Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
can you hear me now!

More Hypocrisy from the Party of Family Values

155 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

I think hypocrite is one of the most misunderstood words in the English language.  Used mostly when falling short of religious values. One may claim to aspire to a certain level of values, and fall short, doesn't necessarily meet the definition of hypocrisy. We continue to fall short, yet aspiring to Christian values. 

On the other hand, it is easy to claim no standard of lifestyle , and feel superior, when one that does falls short.

So preaching against and trying to legislate against something while engaging in said activity is not hypocrisy?

5 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

This is a good example why there should be a separation of church and state. I oppose abortion on religious grounds, yet feel the government has no right to limit that right of one who doesn't.

Yes, I am pro-choice simply because I do not think I have the right to insist my government make it illegal for those who do not share my beliefs. 

6 hours ago, com6063 said:

Thanks; I also agree that the Democrats are waging a war on women, especially unborn women. Sad really.

Maybe in your mind but the guy demanding his mistress get an abortion was Republican. 

4 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Yes, I am pro-choice simply because I do not think I have the right to insist my government make it illegal for those who do not share my beliefs. 

Agree100%. The government have no business imposing their will on citizens when it comes to abortion.

Good morning BTW.:)

13 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

So preaching against and trying to legislate against something while engaging in said activity is not hypocrisy?

That's two different situations.

Lets deal with the political firstly. To push legislation against something while engaging in it is by definition, hypocrisy.

Secondly, to preach one thing and do the opposite, is the most common hypocrisy. 

Your making me think too much this early.:P

22 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Here we go agin:D

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, com6063 said:

Thanks; I also agree that the Democrats are waging a war on women, especially unborn women. Sad really.

Especially unborn women??

How does that work?

Specfics.

Edited by songfourone

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Guido2 said:

I have only one question.

Someone please explain to me what a 32 year old women sees in a 64 year old man? Regardless of party.

Early retirement? 😏😀

1 hour ago, mrdeltoid said:

I think hypocrite is one of the most misunderstood words in the English language.  Used mostly when falling short of religious values. One may claim to aspire to a certain level of values, and fall short, doesn't necessarily meet the definition of hypocrisy. We continue to fall short, yet aspiring to Christian values. 

On the other hand, it is easy to claim no standard of lifestyle , and feel superior, when one that does falls short.

In this case it's publicly opposing one thing while engaging in or encouraging that same thing in private.

55 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Here we go agin:D

I know.  It doesn't just apply to politicians either, it's just one of my pet peeves.

Agree100%. The government have no business imposing their will on citizens when it comes to abortion.

Good morning BTW.:)

Good morning to you!

That's two different situations.

Lets deal with the political firstly. To push legislation against something while engaging in it is by definition, hypocrisy.

Secondly, to preach one thing and do the opposite, is the most common hypocrisy. 

Your making me think too much this early.:P

Now I'm confused. :D  Do you think Murphy is a hypocrite?

4 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

I know.  It doesn't just apply to politicians either, it's just one of my pet peeves.

I hear you.

Once you come to the come to the conclusion that most politicians and a whole lot of people are hypocrites it will still piss you off, but it is what it is. 

13 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

In this case it's publicly opposing one thing while engaging in or encouraging that same thing in private.

That IS hypocrisy. I'm not disagreeing with your post at all. I just made an observation about the misuse of a word, since the opportunity popped up. My wife and I butt heads on this frequently.

Just now, jonsensback said:

I hear you.

Once you come to the come to the conclusion that most politicians and a whole lot of people are hypocrites it will still piss you off, but it is what it is. 

Agreed.   Not sure why but lying has always been a big no-no for me and I consider hypocrisy a form of lying.  My kids and grandsons found out the hard way that if they told the truth, they received a lighter punishment than if they lied to me about their behavior.

9 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Now I'm confused. :D  Do you think Murphy is a hypocrite?

If his actions match the definition I would say yes. I try not to use that word to often though. It tends to get politicized.

2 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

If his actions match the definition I would say yes. I try not to use that word to often though. It tends to get politicized.

Understood.

30 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Agreed.   Not sure why but lying has always been a big no-no for me and I consider hypocrisy a form of lying.  My kids and grandsons found out the hard way that if they told the truth, they received a lighter punishment than if they lied to me about their behavior.

That's what I harped to my daughters through their childhood.

The truth wins every time and if you tell the truth you will still get punished if appropriate, but I will for sure throw out harsher punishment when you lie.

Not to mention I will smell out a lie because every thing they think they can get away with that is wrong I already did as a kid and I will know when you are lying.

They still didn't believe me at first but wised up eventually:D

9 hours ago, com6063 said:

good grief

9 hours ago, com6063 said:

You understand your premise assumes women who get abortions are victims?  War on women indeed. 

3 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

How so? Are they making them have abortions? Are they telling their mistresses to have abortions while rigorously campaigning against it?

I don't think I wrote that.

2 hours ago, songfourone said:

Especially unborn women??

How does that work?

Specfics.

How does what work? Abortion ends the life of women, unborn women. Pretty basic. Planned Parenthood is the biggest murderer of unborn women in American.

2 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

With you 100% on that.

Unfortunately, we are finding that our goooberment is built on hypocrisy.

Do as I say....not as I do.