Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
can you hear me now!

More Hypocrisy from the Party of Family Values

155 posts in this topic

It is perfectly consistent with the actual beliefs of anti-choice folks, which are really just about controlling women.

You have to look at what they do, not what they say.

On 9/10/2017 at 9:12 AM, mrsmlh said:

The point I think is that the Republicans made "family values" a party platform the Democrats did not.  Nobody disputes the fact that there are slimy people in both parties but only the Republican party advertises that they are the party of "family values" that they are better than the other party.

When did the Republicans state this?

10 minutes ago, com6063 said:

I think it started back in the '80's or maybe '90's.

1 minute ago, mrsmlh said:

I think it started back in the '80's or maybe '90's.

When was the last time they made this statement?

4 minutes ago, com6063 said:

When was the last time they made this statement?

Are you trying to say that Republicans do not campaign as the party of family values?

what a surprise, another lazy rwnj unable to master the basics of using google. for the lazy: https://www.gop.com/issue/family-values/canonical/ page 1... do you need help reading the document?

10 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Are you trying to say that Republicans do not campaign as the party of family values?

You indicated that this is part of their platform but they haven't used it for decades. I guess I'm wondering why you can't find any new dirt. It's not like the Democrats are saints either.

2 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

what a surprise, another lazy rwnj unable to master the basics of using google. for the lazy: https://www.gop.com/issue/family-values/canonical/ page 1... do you need help reading the document?

Are you insulting me? If so, move along and find some new poster to attack. Doesn't reflect well on you.

14 minutes ago, com6063 said:

You indicated that this is part of their platform but they haven't used it for decades. I guess I'm wondering why you can't find any new dirt. It's not like the Democrats are saints either.

I never said the Democrats were saints but if someone preaches against something and tries to pass laws forbidding something then he/she should not be engaging in said activity which is what this thread is about.

Am I insulting you, no....I am pointing out how easy it is to find this information...if one wants to find this information...my guess is you really didn't want to know...

Tim Murphy resigns from Congress

Rep. Tim Murphy (R-Pa.), the embattled anti-abortion lawmaker who allegedly encouraged his lover to terminate a pregnancy, on Thursday announced his plan to resign from office later this month — just a day after announcing his plan to retire following the 2018 election.

The Pennsylvania Republican’s about-face came after House GOP leaders and senior Republicans upped the pressure on Murphy to step down.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/05/tim-murphy-resigns-from-congress-243510

On 9/10/2017 at 3:22 PM, Papi said:

I have yet to ever hear any Republican suggest "doing away with" any of those programs. Unfortunately, the mere mention of doing anything to stem the ongoing cycle of growth of those programs gets the "oh they want to push granny off a cliff in her wheelchair" treatment by the liberal press and the left. 

They are smart enough to not to just come out and say it, but that is damn sure their goal in many cases.  For instance, you don't hear republicans say they want to get rid of Medicaid all together, but that is EXACTLY what that awful Grassidy bill would have done.  See, they don't say it, they just bury it in the details of some terrible piece of legislation and hope we don't notice the details

5 hours ago, mlatoman said:

Aren't they synonyms? :P

I know you were trying to make a joke... but no they aren't

7 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

I know you were trying to make a joke... but no they aren't

Yes, I was making a joke. To a degree. I believe most politicians are hypocrites and liars. 

You could prove me wrong! 

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, mlatoman said:

Yes, I was making a joke. To a degree. I believe most politicians are hypocrites and liars. 

You could prove me wrong! 

Or YOU could prove YOUR point correct and not ask me to disprove it... you know, kinda how things are supposed to work

Or, you could just realize that what you stated is your OPINION and lay off the "prove me wrong" stuff

Edited by banner1124

5 hours ago, com6063 said:

Family Values

The family is the bedrock of our nation. When American families flourish, so too does our country. Our Party’s economic and social policies, including tax reform, education, health care, and the sanctity of life, should always promote and strengthen that most sacred bond.

https://www.gop.com/issue/family-values/canonical/

40 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Or YOU could prove YOUR point correct and not ask me to disprove it... you know, kinda how things are supposed to work

Or, you could just realize that what you stated is your OPINION and lay off the "prove me wrong" stuff

Wow....touchy! :P

I like when they try to defuse the situation by going with, 'I won't run for re-election' but end up being forced out. Always nice to see.

6 hours ago, songfourone said:

Family Values

The family is the bedrock of our nation. When American families flourish, so too does our country. Our Party’s economic and social policies, including tax reform, education, health care, and the sanctity of life, should always promote and strengthen that most sacred bond.

Thanks; I also agree that the Democrats are waging a war on women, especially unborn women. Sad really.

5 hours ago, com6063 said:

Thanks; I also agree that the Democrats are waging a war on women, especially unborn women. Sad really.

:lol:

12 hours ago, songfourone said:

Family Values

"Tax reform" aka tax cuts for the wealthy sure do make poor and middle class families strong.

19 hours ago, com6063 said:

Are you kidding me?

6 hours ago, com6063 said:

How so? Are they making them have abortions? Are they telling their mistresses to have abortions while rigorously campaigning against it?

http://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/congressman-murphy-resigns-amid-abortion-controversy/620124772\

Congressman Murphy has resigned.

GOP Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania, an anti-abortion lawmaker who allegedly urged his mistress to have an abortion when he thought she was pregnant, is resigning from Congress.  Ryan, R-Wis., said he supports the resignation and said the decision was Murphy's.

I think hypocrite is one of the most misunderstood words in the English language.  Used mostly when falling short of religious values. One may claim to aspire to a certain level of values, and fall short, doesn't necessarily meet the definition of hypocrisy. We continue to fall short, yet aspiring to Christian values. 

On the other hand, it is easy to claim no standard of lifestyle , and feel superior, when one that does falls short.