Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
can you hear me now!

More Hypocrisy from the Party of Family Values

155 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

I think hypocrite is one of the most misunderstood words in the English language.  Used mostly when falling short of religious values. One may claim to aspire to a certain level of values, and fall short, doesn't necessarily meet the definition of hypocrisy. We continue to fall short, yet aspiring to Christian values. 

On the other hand, it is easy to claim no standard of lifestyle , and feel superior, when one that does falls short.

It's not about them claiming to aspire to a certain level of values and falling short... it's about preaching those values to others and trying to codify those values into law and force them upon others while not living up to them themselves.  That is the very definition of hypocrite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

I think hypocrite is one of the most misunderstood words in the English language.  Used mostly when falling short of religious values. One may claim to aspire to a certain level of values, and fall short, doesn't necessarily meet the definition of hypocrisy. We continue to fall short, yet aspiring to Christian values. 

On the other hand, it is easy to claim no standard of lifestyle , and feel superior, when one that does falls short.

I know what a hypocrite is. Rep. Tim Murphy is a prime example. He campaigned as a family values guy opposed to abortions. Then he asked his mistress to get an abortion. The fact that he ran politically and vehemently against having abortions and then behind close doors he acted the exact opposite - that is being hypocritical. When he found that his mistress was pregnant he had a choice. If he were really against abortions, his mistress having an abortion would not even be a consideration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, com6063 said:

I don't think I wrote that.

What was your intent in your post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, com6063 said:

How does what work? Abortion ends the life of women, unborn women. Pretty basic. Planned Parenthood is the biggest murderer of unborn women in American.

And males also. So com.....what do you suggest one does with all these unwanted children after being born? As we see in most major cities where those children are allowed to be born.....there doesn't seem to be much of a plan after the fact.

Or from 'it' happening again down the road.

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, com6063 said:

How does what work? Abortion ends the life of women, unborn women. Pretty basic. Planned Parenthood is the biggest murderer of unborn women in American.

I notice that you have not made one comment about the Republican demanding that his mistress get an abortion.  Is it because he preaches and tried to legislate pro-life?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a quick back-read of these posts.

Yah know......neither he nor the women are too bright. Maybe book smart not street smart.

A 34 year old women with a PhD. And a 64 year old so called senior statesmen. Haven't figured out BIRTH CONTROL?

And people wonder why the common man has reservations about trusting the 'elite' to make decisions for them.

JMTs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, banner1124 said:

It's not about them claiming to aspire to a certain level of values and falling short... it's about preaching those values to others and trying to codify those values into law and force them upon others while not living up to them themselves.  That is the very definition of hypocrite.

I agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ncbirdfan said:

I know what a hypocrite is. Rep. Tim Murphy is a prime example. He campaigned as a family values guy opposed to abortions. Then he asked his mistress to get an abortion. The fact that he ran politically and vehemently against having abortions and then behind close doors he acted the exact opposite - that is being hypocritical. When he found that his mistress was pregnant he had a choice. If he were really against abortions, his mistress having an abortion would not even be a consideration.

I agree yet again. I probably should've said the most "misused" word. Not necessarily misused in Murphy's case, but in general. Everybody seems terrified this guy will get off the hook. Rest easy, he isn't.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

I agree yet again. I probably should've said the most "misused" word. Not necessarily misused in Murphy's case, but in general. Everybody seems terrified this guy will get off the hook. Rest easy, he isn't.;)

I don't think anyone is 'terrified this guy will get off'....more likely a bit confused by your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ODENTON said:

I don't think anyone is 'terrified this guy will get off'....more likely a bit confused by your post.

Yeah, I can see where that could happen. Kinda shows how much "perspective" means when posting. I would have a disagreement with my wife on the kids. It usually came down to me being too strict. Anyway, she would say "well you did the same thing when you were the same age. It's being a hypocrite!" So I would explain to her that I had a different view on the subject now yada yada yada. Now if I were still doing the same thing, I would be a hypocrite. A lot of people use the term a lot more loosely than it's definition I think. JMHO. But yes, I can see your point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Yeah, I can see where that could happen. Kinda shows how much "perspective" means when posting. I would have a disagreement with my wife on the kids. It usually came down to me being too strict. Anyway, she would say "well you did the same thing when you were the same age. It's being a hypocrite!" So I would explain to her that I had a different view on the subject now yada yada yada. Now if I were still doing the same thing, I would be a hypocrite. A lot of people use the term a lot more loosely than it's definition I think. JMHO. But yes, I can see your point.

hmmm, being too strict with the kids, maybe that is a Marine husband/wife argument :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrsmlh said:

hmmm, being too strict with the kids, maybe that is a Marine husband/wife argument :D

Bingo. Sound familiar? :PB)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murphy should have simply switched parties. The media would have dropped it like a hot potato. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Bingo. Sound familiar? :PB)

Very!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

I notice that you have not made one comment about the Republican demanding that his mistress get an abortion.  Is it because he preaches and tried to legislate pro-life?

I called him a hypocrite; I guess you missed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, com6063 said:

I called him a hypocrite; I guess you missed it.

My apologies.  I did miss it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, volperdinger said:

Murphy should have simply switched parties. The media would have dropped it like a hot potato. 

Like they dropped Anthony Weiner? 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, volperdinger said:

Murphy should have simply switched parties. The media would have dropped it like a hot potato. 

Like they dropped Anthony Weiner? 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Like they dropped Anthony Weiner? 🙄

Murphy is nothing more than a hypocrite. Weiner was convicted of crimes against underaged kids. Comparing the two is an act of intellectual bankruptcy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, volperdinger said:

Murphy is nothing more than a hypocrite. Weiner was convicted of crimes against underaged kids. Comparing the two is an act of intellectual bankruptcy.  

I get your point. Republicans are so much morally superior to Democrats. :unsure: No one in the GOP would ever get caught with underaged kids since they are the pillars of family values.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ncbirdfan said:

I get your point. Republicans are so much morally superior to Democrats. :unsure: No one in the GOP would ever get caught with underaged kids since they are the pillars of family values.

Thanks nc, I just spit out my soda.  :lol::lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, volperdinger said:

Murphy is nothing more than a hypocrite. Weiner was convicted of crimes against underaged kids. Comparing the two is an act of intellectual bankruptcy.  

Both are scumbags. And a Trump voter calling others intellectually bankrupt is high level irony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

I get your point. Republicans are so much morally superior to Democrats. :unsure: No one in the GOP would ever get caught with underaged kids since they are the pillars of family values.

No, you didn’t get my point. It had nothing to do with the moral superiority of one party over another. The point was Heisenberg’s comparison of the aforementioned individuals as far as the level of media coverage. Of course you had to throw in a bucket load of projection, but then again, you’re you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, volperdinger said:

No, you didn’t get my point. It had nothing to do with the moral superiority of one party over another. The point was Heisenberg’s comparison of the aforementioned individuals as far as the level of media coverage. Of course you had to throw in a bucket load of projection, but then again, you’re you. 

You are simply hilarious. Really. It's the media! :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, com6063 said:

How does what work? Abortion ends the life of women, unborn women. Pretty basic. Planned Parenthood is the biggest murderer of unborn women in American.

 

Love Planned Parenthood!

I send them a check every year to support their health services.

;)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0