Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RavingManiac

Trade Looming

8 posts in this topic

I see the Ravens just created some cap space by restructuring Brandon Williams contract. I know most of you would like to see a trade for an offensive lineman but I thought they looked pretty good. Adrian Peterson can't be happy in New Orlrans with such very little action he got vs his old team. He would immediately become our feature back. My guess is AP.

Could there be another reason a team would create cap space during the season other than a trade?

Perhaps, with Woodhead out 6-8 weeks, they are in the market for a fullback.

This doesn't suggest a major move at all. My guess is that it was done in order to create a bit more of a cushion in the event of more injuries. It should also be noted that this restructure was done before Sunday's game, so any injuries suffered that day (i.e. Danny Woodhead) did not factor into the equation.

There's also the case of Kyle Arrington, who was released on July 5, and could claim the Injury Protection Benefit he would appear to be entitled to receive. If he can prove that he is no longer able to play due to concussion symptoms he's been suffering since last summer's training camp, he could collect compensation totaling just over $1 million. The Ravens have to be mindful of just such a possibility and be ready to accommodate the cap hit should Arrington file such a claim.

I have no idea which way they'll go, but I agree, something is in the wind with that William's contract restructure.

As much as I love Woodhead, I think he is another Pitta, right down to the non-contact injuries.

Sorry, wish I could be more optimistic.

3 minutes ago, mikemor1 said:

I have no idea which way they'll go, but I agree, something is in the wind with that William's contract restructure.

As much as I love Woodhead, I think he is another Pitta, right down to the non-contact injuries.

Sorry, wish I could be more optimistic.

That's okay, Mike. You're plenty optimistic.

;)

11 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

That's okay, Mike. You're plenty optimistic.

;)

Thanks OCF!  :D

6 minutes ago, mikemor1 said:

Thanks OCF!  :D

Any time. In fact, you're one of the few posters here who's actually more optimistic than I am.

;)