Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flyboy56

Antifa Handbook Author Begins Book Tour

78 posts in this topic

I wonder how many conservatives will try to shutdown down Mark Bray's right to free speech?

 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/12/antifa-book-tour-author-anti-fascist-handbook-begins-tour-in-nyc.html

The author of the just-released "ANTIFA: The Anti-Fascist Handbook" kicked off a tour for his book in front of a New York City crowd on Monday night...

Edited by flyboy56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, if you folks weren't so hell-bent on pushing your both sides, false equivalency stuff no one would know of Antifa or give a rat's arse about them.  Y'all have managed to give them the notoriety that they were completely unable to achieve on their own

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, banner1124 said:

You know, if you folks weren't so hell-bent on pushing your both sides, false equivalency stuff no one would know of Antifa or give a rat's arse about them.  Y'all have managed to give them the notoriety that they were completely unable to achieve on their own

Really?

I disagree.

Couldnt the same be said of the KKK?

Edited by mcorioles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...

if you are envisioning a cadre of black-clad militant anarchists plotting street skirmish tactics, you would be sorely mistaken.

...

Bray shared a variety of non-violent tactics employed by anti-fascists through history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcorioles said:

Really?

I disagree.

Couldnt the same be said of the KKK?

Um no... how do you figure?  The KKK made it's legacy you know, with all those lynchings, and cross burnings and such.  How anyone could even attempt to compare the two is a complete mystery to me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, banner1124 said:

You know, if you folks weren't so hell-bent on pushing your both sides, false equivalency stuff no one would know of Antifa or give a rat's arse about them.  Y'all have managed to give them the notoriety that they were completely unable to achieve on their own

Really?

That must be why the obama dhs repeatedly warned about them-well before the ascension of trump-and labelled their antics "domestic terrorist violence.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/01/antifa-charlottesville-violence-fbi-242235

Obviously a creation of the right.:rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Really?

That must be why the obama dhs repeatedly warned about them-well before the ascension of trump-and labelled their antics "domestic terrorist violence.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/01/antifa-charlottesville-violence-fbi-242235

Obviously a creation of the right.:rolleyes:

 

Did I ever say the group itself was a creation of the right?  I spoke specifically of the recent notoriety they seem to have gotten.  There are plenty of groups that the DHS knows all about that the majority of us don't even know exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

I wonder how many conservatives will try to shutdown down Mark Bray's right to free speech?

 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/12/antifa-book-tour-author-anti-fascist-handbook-begins-tour-in-nyc.html

The author of the just-released "ANTIFA: The Anti-Fascist Handbook" kicked off a tour for his book in front of a New York City crowd on Monday night...

The progeny of liberals and Democrats. They must feel like proud parents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

 

 

No they like to smash windows & burn cars. They will likely soon move up to people. As the group grows the more violent ones will join.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, banner1124 said:

You know, if you folks weren't so hell-bent on pushing your both sides, false equivalency stuff no one would know of Antifa or give a rat's arse about them.  Y'all have managed to give them the notoriety that they were completely unable to achieve on their own

The only side that is shutting down free speech is the extreme far left radical Antifa thugs. And it's not just white supremacists groups they go after, their attacks include conservative speakers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, banner1124 said:

Um no... how do you figure?  The KKK made it's legacy you know, with all those lynchings, and cross burnings and such.  How anyone could even attempt to compare the two is a complete mystery to me.

 

It's no different than the effort to make BLM out to be the worst domestic terrorist group ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flyboy56 said:

The only side that is shutting down free speech is the extreme far left radical Antifa thugs. And it's not just white supremacists groups they go after, their attacks include conservative speakers. 

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted, but OK :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dartmouth and lecturer Mark Bray at center of Antifa violence dispute

Following the outbreak of violence on Aug. 12 in Charlottesville, Virginia, Bray published an analysis piece in The Washington Post on Aug. 16 describing a group of counter-protestors called “Antifa,” who were present in Charlottesville to challenge a rally organized by right-wing extremist groups to protest the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee. In the article, Bray described Antifa as a movement with “radical pan-leftist politics of social revolution applied to fighting the far right” whose members “reject turning to the police or the state to halt the advance of white supremacy.” . . .

After his appearance on “Meet the Press,” Bray said he started receiving death threats via email and Twitter. Bray added that he has been in contact with police regarding these threats.

The next day, an article on the conservative website Campus Reform titled “Dartmouth scholar endorses Antifa violence” quoted Bray as arguing on “Meet the Press” that violence is a “legitimate response” to extremist groups, though Bray used that phrase referring to “self-defense.” Sandor Farkas ’17, the author of the Campus Reform article, attributed a passage in Bray’s Washington Post article which read “physical violence against white supremacists is both ethically justifiable and strategically effective” as Bray’s own opinion although in the article the quote is preceded by the phrase “Antifascists argue…” Farkas declined to comment for this story.

http://www.thedartmouth.com/article/2017/09/dartmouth-and-lecturer-mark-bray-at-center-of-antifa-violence-dispute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, banner1124 said:

Um no... how do you figure?  The KKK made it's legacy you know, with all those lynchings, and cross burnings and such.  How anyone could even attempt to compare the two is a complete mystery to me.

 

I'm talking about now .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ivanbalt said:

It's no different than the effort to make BLM out to be the worst domestic terrorist group ever.

LOL,ok

Ill tell you what.

Go find us links of what the KKK has done recently besides march.

Ill find some ANTIFA and BLM links.

Fair enough?

Edited by mcorioles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

I'm talking about now .

But you can't talk about now and just leave out the past.  The KKK gets the notoriety it still gets now precisely because of the rancid things they did in the past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

LOL,ok

Ill tell you what.

Go find us links of what the KKK has done recently besides march.

Ill find some ANTIFA and BLM links.

Fair enough?

Fine... and while we're looking go find us some links of the people Antifa and BLM have lynched and we'll do the same for KKK... fair enough?

Yeah, yeah, that's all in the past but it still serves to highlight just how ridiculous it is to bring up Antifa or BLM in the same sentence with the KKK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, banner1124 said:

But you can't talk about now and just leave out the past.  The KKK gets the notoriety it still gets now precisely because of the rancid things they did in the past

Not you but...............anytime someone brings up the past the usual suspects say"this is now".

 

Yeah,I get that but they've been irrelevant for how long?

Before ANTIFA what did you see when a KKK rally got press?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, banner1124 said:

Fine... and while we're looking go find us some links of the people Antifa and BLM have lynched and we'll do the same for KKK... fair enough?

Yeah, yeah, that's all in the past but it still serves to highlight just how ridiculous it is to bring up Antifa or BLM in the same sentence with the KKK.

That's a strawman argument.

How does the ACTUAL group committing VIOLENT ACTS NOW compare to the group THAT USE TO?

It doesn't.

We can't fix problems of the past ......we can fix the ones happening NOW.

How can you not see this?

 

If you want to use that logic it's a very,very slippery slope.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mcorioles said:

Not you but...............anytime someone brings up the past the usual suspects say"this is now".

 

Yeah,I get that but they've been irrelevant for how long?

Before ANTIFA what did you see when a KKK rally got press?

They aren't as relevant as they were because they aren't as in your face about it.  But believe me the KKK (and groups like them... let's not pretend like this is only about the KKK, it's about the movement that they represent and that movement is still alive and well) is still active just not nearly AS active.  And before Antifa I saw plenty about KKK rallies. Those rallies got press and there was sometimes even violence despite the absence of Antifa.  I'm sorry, but this whole trying to lump Antifa and BLM in with groups like the KKK is simply ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mcorioles said:

That's a strawman argument.

How does the ACTUAL group committing VIOLENT ACTS NOW compare to the group THAT USE TO?

It doesn't.

We can't fix problems of the past ......we can fix the ones happening NOW.

How can you not see this?

 

If you want to use that logic it's a very,very slippery slope.

 

And how, exactly, does a group of people throwing bottles and generally causing a ruckus compare in any way shape or form to a group that freaking lynched people?  Do you seriously not see how off-base the comparison is? :rolleyes:

My argument has never been about trying to fix the problems of the past, it's about putting our current problems in perspective and not completely diminishing the downright evil legacy of a group like the KKK by comparing them to groups like Antifa or BLM.

Edited by banner1124

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, banner1124 said:

They aren't as relevant as they were because they aren't as in your face about it.  But believe me the KKK (and groups like them... let's not pretend like this is only about the KKK, it's about the movement that they represent and that movement is still alive and well) is still active just not nearly AS active.  And before Antifa I saw plenty about KKK rallies. Those rallies got press and there was sometimes even violence despite the absence of Antifa.  I'm sorry, but this whole trying to lump Antifa and BLM in with groups like the KKK is simply ridiculous.

Yes,I agree if you want to look at the whole history.

Not being a **** but that is not a honest point.

BLM and ANTIFA gave been around how long compared to the KKK?

 

And as far as the KKK rallies Ive seen in the news?

1. They are small....squally a couple dozen fat rednecks and a couple of stupid 20 something recruits.

2. Usually surrounded by police looking scared because the crowds want to kill them.

 

My point is not so much BLM but 100% ANTIFA........I've never seen a peaceful ANTIFA rally.....and they don't limit their violence to just WS and the KKK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

And how, exactly, does a group of people throwing bottles and generally causing a ruckus compare in any way shape or form to a group that freaking lynched people?  Do you seriously not see how off-base the comparison is? :rolleyes:

My argument has never been about trying to fix the problems of the past, it's about putting our current problems in perspective and not completely diminishing the downright evil legacy of a group like the KKK by comparing them to groups like Antifa or BLM.

But. They.  Don't. Now.   

 

Weve ve had a good discussion so far but I can't continue if your going to bring up something the KKK did 50,80 years ago and try and use that for justification NOW that the KKK is as bad or worse than ANTIFA.

 

None if these people are probably even alive now and if so in no condition to do anything anyway.

 

 

It doesn't make sense IMO.

Yeah of course the KKK ideology is still sick I just don't see them doing anything about it anymore.

Edited by mcorioles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mcorioles said:

Yes,I agree if you want to look at the whole history.

Not being a **** but that is not a honest point.

BLM and ANTIFA gave been around how long compared to the KKK?

 

And as far as the KKK rallies Ive seen in the news?

1. They are small....squally a couple dozen fat rednecks and a couple of stupid 20 something recruits.

2. Usually surrounded by police looking scared because the crowds want to kill them.

 

My point is not so much BLM but 100% ANTIFA........I've never seen a peaceful ANTIFA rally.....and they don't limit their violence to just WS and the KKK.

I guess we're just going to have to end this discussion here because we aren't getting anywhere.  My point is completely honest, you just either don't get it or don't agree.  You completely water down the legacy of the KKK when you compare them to BLM or even Antifa.  Sure, there is pretty much always violence at Antifa rallies... but they don't kill people.  They haven't orchestrated a campaign of death and intimidation and destruction the likes of which this nation has ever seen.  And it doesn't matter how long these groups have been around because that's what the KKK was all about from day damn one.  Lynching, cross burnings, intimidation, running people out of neighborhoods, using the police force to abuse people, and the list goes on and on and one was what they were doing from their very inception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should I hold ALL Dems accountable now for their racist past?

You know they were the original Party of the KKK right?

Thats what I meant about slippery slope....

 

You could insert any scenario into that to make an argument,no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0