Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

Week 3 Schedule/Predictions

193 posts in this topic

No validation needed.  Just a bunch of old timers having fun poking each other on a football forum.  I do agree with you that MD would be a lot more fun to watch if publics and privates played together in same league for State Championships like DE and NY and OH, etc.  

3 hours ago, Bully said:

No validation needed.  Just a bunch of old timers having fun poking each other on a football forum.  I do agree with you that MD would be a lot more fun to watch if publics and privates played together in same league for State Championships like DE and NY and OH, etc.  

I wish I had a dollar for all the times your lot talks about what others do elsewhere.  But Bully it wouldn't be just a lot more fun if privates play publics.  Your position goes to my validation theme.  It's all about team match-ups and NOT classification matches meaning a game will not necessarily be good because it involves a public and a private but rather whose playing and if they are a good (level playing field) match.  You talk of the privates like its only DeMatha, SAF, SJC, and Gonzaga up against one public body of 200-plus schools.  You all never want to bring up Friends, Curley, Annapolis Area, and a host of other privates who simply would be bait tuition paying Mr. and Ms. Beaver Clever would not care to have their sons concussed my some animal Hoodies In Hoodies.

But regarding state champion, work on an all private state championship first and then Come Walk and Talk With The DayWalker...

Edited by DayWalker

1 hour ago, Bully said:

CHC will be lucky to win 2 games in league.  Maybe 3.  They might finish 3rd.  Most likely 4th.  

Hell, with only seven teams in the Bush League, I suspect 6 is the max league games one can win so CHC winning 3 is about the .500 CHC has been throughout history...

Edited by DayWalker

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

....Wise team that could only muster one offensive TD against a CHC team that doesn't even have their best defensive player? They would get ran off the field by McDonogh, Spalding, and let's not even mention the other three! 

There you go yet again going off of box scores for your detailed assessment and further pseudo-clairvoyant wildly speculating what others would or would do who just don't play.  Dog, I will retrack my statement if you tell me you SAW the game!!  Do you see most or any of the games you render such BS analysis?  Can a vamp hook you up with Uber to get you out and to some games rather than this repeated non-sense you post????  Do you need a vamp hook-up GA or what dawg?  Hell folks, yours truly The DayWalker will glady toss in some Kibbles 'n Bits for a lost mutt like you GA.  What do you say lil pup.... Got yur back!  :rolleyes:

Same 'ol ****, different day, new handles. One, tough to take one's predictions too seriously when they struggle or come out about even on the games that are actually played. Two, someone mentioned  'like NJ, Ohio, and NY', who all have various forms of open enrollment among their public schools. Maryland happens to be one of only 3 states in the country that has no form of open enrollment, along with NC and Alabama. Really, another fruitless exercise. What is for sure is Wise is 1-0 v the MIAA. Wish there was some new material with all the new posters, instead of the re-hashing of something so meaningless.

Edited by themamba

Validation Snake, it's all about validation for the privates.  They need more than what they can now get.  They have to be accepted as can't be touched by the publics.

It makes them otherwise feel better about themselves and to believe they are just built different!!!!

Edited by DayWalker

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

I wish I had a dollar for all the times your lot talks about what other do elsewhere.  But Bully it wouldn't be just more if privates play publics.  Your position goes to my validation theme.  It's all about team match-ups and NOT classification matches meaning a game will not necessarily be good because it involves a public and a private but rather whose playing and if they are a good (level playing field) match.  You talk of the privates like its only DeMatha, SAF, SJC, and Gonzaga up against one public body of 200-plus schools.  You all never want to bring up Friends, Curley, Annapolis Area, and a host of other privates who simply would be bait tuition paying Mr. and Ms. Beaver Clever would not care to have their sons concussed my some animal Hoodies In Hoodies.

But regarding state champion, work on an all private state championship first and then Come Walk and Talk With The DayWalker...

:D:D:D

1 hour ago, Tomslick said:

:D:D:D

And no reply from Bully to my response to his question:

6 hours ago, Bully said:

FU question is.  DW.  How do you think Wise would finish in MIAA or WCAC?

But Wise doesn't have to finish in the MIAA or WCAC.  The better public teams train/prepare for what/who they will face, the known marathon, and not some mythical or unrealistic setting you suggest.  I am NOT dodging your question but to tell you if Wise had to finish in the WCAC or MIAA under a level playing field ( same rules), Coach Parrish would have his team well prepared to do so.

How do think say DeMatha would finish in the public region if it could only play enrolled kids who live in the Hyattsviile area of DeMatha, start work in mid August, and had to face Wise, Damascus, et al in the playoffs for it all to end in a 14-game grind mid-December????  Can't you see how unrealistic that would be for DeM to compete and well?  But on the surface you could see DeM being toast in my suggested question, right?  DeM would be all or every bit of Northwestern 2.0!

HHHhhhhmmmmmm.....

41 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

And no reply from Bully to my response to his question:

But Wise doesn't have to finish in the MIAA or WCAC.  The better public teams train/prepare for what/who they will face, the known marathon, and not some mythical or unrealistic setting you suggest.  I am NOT dodging your question but to tell you if Wise had to finish in the WCAC or MIAA under a level playing field ( same rules), Coach Parrish would have his team well prepared to do so.

How do think say DeMatha would finish in the public region if it could only play enrolled kids who live in the Hyattsviile area of DeMatha, start work in mid August, and had to face Wise, Damascus, et al in the playoffs for it all to end in a 14-game grind mid-December????  Can't you see how unrealistic that would be for DeM to compete and well?  But on the surface you could see DeM being toast in my suggested question, right?  DeM would be all or every bit of Northwestern 2.0!

HHHhhhhmmmmmm.....

Nobody is saying it's not different. They are just chiming in on how they think Wise would do in the MIAA and WCAC. If anything it's a compliment to Wise as a program.

21 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Nobody is saying it's not different. They are just chiming in on how they think Wise would do in the MIAA and WCAC. If anything it's a compliment to Wise as a program.

Wise does not need a compliment from how it would fare in the MIAA or WCAC no more than DeMatha would be complimented on how it would place in the public ranks if it could only bring in kids from around the Hyattsville area and follow other public rules.  Wise is an undefeated back-to-back state champion who hasn't lost in years.  Moreover, it certainly doesn't require sanctioning as a program from your ilk.  Wise has something like 7 or is it 8 state titles in 11-years since it existed.  Move on Sniper, just move along.  NoBody need your crocodile compliment.    By the way CC, whatever happened to history cut 'n paste Big Droop?  I ain't heard from that lamed stag since he was gaeled...... OUCH!!!!   They often say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas but The DayWalker did NOT know that meant ones nuts BD left there.  :P

Edited by DayWalker

4 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Hell, with only seven teams in the Bush League, I suspect 6 is the max league games one can win so CHC winning 3 is about the .500 CHC has been throughout history...

How many teams does the WCAC A have in now?  

10 minutes ago, DJ88 said:

How many teams does the WCAC A have in now?  

Beats me, the WCAC split on talent like its big brother MIAA, of is it lil brother?  Will they now just have two conference champions or will the A play the B champion for one overall champion or what?  What the privates experiment with from year to year to year taxes a vamp.

Edited by DayWalker

I wonder how many people who are commenting on this game actually saw it. Even though I wasn't necessarily expecting a blowout Calvert Hall was fortunate that Wise fumbled inside the 5 after a long drive that could have put the game away late in the fourth. Let's see how the season plays out before we judge either of these teams off of one score.

Box score analyzers....

10 minutes ago, 85Knight said:

I wonder how many people who are commenting on this game actually saw it. Even though I wasn't necessarily expecting a blowout Calvert Hall was fortunate that Wise fumbled inside the 5 after a long drive that could have put the game away late in the fourth. Let's see how the season plays out before we judge either of these teams off of one score.

Gilman has had the ball inside the 15 on first down 13 times so far this season, and has only scored 1 TD and 2 FG's. The 10 times they didn't score a point, 7 of them were because they turned the ball over. I don't see anyone giving them a pass! Wise fumbled, part of the game. They don't get a pass either! 

3 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Validation Snake, it's all about validation for the privates.  They need more than what they can now get.  They have to be accepted as can't be touched by the publics.

It makes them otherwise feel better about themselves and to believe they are just built different!!!!

Ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Box score analyzers....

Thanks! Got the film.

13 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Gilman has had the ball inside the 15 on first down 13 times so far this season, and has only scored 1 TD and 2 FG's. The 10 times they didn't score a point, 7 of them were because they turned the ball over. I don't see anyone giving them a pass! Wise fumbled, part of the game. They don't get a pass either! 

Dude, a couple times not scoring is an unfortunate part of sports when you are the one who didn't score.  Not scoring 13 times in three games is a freaking problem and you just can't play.....  :o

And you want a pass!!!!  Buy better players and coaches or just pack it in that you suck!!!!

Edited by DayWalker

3 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

No one gets a pass. My point is you have to watch the game because the final score can be a little deceiving. The final score is what it is but I don't think anyone who actually watched the game (except for CH fans) walked away thinking CH was the better team. I commend them for hanging in there and keeping the game close just like I would expect a MIAA A team to do.

I also caution people who are expecting this Wise team to be as good as the previous two. They are definitely not as seasoned as those teams were. Maybe they'll get there or maybe someone will take them down this year.

Edited by 85Knight

6 minutes ago, 85Knight said:

No one gets a pass. My point is you have to watch the game because the final score can be a little deceiving. The final score is what it is but I don't think anyone who actually watched the game (except for CH fans) walked away thinking CH was the better team. I commend them for hanging in there and keeping the game close just like I would expect an MIAA A team to do.

I also caution people who are expecting this Wise team to be as good as the previous two. They are definitely not as seasoned as those teams were. Maybe they'll get there or maybe someone will take them down this year.

I agree, scores don't always tell the true story of a game. 

23 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Tell you one thing I was at the Gilman Gonzaga game and Gonzaga looked awful.  It was hard to watch the Gilman staff leave that young man out there under center.  If they would have put someone out there to just manage the game they would have had a chance.  

2 minutes ago, DJ88 said:

Tell you one thing I was at the Gilman Gonzaga game and Gonzaga looked awful.  It was hard to watch the Gilman staff leave that young man out there under center.  If they would have put someone out there to just manage the game they would have had a chance.  

You're absolutely right, it was like child abuse! I wrote on Saturday during the Prep game, that the kid must have photos of the coaches or something, because the fact that he was still starting in week 3 was mind blowing! Had Gilman started the transfer QB, they definitely beat Prep and I think they also would have beaten Good Counsel. Gilman's defense has played very well this year, they have just been on the field all year long. 

I think after the Prep game, the transfer showed he's the starter and we will see what sort of game they call with him. Because their play calling has been atrocious! 

2 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Wise does not need a compliment from how it would fare in the MIAA or WCAC no more than DeMatha would be complimented on how it would place in the public ranks if it could only bring in kids from around the Hyattsville area and follow other public rules.  Wise is an undefeated back-to-back state champion who hasn't lost in years.  Moreover, it certainly doesn't require sanctioning as a program from your ilk.  Wise has something like 7 or is it 8 state titles in 11-years since it existed.  Move on Sniper, just move along.  NoBody need your crocodile compliment.    By the way CC, whatever happened to history cut 'n paste Big Droop?  I ain't heard from that lamed stag since he was gaeled...... OUCH!!!!   They often say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas but The DayWalker did NOT know that meant ones nuts BD left there.  :P

That's fine. I knew you weren't going to budge. You find joy in being "the difficult one". All good, but this discussion is only natural. These teams play in the same state and are ranked in the same rankings. This conversation has been going on for decades and it's not going to stop until there is a unified state championship tournament. It is what it is. Complain all you want or act like the two play totally different sports for all I care. It'll come up monthly... 

Not too sure about Drop. Probably was sick of talking to a grown man who thinks he's a vampire. Can't really blame him. I question my sanity from time to time...

Edited by Silverbullet

23 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

That's fine. I knew you weren't going to budge. You find joy in being "the difficult one". All good, but this discussion is only natural. These teams play in the same state and are ranked in the same rankings. This conversation has been going on for decades and it's not going to stop until there is a unified state championship tournament. It is what it is. Complain all you want or act like the two play totally different sports for all I care. It'll come up monthly... 

You want The DayWalker to "budge"!!  Fellow, I'm consistent and not homie flighty like you all over the map pimpin' DeM and marginalizing the publics.  These teams we are talking about may house in the same state but they play in different states of being.  Moreover, rankings is simply not a concern of publics like it is for your privates with your so called MNC your lot coined and so whacky embrace.  This private/public conversation goes on because of your private MC Hammer syndrome; that is, you think publics Can't Touch This.  All the while DeMatha held serve for you but Oxon Hill who lost to Chopticon beat Riverdale Baptist, Roosevelt knocked off Palotti, and Wise beat Calvert Hall.  You were 1 - 3 CC during the weekend, right Sniper?

Regarding a "unified state championship", how many times must The DayWalker tell a northeast boarding school prep to first work out a MD private championship and stop splitting up your private leagues into haves and have nots. and having the have nots ride the coat tails of your haves publically like you are DeMatha top to bottom.  You ain't....

Edited by DayWalker

3 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

My take on the game is that Wise had the lead all night and several chances to take control of the game but didn't get the job done. Calvert Hall did a good job of making big plays to stay in it but couldn't get it done in the end. Good game and as fair as I can assess it.

Edited by 85Knight