Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcorioles

Journalist Claims Crackdiwn on Looters is White Supremecy

41 posts in this topic

Ok let's get this out of the way I know......it's crackdown.

But feel free to troll that.

The one response to her tweet was right on the money, she is a racist.

2 hours ago, Smokey 1 said:

I don't know if she's a racist but it certainly appears that she's a blthering idiot. 

Just now, Papi said:

I don't know if she's a racist but it certainly appears that she's a blthering idiot. 

Think about it, she thinks minorities have to steal to get by and its racist to arrest them for it.

2 hours ago, Smokey 1 said:

Really?  Isn't this the part where someone would say that, and then you'd respond with that dictionary definition of racist that you like to use and point out that it doesn't fit? :P

Just now, Smokey 1 said:

Think about it, she thinks minorities have to steal to get by and its racist to arrest them for it.

How do you get to that part in bold from her tweet?

Just now, banner1124 said:

Really?  Isn't this the part where someone would say that, and then you'd respond with that dictionary definition of racist that you like to use and point out that it doesn't fit? :P

She lumps all blacks/minorities into one group with negative attributes.  Sometimes the definition does fit.

2 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

How do you get to that part in bold from her tweet?

How else would you interpret it?

8 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

How else would you interpret it?

Perhaps you don't interpret it.  It's not my place to put meaning onto that statement that isn't there.

9 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

She lumps all blacks/minorities into one group with negative attributes.  Sometimes the definition does fit.

No she doesn't.  That's an interpretation that is placed on her statement completely by YOU.

I think we as a society tend to place too much value in property and not enough in people.

But I agree that it was a bad Tweet

3 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

No she doesn't.  That's an interpretation that is placed on her statement completely by YOU.

Well IMO she made a racist statement.  Do you think arresting looters and protecting private property supports white supremacy like she stated?

4 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

I hope nobody crackdiwns on me.

Winner ......

10 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Well IMO she made a racist statement.  Do you think arresting looters and protecting private property supports white supremacy like she stated?

Nope, I already stated that she was an idiot for making that statement.  Doesn't make the statement racist

15 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

And there it is.....

Looky here ,a racism thread and everyone is playing nice...except for Fatboy.

Kudos everyone.

Could it be because the usual suspects haven't chimed in yet?

29 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

It's basically a troll thread,and if they actually believe this is a relevant thread I overestimated their intelligence.

Not really her point, but close:

"The overblown looting coverage points to a large and well-documented trend in racial bias in reporting on crime in the wake of natural disasters, as retired Army Lt. Gen. Russel L. Honore, who helped to manage the military response to Hurricane Katrina in 2005, told the Washington Post.

“People think that if you’re poor or black you’re always trying to steal something,” Honore said. “These warnings about looting validate the stereotypes that people hold about poor people.”

...Narratives of increased looting in the wake of environmental disasters are always inextricably linked to race and class, much in the same way that the storms themselves disproportionately impact the same poor and marginalized communities those narratives set in their crosshairs."

Link

I don't disagree with her statement, I just don't think it applies in this particular case. Sometimes people should go to jail, sometimes those people are black.

Edited by Jimmy Jazz

40 minutes ago, Norman said:

It's basically a troll thread,and if they actually believe this is a relevant thread I overestimated their intelligence.

And your point is quoting my post?

See one of the usual suspects has arrived to end the cordial debate.

Edited by mcorioles

Who doesn't need 7 pair of Air Jordan's in a flood?  Just trying to survive.   In style.  Just be glad there wasn't a Jos. A. Banks in the neighborhood!  They would be trashed.  

16 minutes ago, jdsample said:

Who doesn't need 7 pair of Air Jordan's in a flood?  Just trying to survive.   In style.  Just be glad there wasn't a Jos. A. Banks in the neighborhood!  They would be trashed.  

One for each rainy day .......