Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Persepolis

College Park City Council Grants Voting Rights to Non-US Citizens

122 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2017 at 6:43 PM, bmore_ken said:

It's my way of saying non citizens voting in Montgomery County hasn't affected your life , why would non citizen voters in College Park? For the record I don't care either way. If someone proposes it in Baltimore County I'll have a reason to care. 

I agree with what you say....does what happen in MC or CP effect 'the you'. At the moment ...no. However, what those things do do is set a legal precedent for some numb-nut or group with an ax.....to say 'hey....it has been done there....it should be done here.'

And... here.... we...... gooooo!

It is a variation of the camels nose in the tent. IMHO.

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2017 at 7:15 AM, bmore_ken said:

I don't need to read your crap to know the feds don't run state and local elections. 

I never said the Feds run state and local elections. Maybe if you learned how to comprehend what you're reading, you wouldn't have a problem understanding the law. This is clearly over your head as been previously proven. Stop twisting words around to hide your incapacity to read. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's only a matter of time before Baltimore enacts something similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Manny said:

It's only a matter of time before Baltimore enacts something similar.

Because Baltimore is technically a county that is not possible.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

Because Baltimore is technically a county that is not possible.  

Don't confuse Manny with pesky factual details. You just ruined his dig at Baltimore City. 

Edited by bmore_ken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

I never said the Feds run state and local elections. Maybe if you learned how to comprehend what you're reading, you wouldn't have a problem understanding the law. This is clearly over your head as been previously proven. Stop twisting words around to hide your incapacity to read. 

State and local laws govern state and local elections. That's the fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bmore_ken said:

State and local laws govern state and local elections. That's the fact. 

I never said the contrary. Reading is fundamental. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AugusteDupin said:

I never said the contrary. Reading is fundamental. 

Well that was the point I made to your buddy so I don't know what the hell your problem is with me. It's obsession I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Well that was the point I made to your buddy so I don't know what the hell your problem is with me. It's obsession I guess. 

Oh now you were referring to "my buddy". Got it.... I see.... -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old saying.......Never count your chickens before they hatch......and....The devil is in the details

I am sure there is going to be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth on this one.......

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-college-park-voting-20170916-story.html

The College Park City Council voted 4-3 with one member abstaining Tuesday night on an amendment to the city’s charter that would allow noncitizens to vote in municipal elections. But charter amendments need six votes of the eight-member council, the city announced Saturday.

Nice snag earlier Sprightly! Just a back up post  here.

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The council had planned to vote on the proposal in August but threats against council members pushed the vote back.

What?  They had to delay a vote because of threats? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2017 at 5:17 PM, Sprightly said:

They are Democrats.  If needed, they figure the courts will have their back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2017 at 1:16 PM, Bawlmerian said:

Because Baltimore is technically a county that is not possible.  

I am sure some Maryland judge would unilaterally try to get past that hurdle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Manny said:

I am sure some Maryland judge would unilaterally try to get past that hurdle.

 

 I doubt it but you be sure and keep an eye out for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The folks I know from CP are long-time residents, or "townies".

Most are quietly furious and will vote the idiots on the city council and Mayor Patrick Wojahn out at the earliest opportunity.

The liberals are also furious for looking so foolish and bush league. So they are pretty much toast every way you look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scaggsville said:

The folks I know from CP are long-time residents, or "townies".

Most are quietly furious and will vote the idiots on the city council and Mayor Patrick Wojahn out at the earliest opportunity.

The liberals are also furious for looking so foolish and bush league. So they are pretty much toast every way you look at it.

And when are you getting to the bad part? I look at politicians much like i do compost....you have to constantly flip it in order to get what you want.

Hmmm that reminds me .... I better get out there and do that before the rains come. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bawlmerian said:

 

 I doubt it but you be sure and keep an eye out for that.

Democrat judges make up rules as they go along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2017 at 4:03 PM, RileyMartin said:

The results have already been downloaded and can be found in The Coming of Tan the Millennium Edition on sale for $20.00.

Targzissians cannot vote 

Is such knowledge downloaded via anal probes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, edb said:

Is such knowledge downloaded via anal probes?

Clearly you have no idea what probe means.  But your poor, clunky attempt at humor reveals you are homophobic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RileyMartin said:

Clearly you have no idea what probe means.  But your poor, clunky attempt at humor reveals you are homophobic.

Phobic? I'm not scared of gay people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:37 PM, Bawlmerian said:

Your suggestion that we eliminate a problem by eliminating the law/regulation that made it illegal is ridiculous. 

 

Maybe we could eliminate illegal guns by getting rid of all of the gun laws. 

https://www.metro.us/news/local-news/philadelphia/daca-activists-mayor-kenney-help

Or maybe illegal aliens should not be required to carry insurance or register their vehicles. 

 

 

The idiot that caused my motorcycle crash in 2016 was uninsured. I am still using a cane and getting ready for my third surgery. He was an immigrant,(not sure if he was legal or not,)but his license was suspended, and my insurance company can't locate him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0