Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

Week 3 Schedule/Predictions

193 posts in this topic

I think many are underestimating some of top players for MSJ.  Only 14 seniors on V and 3 with D1 commitments, 3 more on bubble and could very well have D1 offers by the end of season.  10th grade RB is one of the best in the state.  9th grade QB is the truth.  This team would be 3-0 and beat SMR by 2 TDs if played 9th grade QB.  As I said several times...coaching means something.   Developing nice pipeline with Hamilton and other top junior league programs.  If they stay healthy they will be top 3/4 team in MIAA.  Anyone that's met and talked with Coach Holzer realizes real quick this guy is legit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bully said:

I think many are underestimating some of top players for MSJ.  Only 14 seniors on V and 3 with D1 commitments, 3 more on bubble and could very well have D1 offers by the end of season.  10th grade RB is one of the best in the state.  9th grade QB is the truth.  This team would be 3-0 and beat SMR by 2 TDs if played 9th grade QB.  As I said several times...coaching means something.   Developing nice pipeline with Hamilton and other top junior league programs.  If they stay healthy they will be top 3/4 team in MIAA.  Anyone that's met and talked with Coach Holzer realizes real quick this guy is legit.  

Who doesn't have one of the best 10-grader in the state?

A truth 9th-grader is nice but the bar around here is "the real deal" or "special" and a couple others hackneyed sayings.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda hadda done this or done that amounts to zero.  Sorry Bull.

And top 3 / 4 in MIAA?????  Just how many teams are in the MIAA-A...  Ya think 3 or 4 is GREAT!!!

Now OBC would agree with you wholeheartedly about the legitimacy of Coach H.  He has his medals of honor from tours of duty at Meade :) , Parkdale, and Westlake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is this some warrior period of silence for reflection of what's to take place within days or something like that?  Where did all that Dunbar - City banter go?  I know it's a two enter one leaves Thunderdome affair to take place at the castle and all but damn, no need to go silent now.  Where is the song meth usually queue up for the big ones?  Where are the Knights of the Round and its take on the @ZZ whippin Orleans is about to experience...  The DayWalker looked over some Dunbar-Potomac footage last night and 40B, don't let this football game turn in a Poet track meet.  Just sayin'  :P

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

Who doesn't have one of the best 10-grader in the state?

A truth 9th-grader is nice but the bar around here is "the real deal" or "special" and a couple others hackneyed sayings.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda hadda done this or done that amounts to zero.  Sorry Bull.

And top 3 / 4 in MIAA?????  Just how many teams are in the MIAA-A...  Ya think 3 or 4 is GREAT!!!

Now OBC would agree with you wholeheartedly about the legitimacy of Coach H.  He has his medals of honor from tours of duty at Meade :) , Parkdale, and Westlake.

DW definitely right. PM you something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DW.  Quick question.  Who is best public school in the state this year in your opinion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna chime in and say Damascus and Wise 1a 1b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bully said:

DW.  Quick question.  Who is best public school in the state this year in your opinion?

Until someone takes a shot at The King and don't miss, it's Wise.  But I also like Damascus and I think a team with a sharp QB like what I hear about Northwest and even Quince Orchard has a good shot at Wise.  I think Roosevelt is tooling to take Wise but when it counts in the playoffs.  And let me give props to the other king 1A Fort Hill but this may be the year they get dethroned from cross Cumberland by Allegany.

But Wise is best to me right now and they have taken on many of the trappings of being good like over-the-top obnoxious fans I care not to be around during games, etc etc.

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FU question is.  DW.  How do you think Wise would finish in MIAA or WCAC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bully said:

FU question is.  DW.  How do you think Wise would finish in MIAA or WCAC?

Anywhere between 1- 4 WCAC , 2-3 MIAA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bully said:

FU question is.  DW.  How do you think Wise would finish in MIAA or WCAC?

But Wise doesn't have to finish in the MIAA or WCAC.  The better public teams train/prepare for what/who they will face, the known marathon, and not some mythical or unrealistic setting you suggest.  I am NOT dodging your question but to tell you if Wise had to finish in the WCAC or MIAA under a level playing field ( same rules), Coach Parrish would have his team well prepared to do so.

How do think say DeMatha would finish in the public region if it could only play enrolled kids who live in the Hyattsviile area of DeMatha, start work in mid August, and had to face Wise, Damascus, et al in the playoffs for it all to end in a 14-game grind mid-December????  Can't you see how unrealistic that would be for DeM to compete and well?  But on the surface you could see DeM being toast in my suggested question, right?  DeM would be all or every bit of Northwestern 2.0!

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rob A. said:

Anywhere between 1- 4 WCAC , 2-3 MIAA 

They'd be fighting for the 4th playoff spot in both. 2017 Wise is 2-3 TD's off SFA, DM, and SJC. Spalding, McD and Gonzaga would control their games against Wise. CHC, GC, and MSJ would all be very close games against Wise. 

Edited by Silverbullet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Silverbullet and that's my point.  Many bash and diminish the level these teams play at.  I see many local teams celebrating and hyping their 3-0 start, etc and they play awful teams.  Wise and Damascus would lose 3-4 games in either conference.  It's just a different level.  Still great players and teams but different level completely.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

They'd be fighting for the 4th playoff spot in both. 2017 Wise is 2-3 TD's off SFA, DM, and SJC. Spalding, McD and Gonzaga would control their games against Wise. CHC, GC, and MSJ would all be very close games against Wise. 

 

36 minutes ago, Bully said:

I agree with Silverbullet and that's my point.  Many bash and diminish the level these teams play at.  I see many local teams celebrating and hyping their 3-0 start, etc and they play awful teams.  Wise and Damascus would lose 3-4 games in either conference.  It's just a different level.  Still great players and teams but different level completely.  

Re-read my post just above......slowly!  :rolleyes:

Like I described in another post, the last time I saw Spalding live, they were taken to the woodshed by DouglassPG playing a freshman QB in his first high school game ever and Douglass was a team spanked by Middletown who would have punked Spalding.  I saw Douglass two years running beat Paul VI's @zz when it was in the WCAC for football, once 40 - 0 running clock and 64 - 6 in the two games.

Again, I saw your "different level" a couple weeks when the playing field was level in Vegas and that other team hasn't won since....go figure!  :P

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wise barely got by CHC.  CHC will be lucky to win 2 games in league.  Maybe 3.  They might finish 3rd.  Most likely 4th.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Falcon10 said:

Gooch

i have to laugh at your camp warrior comment. I know my boy isn't one of them but I know who your referring too.

i think the game is going to be a little tighter then what people think off of the fact that I'm hearing Spalding has an injury bug. We also are a little banged up but will be looking for a little get back Friday night. 

I don't like the play calling this year but since when was our play calling ever exotic? I know Spalding is going to score at least 3 tds so can we muster more then that? I don't know.  They are tough. I'm going to say gc 24 Spalding 21

Falcon let's be real Spaldings tbe better team and it'll show Friday I have Spalding by 3 scores . The QB matchup is an old youth league rivalry that may get rekindled in which I think Spaldings QB will out play yours but good luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Silverbullet said:

They'd be fighting for the 4th playoff spot in both. 2017 Wise is 2-3 TD's off SFA, DM, and SJC. Spalding, McD and Gonzaga would control their games against Wise. CHC, GC, and MSJ would all be very close games against Wise. 

2-3 TD's off of SFA, DM and SJC? Are we talking about the same Wise team that could only muster one offensive TD against a CHC team that doesn't even have their best defensive player? They would get ran off the field by McDonogh, Spalding, and let's not even mention the other three! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Falcon10 said:

Gooch

i have to laugh at your camp warrior comment. I know my boy isn't one of them but I know who your referring too.

i think the game is going to be a little tighter then what people think off of the fact that I'm hearing Spalding has an injury bug. We also are a little banged up but will be looking for a little get back Friday night. 

I don't like the play calling this year but since when was our play calling ever exotic? I know Spalding is going to score at least 3 tds so can we muster more then that? I don't know.  They are tough. I'm going to say gc 24 Spalding 21

Who's injured for Spalding? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GA is right on.  Don't diminish how tough these conferences are.  In MIAA and WCAC the injury bug gets tough because games are a grind and not a lot of easy games like public school schedules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Bully said:

Wise barely got by CHC.  CHC will be lucky to win 2 games in league.  Maybe 3.  They might finish 3rd.  Most likely 4th.  

Means absolutey nothing , in 2014 McD beats gillman , gillman beats SFA 42-16 , Sfa beats McD 8-3 scores means nothing it's about match ups 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

2-3 TD's off of SFA, DM and SJC? Are we talking about the same Wise team that could only muster one offensive TD against a CHC team that doesn't even have their best defensive player? They would get ran off the field by McDonogh, Spalding, and let's not even mention the other three! 

I was being nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bully said:

Wise barely got by CHC.  CHC will be lucky to win 2 games in league.  Maybe 3.  They might finish 3rd.  Most likely 4th.  

And?????  It's football, a win or a loss Bully.  It's not horseshoes with points for close within the public ranks.  Wise got points for the win and will get more points for CHC wins throughout the season toward states.  Had Wise lost, they would have gotten ZERO points.  Now what did Calvert Hall not get in the loss?  What would Calvert Hall had gotten if they won?

You private guys just kill me with all the clairvoyant projections.  One should go back and see how much you all are on the mark in what you guys declare.  No one can certainly say you are wrong in your woulda, choulda, shoulda, hadda this or that been done.

Again, it's IMPOSSIBLE for Wise to finish 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9. or 10th in the MIAA-A and WCAC as it is not possible for any MIAA-A or WCAC team to win the MD Public Secondary School Championship, albeit some have claimed to be state champions rather what they were, merely league title holders.  Get over this validation seeking of the privates at the expense of the publics.  That dog just won't hunt Bully.  Just sayin' :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bully said:

GA is right on.  Don't diminish how tough these conferences are.  In MIAA and WCAC the injury bug gets tough because games are a grind and not a lot of easy games like public school schedules.

:D The MIAA injuries pile cause you're soft.  Why the heck did Poggi want more flat out hardened warriors at Gilman!!!  I called it long before Poggi that Gilman players lacked heart, the killer instinct.  Wise has a motto that goes something like if you wanna be a an animal, do what animals do, even if it means eating your own to survive.  Hell, DeMatha sideline looks like MASH-4077 with a QB who played his first game of the season and hasn't completed another game and played Avalon and Franklin since the opener.  What harsh grind are you talking about Bully??  Who has Gonzaga played to account for the grind you speak up?  How 'bout SFA? SJC? Spalding?  MSJ?  Come on Bully, come on dude...  :P

You have mercenaries, they are expendable.  If a couple are out, you already "bought" others that are onboard to keep it movin'.  Injury bug gets tough you say, get real dude.  Have the 60-plus cheerleaders on the sideline play.  That is, if their @zzes aren't sealed to the bench.

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0