypocrite for agreeing to vows of marriage and then breaking them at your convenience.

I had to look and see who the OP was so you are wrong there and far as deflection goes how is stating hypocrisy a deflection?

The hypocrisy has nothing to do with marriage vows.  It has to do with preaching against something that you are engaging in.  

lol once again, the gopers have to be schooled in the lessons of their own parties message.  too funny :lol:

This thread is a mirror copy of the one about Republicans not caring about deficits.  Various poor attempts at deflection.

Rep. Murphy will not seek re-election

Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania will not seek reelection at the end of his term, the National Republican Congressional Committee confirmed on Wednesday.

Local Pittsburgh CBS affiliate KDKA first reported the embattled lawmaker would retire after his term, after reports surfaced on Tuesday alleging that the anti-abortion Republican urged a woman he was having an affair with to have an abortion.

"After discussions with my family and staff, I have come to the decision that I will not seek reelection to Congress at the end of my current term," Murphy said in a statement, according to KDKA. "... In the coming weeks I will take personal time to seek help as my family and I continue to work through our personal difficulties and seek healing. I ask you to respect our privacy during this time."

17 hours ago, jonsensback said:

So marriage vows and then seducing minors or being an adulterer is not hypocrisy?

Your vows of marriage is the most family values proclamation you can make, you know the old "honor, love, cherish,  protect and be faithful" stuff.

Breaking marriage vows and seducing minors would be hypocrisy if Weiner had proposed legislation restricting or punishing these things. Or railed against them he didn't.

Let me help you:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hypocrisy

hypocrisy

[hi-pok-ruh-see]

noun, plural hy·poc·ri·sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.

2. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

10 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Breaking marriage vows and seducing minors would be hypocrisy if Weiner had proposed legislation restricting or punishing these things. Or railed against them he didn't.

Let me help you:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hypocrisy

hypocrisy

[hi-pok-ruh-see]

noun, plural hy·poc·ri·sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.

2. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Exactly... Weiner's not a hypocrite, just a sleazy slimebag. 

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Exactly... Weiner's not a hypocrite, just a sleazy slimebag. 

This is what is so discouraging about political discourse today. People reject what used to be commonly understood, like the definition of simple words!

"His statements and actions are at odds with his own voting record. Inappropriate personal behavior has public ramifications -- and in this case, clearly opens him up to charges of hypocrisy" -  Family Research Council

ya think!

PITTSBURGH) — An anti-abortion congressman asked a woman with whom he was having an extramarital affair to get an abortion when he thought she might be pregnant, a newspaper reported Tuesday.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette said it obtained text messages between Republican U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania and Shannon Edwards. A Jan. 25 text message from Edwards said the congressman had “zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options,” according to the paper.

A text message from Murphy’s number in response said the staff was responsible for his anti-abortion messages: “I’ve never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don’t write any more.”

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/4968559/tim-murphy-pennsylvania-congressman-girlfriend-abortion/?source=dam

Yeah he's a hypocrite.

Wow what a hypocrite.  Seems like a lot of politicians are.

42 minutes ago, alienrace said:

Wow what a hypocrite.  Seems like a lot of politicians are.

Aren't they synonyms? :P