Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flyboy56

Antifa Handbook Author Begins Book Tour

78 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I expect Hillary has security for her book tour and so will this guy who wrote a book about antifa.

Berkeley had campus police and what did they do to protect Coulter from Antifa? 

5 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Wasn't the speech cancelled but the protest still took place.

Probably but Im sure they are ok with that.

I mean wouldn't you think those ANTIFA a holes would want people like Ann Coulter and Milo to get as much publicity and reach as many people as possible since they are evil people and promote hate and have idiotic ideas?

I know I would.

But we know why they want to do the exact opposite.

8 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Wasn't the speech cancelled but the protest still took place.

“There was no event cancelled, because it was never scheduled,” says Berkeley assistant vice chancellor Dan Mogulof. “[The student groups] signed [their own] contract with Coulter committing to a particular date without first checking with the campus about whether there was a venue actually available on that date.” The university learned that Coulter was coming to the campus on April 27 by reading about it in the newspaper.

https://alumni.berkeley.edu/california-magazine/just-in/2017-05-08/ann-coulter-berkeley-untangling-truth

5 hours ago, banner1124 said:

Notoriety and being on the DHS radar are two entirely different things.  I doubt most people had even heard of Antifa before the right started shouting that name over and over with their false equivalency nonsense.  You are completely misrepresenting what I'm posting.

Oh, and antifa is doing exactly what the klan did?  REALLY? :rolleyes:

Mixing in with counter-protestors and getting into fights or protesting things like the G20 and instigating violence is a far cry from cross burnings and lynchings.  Oh, and let me know when antifa infiltrates  government institutions like police departments.  Come on now, you already admitted that they can't be compared and yet you insist on making the comparison.  I have a feeling that has more to do with being on the opposite side of the argument with me at all costs than anything else.

Don't flatter yourself.

13 hours ago, Cameron said:

Was she injured?

Berkeley Police Criticized For ‘Hands-Off’ Approach To Violent Demonstrators

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/02/07/berkeley-police-criticized-for-hands-off-approach-to-violent-demonstrators/

Did Coulter feel safe enough to stick around and speak to the people who wanted to hear what she had to say? No. It's a sad day when someone like Ann Coutler doesn't feel safe to speak at a university like Berkeley that has always promoted diversity in thinking. Coulter is no stranger to speaking in front of tough crowds,

Edited by flyboy56

21 hours ago, banner1124 said:

And how, exactly, does a group of people throwing bottles and generally causing a ruckus compare in any way shape or form to a group that freaking lynched people?  Do you seriously not see how off-base the comparison is? :rolleyes:

My argument has never been about trying to fix the problems of the past, it's about putting our current problems in perspective and not completely diminishing the downright evil legacy of a group like the KKK by comparing them to groups like Antifa or BLM.

"A group of people throwing bottles and causing a general ruckus"? How bout a college "professor" laying open a man's skull with a bike lock? 

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/26/eric-clanton-former-calif-professor-arrested-in-vi/

I'll take, 'whattaya call a group of like-minded men shaking their sticks at perceived injustice?' for 500, Alex.

2 hours ago, volperdinger said:

"A group of people throwing bottles and causing a general ruckus"? How bout a college "professor" laying open a man's skull with a bike lock? 

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/26/eric-clanton-former-calif-professor-arrested-in-vi/

And your point?  Yeah, Antifa is a violent group we all know that... but the kind of thing you just posted is clearly and outlier.

Here we go. A conservative speaker is attempting to speak at Berkeley tonight. 

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/14/us/berkeley-ben-shapiro-speech/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+(RSS%3A+CNN+-+Top+Stories)

(CNN)The University of Berkeley faces a critical test on Thursday: Can the school prevent violence from breaking out ahead of or during a speech by conservative radio host Ben Shapiro?

The school has taken extensive security measures, including shutting down surrounding buildings and setting up a large perimeter around the hall where Shapiro is scheduled to speak at 7 p.m. (10 p.m. ET).

According to a Facebook page about the event, Shapiro's speech is entitled "Say No to Campus Thuggery."
"Mr. Shapiro will be speaking about leftist political violence, a topic that has engulfed the city of Berkeley and the University of California recently," the event page said.

This won't be Shapiro's first time speaking at UC Berkeley. He spoke there in April 2016 with little fanfare or protest. 
But this time around, protesters are expected. 

"I really don't think it has anything to do with me," Shapiro said. "I think it's anyone perceived as conservative by Antifa and radical left groups like that, is immediately called a Nazi and a fascist."

In anticipation of Thursday's event, the Berkeley City Council authorized police to use pepper spray on violent protesters, reversing a 20-year ban on the weapon, CNN affiliates reported.
UC Berkeley has also vowed to step up security measures, saying the school has learned lessons from the Yiannopoulos incident. 

"We don't intend to abandon our commitment to free speech or our commitment to the safety and well-being of our campus community," Dan Mogulof, spokesman for UC Berkeley told CNN affiliate KPIX.

He added that police will stop anyone wearing a mask and confront people acting unlawfully.
Edited by flyboy56

4 hours ago, gonzoliberal said:

I'll take, 'whattaya call a group of like-minded men shaking their sticks at perceived injustice?' for 500, Alex.

Vigilantes?

4 hours ago, gonzoliberal said:

What is blm?

3 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

What is blm?

well, that might be the case if the injustice were "perceived" instead of real

When is the last time the KKZk lynched someone.

So lame.....

Again.....no one said the KKK weren't POS.

Where does it stop?

With that logic we should cut off ties with England......after al they tried to kill us all.

Edited by mcorioles

Just now, mcorioles said:

When is the last time the KKZk lynched someone.

So lame.....

Again.....no one said the KKK weren't POS.

Yeah, you just us to believe that Antifa is just as bad when that simply isn't the case.  Oh, by the way, the KKK doesn't have to lynch anyone anymore... they just infiltrate police departments and do things all nice and legal now. Now, don't twist this post to make it seem like I'm saying this is a widespread thing, but infiltration of the police by the KKK and other white supremacists is a real thing and if you don't believe me then just check with the FBI and DHS.

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

Yeah, you just us to believe that Antifa is just as bad when that simply isn't the case.  Oh, by the way, the KKK doesn't have to lynch anyone anymore... they just infiltrate police departments and do things all nice and legal now. Now, don't twist this post to make it seem like I'm saying this is a widespread thing, but infiltration of the police by the KKK and other white supremacists is a real thing and if you don't believe me then just check with the FBI and DHS.

Wow,I'm done.

3 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Wow,I'm done.

Yeah, you should be done because your ridiculous false equivalency doesn't hold water

Oh, and here's a read about white supremacists infiltrating police departments.  Again, this is something that people subjected to the abuse of these cops have always known, and have been told they were crazy, or bs, or just making it up...

Edited by banner1124

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:42 PM, banner1124 said:

You know, if you folks weren't so hell-bent on pushing your both sides, false equivalency stuff no one would know of Antifa or give a rat's arse about them.  Y'all have managed to give them the notoriety that they were completely unable to achieve on their own

One post and thread is blown out of the water.  Snowflakes

2 hours ago, mcorioles said:

Wow,I'm done.

Don't let the door hit you where the good  lord split you

Isn't Berkeley where a trumpanzee couple outright shot a protester?

4 minutes ago, Calamari said:

Isn't Berkeley where a trumpanzee couple outright shot a protester?

Look it up ......

2 hours ago, Bawlmerian said:

One post and thread is blown out of the water.  Snowflakes

Why is that? Did a riotous group of masked conservatives shut down Mark Bray's right to free speech through violence? Please let me know if that does happen. Then you can say this thread was blown out of the water.