Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AugusteDupin

Mosby's Flaccid Crusade Thwarted

46 posts in this topic

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:57 PM, Marshan Man said:

Maybe the commish thinks it's bad practice for citizens to mysteriously die in police custody??

A complete investigation was done by SEVERAL DIFFERENT AGENCIES. The results (that the Officers were not guilty) were confirmed.

The Commissioner wanting to destroy them has nothing to do with Justice.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:49 AM, yeah said:

as he should.  i think most ppl (except cops) dont want citizens dying in cop custody.  the commissioner absolutely needs to do what he can to ensure this tragedy doesnt happen again.

I wrote: "Those Officers still have to face a trial board and it is a slam dunk that the Commissioner will destroy them!"

Again, it is not about the Commissioner ensuring it does not happen again, it is about trashing Cops to look good for his boss!

(And NO, I would not want someone dying in my custody..I can not think of a Cop that would).

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:37 PM, bmore_ken said:

So let me guess, you're a cop hater if you expect police officers to do their job properly?

Ken,

You have known me (from my posts) for years..

It is not Cop hating to expect us to do our jobs properly (and professionally), it is Cop hating when some of (not all of) the public does not believe that we Cop types are entitled to the same rights as anyone else.

29 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

A complete investigation was done by SEVERAL DIFFERENT AGENCIES. The results (that the Officers were not guilty) were confirmed.

The Commissioner wanting to destroy them has nothing to do with Justice.

Oh, so you think it's good for business to have citizens of Baltimore die in police custody? Gotcha. They deserve a raise. :rolleyes: 

2 hours ago, Lawman 27 said:

Ken,

You have known me (from my posts) for years..

It is not Cop hating to expect us to do our jobs properly (and professionally), it is Cop hating when some of (not all of) the public does not believe that we Cop types are entitled to the same rights as anyone else.

Who here has said that? Are you ok that a civilian died in police custody and no one was held responsible? Because your post I responded to implies that. "Destroy them?" Even if they're fired , they'll just move onto another department. The person that was "destroyed" is in the ground.

Edited by bmore_ken

5 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Who here has said that? Are you ok that a civilian died in police custody and no one was held responsible? Because your post I responded to implies that. "Destroy them?" Even if they're fired , they'll just move onto another department. The person that was "destroyed" is in the ground.

Ken .... you got me on ignore. fine.

I don't believe that any civilian even a known criminal should die in police custody. However, if everything is truely equal and the FACTS say that the police did nothing DELIBERATELY WRONG or did not follow the policy AT THAT TIME. So why all the angst for a two bit drug dealer. Someone who would never be anything more than a parasite and frankly a pain in the arrrse.

Here is the bottom line and something you have to get over. POOR FREDDIE RAN.....WHY?

Oh the cops looked at me so I ran....doesn't cut it.  I have cops look at me all the time and I wave ...they wave back and smile.

But then I am not a known drug runner to the police....in fact....they only know me as the white guy that sees them in the 7-11 and walks over and thanks them for their service. I even offer to buy them a cup of coffee ...which they refuse....with a smile and a thanks.

Edited by Guido2

9 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

So under your "premise" if a person committed suicide while in police custody, should the police be held responsible for that person's own demise? 

11 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

Oh, so you think it's good for business to have citizens of Baltimore die in police custody? Gotcha. They deserve a raise. :rolleyes: 

If I approached or was ordered by a police officer in a situation where i could be considered a potentially violent suspect with anything in my hands, no matter the reason,  albeit a closed or open knife, baseball bat, club, Slurpee, My Little Pony Doll or Big Mac and the officer told me to drop it, i would, in a New York second, as would most law abiding citizens. And i wouldn't think about running.  We would do our business and each would be on our way with little or no trouble. 

And i'd be alive today. 

4 minutes ago, blowboatbethesda said:

If I approached or was ordered by a police officer in a situation where i could be considered a potentially violent suspect with anything in my hands, no matter the reason,  albeit a closed or open knife, baseball bat, club, Slurpee, My Little Pony Doll or Big Mac and the officer told me to drop it, i would, in a New York second, as would most law abiding citizens. And i wouldn't think about running.  We would do our business and each would be on our way with little or no trouble. 

And i'd be alive today. 

Ahhh but the difference is that you're using logic and common sense whereas the rest who cannot comprehend logic or utilize common sense see the opposite. I said it before...compliance is key. The term "you can attract more bees with honey" means nothing to cop haters and anarchists.  

3 minutes ago, AugusteDupin said:

Ahhh but the difference is that you're using logic and common sense whereas the rest who cannot comprehend logic or utilize common sense see the opposite. I said it before...compliance is key. The term "you can attract more bees with honey" means nothing to cop haters and anarchists.  

True, and i'm deeply troubled that the devisiveness in this country is leading far too many extremists (left AND right) in our democracy to begin forging the plowshares into swords once again;  we are a much more civilized people that that,  and eventually cooler heads will prevail. 

7 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Ken .... you got me on ignore. fine.

I don't believe that any civilian even a known criminal should die in police custody. However, if everything is truely equal and the FACTS say that the police did nothing DELIBERATELY WRONG or did not follow the policy AT THAT TIME. So why all the angst for a two bit drug dealer

For the record , I don't keep you on ignore. I just refuse to respond to your comments, except on rare occasions like now. The FACTS don't say the police did nothing wrong. The facts show a civilian dies in police custody and a judge decided they weren't guilty of a crime. That's a big distinction. Two bit drug dealer or not, he was still human. Other humans like me think there's something wrong when a person dies in police custody. Questionable humans like you don't care. Unless of course it was a white meth dealer who dies , then maybe you would probably give a damn. The bigger issue with Gray's death is not that he was a drug dealer who got what he deserved(your opinion), It's that a civilian died in police custody with no repercussions.(my opinion).  Now back to ignoring the dumbness that you'll respond to this post with.

Edited by bmore_ken

2 hours ago, blowboatbethesda said:

And i'd be alive today. 

So he deserved to die in custody?

7 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

So he deserved to die in custody?

Morning Ken,

The thing is did he die while in Police Custody or did he die because he was in Police Custody?

Other OUTSIDE agencies have all agreed that he did not die at the hands of the Police.

It should be noted that these 6 Officers will not be working in law enforcement ever again either!

2 hours ago, Lawman 27 said:

Morning Ken,

The thing is did he die while in Police Custody or did he die because he was in Police Custody?

Other OUTSIDE agencies have all agreed that he did not die at the hands of the Police.

It should be noted that these 6 Officers will not be working in law enforcement ever again either!

Morning sir. The State Medical Examiner's Office declared Gray's death a homicide because officers failed to follow safety guidelines "through acts of omission," according to a copy of the report obtained by the newspaper.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2015/06/23/us/baltimore-freddie-gray-death-officers-indicted-pleas/index.html

And I disagree those officers won't be working for another agency. I guess we'll see about that. The fact is the guy died while in the custody of the police department. You can parse the semantics any way you want but it doesn't change that fact. 

Edited by bmore_ken

11 hours ago, blowboatbethesda said:

True, and i'm deeply troubled that the devisiveness in this country is leading far too many extremists (left AND right) in our democracy to begin forging the plowshares into swords once again;  we are a much more civilized people that that,  and eventually cooler heads will prevail. 

I hope so!

9 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

For the record , I don't keep you on ignore. I just refuse to respond to your comments, except on rare occasions like now. The FACTS don't say the police did nothing wrong. The facts show a civilian dies in police custody and a judge decided they weren't guilty of a crime. That's a big distinction. Two bit drug dealer or not, he was still human. Other humans like me think there's something wrong when a person dies in police custody. Questionable humans like you don't care. Unless of course it was a white meth dealer who dies , then maybe you would probably give a damn. The bigger issue with Gray's death is not that he was a drug dealer who got what he deserved(your opinion), It's that a civilian died in police custody with no repercussions.(my opinion).  Now back to ignoring the dumbness that you'll respond to this post with.

By the bolds.....

• Yes and Yes. So? That is the court system. One that twice have said the police broke no law. Both Fed and Local.
  • Anatomically yes, socially....at least by the majority standards...no. Dealing in death in little bags is not a positive social behavior.
  • I think that anyones death is wrong....especially when little bags supply it....as poor freddie did.
  • Nope absolutely wrong. I am an equal opportunity hater of crimes. I can't help it if there is little opportunity to present an equivalent opinion about white thugs.....as there are so few.
  • Never said that...you are putting words in my mouth. Now if you said that I am not crying crocodile tears over a scum bag....yah got me.
  • No repercussions.....HAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.....6 cops careers are in shatters....they are dragged through 2 courts now face an inquiry board. And maybe if your girl Mosby had a clue in the first place....maybe you would have gotten the 'pound of flesh' you seem to desire. On second thought no. Based on what I read about the Feds regarding this NOTE FEDS! Basically that her 'case' was a joke. Ohhhhhh and don't start the Trumb blah blah thing.... the investigation was started LLLLLOOoooonnnngggg before he got in office. Don't play that card....you will look silly.

On 9/13/2017 at 11:30 PM, AugusteDupin said:

It's no mystery. A court of law acquitted the officers of any wrongdoing and the DOJ, in case you haven't read it, found that there was no evidence to prove the officers willfully violated the rights of Fred Gray.

I'm always amused when ardent supporters of whatever a police officer does, legal or illegal, ethical or not, defends them when they are rarely held to account for their actions and manage to escape justice by uttering the words "...a court of law found them not guilty..." Like that result actually reflects what happened. How many times did Al Capone escape being found guilty? He didn't do it either? Or John Gotti (The teflon Don). He was also not guilty all those times the court couldn't convict him? That defense is transparent just like the court that found those men not guilty in the brutal murder and mutilation of the child Emmett Till those years ago. Would you support those defendants also? Sounds like you would. Yet, in that case, in hindsight and history, we all now know they were in fact guilty!

13 hours ago, igbompi said:

I'm always amused when ardent supporters of whatever a police officer does, legal or illegal, ethical or not, defends them when they are rarely held to account for their actions and manage to escape justice by uttering the words "...a court of law found them not guilty..." Like that result actually reflects what happened. How many times did Al Capone escape being found guilty? He didn't do it either? Or John Gotti (The teflon Don). He was also not guilty all those times the court couldn't convict him? That defense is transparent just like the court that found those men not guilty in the brutal murder and mutilation of the child Emmett Till those years ago. Would you support those defendants also? Sounds like you would. Yet, in that case, in hindsight and history, we all now know they were in fact guilty!

What's transparent is your lack of understanding of how the criminal justice system works. What's amusing is how you believe you actually know what happened. Especially the comparison of the Emmett Till case. That's farcical. You were there huh? You know without a shadow of doubt huh....? You definitely win post of the week with that statement. 

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:14 PM, igbompi said:

Exactly, Freddie died from police brutality.  Not securing someone and driving recklessly through the streets of Baltimore and making sharp turns, would kill anybody in police custody.  But trying to explain that to the police defenders is useless. 

On 9/19/2017 at 10:43 PM, blowboatbethesda said:

Bartender! Another round of Opium for all !! :D

33 minutes ago, bogart said:

Exactly, Freddie died from police brutality.  Not securing someone and driving recklessly through the streets of Baltimore and making sharp turns, would kill anybody in police custody.  But trying to explain that to the police defenders is useless. 

Don't be a criminal....then you don't have to deal with the police in any way or fashion.

Easy as that.

BTW....do you put your seat belt on in the car all the time......ohhhhh that is right....you rely on public transportation. Do some productive....hassle them for seat belts in the buses.

Stop making excuses for anti-social behavior that the police have to deal with day in and day out.

BTW if he needed to run there are plenty of tracks around.