Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcorioles

IRMA 7th Biggest Hurricane In US History

136 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

The correct term is La Nina. El Nino is the other correct term. Not trying to be offensive. And you are correct, currents and the Nino's play a role in hurricanes. 

No problem,my bad.

31 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Another lie,but by all means continue to live in your make believe world.

You can add droughts now to the list of what they are wrong about.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2017/04/27/analysis-its-not-just-droughts-but-nearly-all-extreme-weather-is-either-declining-or-at-or-near-record-lows/

Extreme Weather: Scientist to Congress in 2017: ‘No evidence’ that hurricanes, floods, droughts, tornadoes are increasing – Dr. Roger Pielke Jr. of University of Colorado

Tornadoes: NOAA Tornado data revealing 2016 as ‘one of the quietest years since records began in 1954’ and below average for 5th year in a row

Hurricanes: 1) Inconvenient NOAA report: ‘It is premature to conclude (AGW has) already had a detectable impact on’ hurricanes & 2) NOAA: U.S. Completes Record 11 Straight Years Without Major (Cat 3+) Hurricane Strike & 3) 30 peer-reviewed scientific papers reveal the lack of connection between hurricanes & ‘global warming’

Floods: ‘Floods are not increasing’: Dr. Roger Pielke Jr. slams ‘global warming’ link to floods & extreme weather – How does media ‘get away with this?’ – Pielke Jr. on how extreme weather is NOT getting worse: ‘Flood disasters are sharply down. U.S. floods not increasing either.’ “Floods suck when they occur. The good news is U.S. flood damage is sharply down over 70 years,” Pielke explained.

Heavy Rains: 1000 year rainfall study suggests droughts and floods used to be longer, worse

Extreme weather used to be blamed on ‘global cooling’ in the 1970s and early 80s Flashback NOAA 1974: ‘Extreme weather events blamed on global cooling’ – NOAA October 1974: ‘Many climatologists have associated this drought and other recent weather anomalies with a global cooling trend and changes in atmospheric circulation which, if prolonged, pose serious threats to major food-producing regions of the world’

#

Waiting for your proof to back up your assertion......

LOL. The proof was born August 30th, 2017. Her name was Irma. She was, to date, one of the strongest hurricane ever recorded. Her record won't stand.

Edited by naive

1 minute ago, naive said:

LOL. The proof was born August 17th, 2017. Her name was Irma. She was, to date, the strongest hurricane ever recorded. Her record won't stand.

'This post^^^^^^^ is all we need to know about your knowledge of what's going on.

Hey Banner .....here's what I was talking about that you said no one said.

Edited by mcorioles

7 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

'This post^^^^^^^ is all we need to know about your knowledge of what's going on.

Hey Banner .....here's what I was talking about that you said no one said.

LOL.

There is no such thing as climate change. There is no such thing as climate change, There is no such thing as climate change. Repeat.

You lose.

Have a great day.

Edited by naive

7 minutes ago, naive said:

LOL.

There is no such thing as climate change. There is no such thing as climate change, There is no such thing as climate change. Repeat.

You lose.

Have a great day.

No dear,you lost.

And I'm pretty sure no one here will defend your claim that IRMA is proof of CC.

Ill let you know why soon.

I want to see where this goes.

Funny how I've provided another link to back me up.

You just throw your uninformed opinion out there.

First clue your other advocates use and it's true........."weather is not climate".

Edited by mcorioles

2 hours ago, naive said:

I know..

Obviously you don't ......

It would be safe to assume that the best satellite photos of major Hurricanes have occurred in the past 50 years ......

Must be climate change ......

1 hour ago, flyboy56 said:

Warm water is key to fueling hurricanes. The warmer the water the quicker hurricanes will strengthen. 

True but el nino is also warm water and helps to suppress Atlantic hurricanes due to increased shear ......

2 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

Obviously you don't ......

It would be safe to assume that the best satellite photos of major Hurricanes have occurred in the past 50 years ......

Must be climate change ......

Her just saying Irma "is proof" proves she doesn't know.

I wish she had posted that right away so I didn't have to waste my time.

Just now, Eastside Terp said:

True but el nino is also warm water and helps to suppress Atlantic hurricanes due to increased shear ......

Good point.

Think it's fair to assume now many factors are in play that dictate a hurricanes size and intensity.

She is a he cupcake.

Science is the proof.

Edited by naive

3 minutes ago, naive said:

She is a he cupcake.

Science is the proof.

Go find one of your cohorts that agrees IRMA is proof of CC.

Or better yet find me a scientific link........not a OP ED....

Good luck.

And there it is the new Godwins  Law,can't cope......name call.

Again......weather is not climate.

Edited by mcorioles

13 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Go find one of your cohorts that agrees IRMA is proof of CC.

Or better yet find me a scientific link........not a OP ED....

Good luck.

And there it is the new Godwins  Law,can't cope......name call.

Again......weather is not climate.

If you think the link I posted - https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-warming-and-hurricanes/  is an op Ed, then sweetie, you have some learning issues to deal with. Maybe your husband can lend a hand.

1 minute ago, naive said:

If you think the link I posted - https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-warming-and-hurricanes/  is an op Ed, then sweetie, you have some learning issues to deal with. Maybe your husband can lend a hand.

Stop deflecting.

I want you to back up your claim IRMA is proof of CC.

If you can't stop responding.

Im a man.

But your sexist remark is noted.

Keep digging......

Edited by mcorioles

1 minute ago, mcorioles said:

Stop deflecting.

I want you to back up your claim IRMA is proof of CC.

If you can't stop responding.

Im a man.

But your sexist remark is noted.

Keep digging......

Proof is in the link.

I'm done with thread.

Don't tell me what to do.

Ever.

Later.

2 minutes ago, naive said:

Proof is in the link.

I'm done with thread.

Don't tell me what to do.

Ever.

Later.

LOL,tough guy.

You're a liar,plan and simple.

Still no link or proof of your claim CC is proven by IRMA.

If it's so true,why no link?

Why is no one coming to your defense?

Edited by mcorioles

3 hours ago, EnochRoot said:

It's not just about limiting discussion. It invalidates it, because it corrupts the data set.

OF course it invalidates... but when I say limiting the discussion, I say that because that's precisely what is done and there's a reason it's done

2 hours ago, mcorioles said:

Another talking point.

Show us how "it's taken out of context".

I posted the whole freaking paragraph.

The OP lied and now you defend it.

Really?  You REALLY need me to explain that to you?  Yeah, you posted the whole freaking paragraph.... but you posted it outside the whole freaking article.  The impact of what is said in that paragraph is dramatically different when you post it stand alone as opposed to it being read as one paragraph from an entire study.

Just now, banner1124 said:

OF course it invalidates... but when I say limiting the discussion, I say that because that's precisely what is done and there's a reason it's done

Really?  You REALLY need me to explain that to you?  Yeah, you posted the whole freaking paragraph.... but you posted it outside the whole freaking article.  The impact of what is said in that paragraph is dramatically different when you post it stand alone as opposed to it being read as one paragraph from an entire study.

BTW your proof of my assertion that people use IRMA as proof of CC is right here.

Then please link the parts that contradict the paragraph I quoted.

Why would they say that then contradict it later?

Ill concede.

1 hour ago, mcorioles said:

Another lie,but by all means continue to live in your make believe world.

You can add droughts now to the list of what they are wrong about.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2017/04/27/analysis-its-not-just-droughts-but-nearly-all-extreme-weather-is-either-declining-or-at-or-near-record-lows/

Extreme Weather: Scientist to Congress in 2017: ‘No evidence’ that hurricanes, floods, droughts, tornadoes are increasing – Dr. Roger Pielke Jr. of University of Colorado

Tornadoes: NOAA Tornado data revealing 2016 as ‘one of the quietest years since records began in 1954’ and below average for 5th year in a row

Hurricanes: 1) Inconvenient NOAA report: ‘It is premature to conclude (AGW has) already had a detectable impact on’ hurricanes & 2) NOAA: U.S. Completes Record 11 Straight Years Without Major (Cat 3+) Hurricane Strike & 3) 30 peer-reviewed scientific papers reveal the lack of connection between hurricanes & ‘global warming’

Floods: ‘Floods are not increasing’: Dr. Roger Pielke Jr. slams ‘global warming’ link to floods & extreme weather – How does media ‘get away with this?’ – Pielke Jr. on how extreme weather is NOT getting worse: ‘Flood disasters are sharply down. U.S. floods not increasing either.’ “Floods suck when they occur. The good news is U.S. flood damage is sharply down over 70 years,” Pielke explained.

Heavy Rains: 1000 year rainfall study suggests droughts and floods used to be longer, worse

Extreme weather used to be blamed on ‘global cooling’ in the 1970s and early 80s Flashback NOAA 1974: ‘Extreme weather events blamed on global cooling’ – NOAA October 1974: ‘Many climatologists have associated this drought and other recent weather anomalies with a global cooling trend and changes in atmospheric circulation which, if prolonged, pose serious threats to major food-producing regions of the world’

#

Waiting for your proof to back up your assertion......

There is more to the world than the US

1 hour ago, naive said:

LOL. The proof was born August 30th, 2017. Her name was Irma. She was, to date, one of the strongest hurricane ever recorded. Her record won't stand.

One storm simply cannot serve as absolute proof of anything.  Posts like this give the deniers all the ammunition they could ever want

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

One storm simply cannot serve as absolute proof of anything.  Posts like this give the deniers all the ammunition they could ever want

Thank you,finally.

But you should have stopped after your first sentence.

3 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

BTW your proof of my assertion that people use IRMA as proof of CC is right here.

Then please link the parts that contradict the paragraph I quoted.

Why would they say that then contradict it later?

Ill concede.

Where did I claim it was contradicted?  If you read my post my point is plain.  The IMPACT of that statement is drastically different when it's presented in a vacuum.  There simply is no denying that.  

3 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

There is more to the world than the US

Again,the predictions Are am referring to were laid out by Al Gore among others with scientists backing it ABOUT THE IMPACT ON THE UNITED STATES.

You are correct on the grand scale,I agree.

1 minute ago, mcorioles said:

Thank you,finally.

But you should have stopped after your first sentence.

No, my post stopped right where I wanted it to.

Just now, banner1124 said:

No, my post stopped right where I wanted it to.

Of course it did in your opinion.

But Im nuanced enough to see why you did it.

Just now, mcorioles said:

Again,the predictions Are am referring to were laid out by Al Gore among others with scientists backing it ABOUT THE IMPACT ON THE UNITED STATES.

You are correct on the grand scale,I agree.

I'm not all that big on making my decisions based on whether predictions were entirely accurate or not.  The kind of stuff they are trying to predict is incredibly difficult to predict.  I think perhaps they should stick with presenting the science behind what's happening with a message that these are the things that we could and probably will see sometime in the future and stop trying to put hard dates on it.  But I think it's irresponsible to argue that since the predictions weren't entirely accurate that the whole issue is BS.