Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Persepolis

College Park City Council Grants Voting Rights to Non-US Citizens

123 posts in this topic

On 9/18/2017 at 7:26 PM, Manny said:

Democrat judges make up rules as they go along.

but but but....... I thought  that judges were supposed to be above politics.,....I mean.....geee.... that is why they couldn't attend the meeting that Hogan called.....the could get involved with that.... Right RIGHT? HAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAH

Further, I would like to say that Republican judges  do also.....but gee..... there doesn't seem to be any. Hmmmmmm wonder why? :D

For the slow... that was sarcasm. Not you Manny.

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

but but but....... I thought  that judges were supposed to be above politics.,....I mean.....geee.... that is why they couldn't attend the meeting that Hogan called.....the could get involved with that.... Right RIGHT? HAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAH

Further, I would like to say that Republican judges  do also.....but gee..... there doesn't seem to be any. Hmmmmmm wonder why? :D

For the slow... that was sarcasm. Not you Manny.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/2003/12/17/ehrlich-appoints-attorney-2-prosecutors-to-judgeships/447bad54-c851-4d81-b303-f96d13585c21/?utm_term=.e76bfe2effc8

But but but you a re responding to a statement not backed up by any facts

1 hour ago, Bawlmerian said:

Ohhhh wow.... you are correct a whole out of...................39 pages of judges....well whoop the dooo........... I tried checking Hogan appointments but the 'news feed' for that is down. But I sort of eyeballed a google and maybe he has added 10 at best at all levels.

So.....14 individuals vs 39 pages....so take away one page or two....I am feeling generous. That leaves 37 pages of Dem appointments.

http://www.mdcourts.gov/hr/pdfs/judges_list_external.pdf

but but but...........your up......:D

Edited by Guido2

I am still waiting for you two to show me that Democrat judges make up the law and Republicans do not. 

IMHO partisan blinders (by any/either side) are not a sign of intelligence

43 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

I am still waiting for you two to show me that Democrat judges make up the law and Republicans do not. 

Ahhhh first off....I never said that (and who is this other person?) I don't know I they did or didn't.

Now Manny said;

On 9/18/2017 at 7:26 PM, Manny said:

Democrat judges make up rules as they go along.

I simply rattled off a breakdown of Appointed Judges. Now.....lets say everything being equal.....ALL judges make up the rules. Now ....by simple deduction and math. When you have 39 pages of judges....maybe 2 are Rep. appointed. Wellll hmmmmm roughly that is well over 90% of all judges that ...as stated....make up the law as they go.

Which happen to be Dems.

Case dismissed.

Since this is an overwhelmingly democratic state the right thing to do is to compare it to republican judges at large. 

1 minute ago, Bawlmerian said:

Since this is an overwhelmingly democratic state the right thing to do is to compare it to republican judges at large. 

Hey if it floats your boat......have at it.

I made my point. I am a happy camper.

1 hour ago, Bawlmerian said:

Amen sir. 

7 hours ago, Bawlmerian said:

Republican Judges are known for going against their side. Liberal judges stay on the plantation almost 100% of the time.

19 minutes ago, Manny said:

Republican Judges are known for going against their side. Liberal judges stay on the plantation almost 100% of the time.

Cool story bro.  Any facts or just alt/nazi talking points?

9 hours ago, Bawlmerian said:

Cool story bro.  Any facts or just alt/nazi talking points?

10 hours ago, Manny said:

Raise the victory flag Manny.....he has gone into name calling (squeak squeak) and impossible 'facts' mode....sure sign of defeat.

Just now, Guido2 said:

Raise the victory flag Manny.....he has gone into name calling (squeak squeak) and impossible 'facts' mode....sure sign of defeat.

If it is impossible to post facts it is a white flag that he should be raising.  Although that is clearly his favorite color

15 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

If it is impossible to post facts it is a white flag that he should be raising.  Although that is clearly his favorite color

While I agree his statement was more of an IMO. It is is not hard to surmmize that the more liberal demo appointed judges while not necessaraily 'making up the law' as they go......well they sure and heck seem to stretch it to it's breaking point of being outside of those laws.

For example.....lets lake a look at the 'catch and release' mode the they are almost always in ....even for criminals with rap sheets a mile long.

Hmmmmm maybe the law thingy is not at issue. What is issue is a total lack of common sense (or what we deem is) in many cases.

How many times have we read in the newspaper (and with matts help) read a given criminal has been arrested XX times say for gun charges or even worse attempted man slaughter and is out early. And he is once again in court for gun charges (or worse) and the judge says....'well.... no bail necessary or minimal.....but you have to be a good boy or else'. Then....And he is once again in court for gun charges (or worse) and the judge says....'well.... no bail necessary or minimal....but you have to be a good boy or else'. Then...,And he is once again in court for gun charges (or worse) and the judge says....'well.... no bail necessary or minimal....but you have to be a good boy or else'. ETC......

IMO

No my cut and paste button didn't stick...................

Edited by Guido2

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

While I agree his statement was more of an IMO. It is is not hard to surmmize that the more liberal demo appointed judges while not necessaraily 'making up the law' as they go......well they sure and heck seem to stretch it to it's breaking point of being outside of those laws.

For example.....lets lake a look at the 'catch and release' mode the they are almost always in ....even for criminals with rap sheets a mile long.

Hmmmmm maybe the law thingy is not at issue. What is issue is a total lack of common sense (or what we deem is) in many cases.

How many times have we read in the newspaper (and with matts help) read a given criminal has been arrested XX times say for gun charges or even worse attempted man slaughter and is out early. And he is once again in court for gun charges (or worse) and the judge says....'well.... no bail.....but you have to be a good boy or else'. Then....And he is once again in court for gun charges (or worse) and the judge says....'well.... no bail.....but you have to be a good boy or else'. Then,And he is once again in court for gun charges (or worse) and the judge says....'well.... no bail.....but you have to be a good boy or else'. ETC......

No my cut and paste button didn't stick...................

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZTcCp8eYEyI/Sl6iADfvtsI/AAAAAAAAAFk/WINbXri3E1U/s1600-h/SC-federal.JPG

There is a very simple explanation for why a conservative may be activist and a liberal statist–the state of the law. The Warren Court wanted to overturn precedents, and so it ruled laws passed by Congress and (especially) state legislatures unconstitutional. And as the Court of that era slowly and sometimes not-so-slowly changed the law, the justices by definition needed to be less activist as the state of the law became more amenable to their views–precisely because they had changed the law.But guess what? The Rehnquist Court did the same thing, as Republican-appointed justices found the laws passed by state legislatures and (especially) Congress during the years of the Great Society and thereafter to be out of line with the political and judicial philosophies they brought to the bench. Accordingly, they ruled to change the law too. Or–if we can pause a moment to act like adults and not be cowed by scary phrases devised by Federalist Society types to be used incessantly during hearings like the one presently underway to confirm Sonia Sotomayor–the Rehnquist Court trafficked heavily in “judge-made law.”The two figures in this post are created from data compiled by Syracuse University political scientist Thomas Keck for his book, The Most Activist Supreme Court in History.That most activist Court? A: The Late Rehnquist Court, which in terms of the annual average number of federal statutes overturned by the Court ranks first. Though I only show data from the Roosevelt Court forward, Late Rehnquist has the highest score of any Court era going back to the days of John Jay. So much for modern conservatives’ deference to legislatures and the disdain for “judge-made” law.

3 hours ago, Guido2 said:

And him and his ilk have went crying over my avatar again. And they wonder why they are called snowflakes. So my new one is dedicated to them.

Edited by Manny

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

Were talking about MD here. State appointees.

That is not what Manny said "Democrat judges make up rules as they go along"

3 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

That is not what Manny said "Democrat judges make up rules as they go along"

Hate to burst your bubble..........................read the Title.....College Park is where? Focus is MD....and this is a local thread.

I rest my case. ;)

6 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Hate to burst your bubble..........................read the Title.....College Park is where? Focus is MD....and this is a local thread.

I rest my case. ;)

I think you've been resting for a long time 

22 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

I think you've been resting for a long time 

Thank you for the surrender. Lets move on. :D

This is funny.

"On Sept. 12, the City Council and mayor of College Park voted to give noncitizens the right to cast a vote in all municipal elections.

When the council finally voted on the amendment, four members were in favor of it, three were opposed, and one abstained. The measure passed much to the satisfaction of the mayor and victorious aldermen.

It was a day or two after the celebrating and back slapping before someone mentioned that this same group of aldermen, along with this same mayor, had passed a new charter amendment just a few months earlier that required six votes for future charter amendments to be approved. In other words the new amendment had not passed after all, as it had only received four votes. The group of high level city leaders admitted that they had forgotten this new amendment."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bs-ed-op-1006-dumbest-town-20171004-story.html

19 hours ago, Struds said:

This is funny.

"On Sept. 12, the City Council and mayor of College Park voted to give noncitizens the right to cast a vote in all municipal elections.

When the council finally voted on the amendment, four members were in favor of it, three were opposed, and one abstained. The measure passed much to the satisfaction of the mayor and victorious aldermen.

It was a day or two after the celebrating and back slapping before someone mentioned that this same group of aldermen, along with this same mayor, had passed a new charter amendment just a few months earlier that required six votes for future charter amendments to be approved. In other words the new amendment had not passed after all, as it had only received four votes. The group of high level city leaders admitted that they had forgotten this new amendment."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bs-ed-op-1006-dumbest-town-20171004-story.html

So they twist a few arms and vote again.

Doesn't help them looking dumb.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:12 PM, Scaggsville said:

The folks I know from CP are long-time residents, or "townies".

Most are quietly furious and will vote the idiots on the city council and Mayor Patrick Wojahn out at the earliest opportunity.

The liberals are also furious for looking so foolish and bush league. So they are pretty much toast every way you look at it.

I was wrong about Mayor Wojahn.

He won pretty soundly.

College Park

Mayor
S.H. Tom Chen — 351
Mary C. Cook — 572
Lalzarliani H. Malsawma — 98
Patrick L. Wojahn* — 1,495