Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heisenberg

Trump FEMA Nominee Withdraws After NBC Questions on Falsified Records

26 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

"Given the distraction this will cause the Agency in a time when they cannot afford to lose focus, I have withdrawn from my nomination," the former nominee, Daniel A. Craig, said in an email to NBC News."

"The investigation, jointly conducted by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Inspector General, concluded there was insufficient evidence that Craig had violated conflict-of-interest laws in the awarding of huge FEMA contracts in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, according to a 2011 report that has never been made public but which was reviewed by NBC News."

SMH

4 minutes ago, workerbee said:

SMH

SMH indeed. It's amazing how many people in Trump's administration have serious conflict of interest or other ethical issues.

7 minutes ago, workerbee said:

"Given the distraction this will cause the Agency in a time when they cannot afford to lose focus, I have withdrawn from my nomination," the former nominee, Daniel A. Craig, said in an email to NBC News."

"The investigation, jointly conducted by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Inspector General, concluded there was insufficient evidence that Craig had violated conflict-of-interest laws in the awarding of huge FEMA contracts in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, according to a 2011 report that has never been made public but which was reviewed by NBC News."

SMH

I'm sure this was an innocent oversight on your part, but you forgot to cut and paste this part.

"But the investigation revealed conduct by Craig, specifically falsification of records, that could have become a major stumbling block in his confirmation by the Senate." 

Which is really funny because it was directly after the part you did cut and paste. Oh well, we all make mistakes once in a while. 

5 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

SMH indeed. It's amazing how many people in Trump's administration have serious conflict of interest or other ethical issues.

It's a fibbers paradise. 

9 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

I'm sure this was an innocent oversight on your part, but you forgot to cut and paste this part.

"But the investigation revealed conduct by Craig, specifically falsification of records, that could have become a major stumbling block in his confirmation by the Senate." 

Which is really funny because it was directly after the part you did cut and paste. Oh well, we all make mistakes once in a while. 

No mistake.  Bottom line...  "The investigation, jointly conducted by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Inspector General, concluded there was insufficient evidence that Craig had violated conflict-of-interest laws in the awarding of huge FEMA contracts in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, according to a 2011 report that has never been made public but which was reviewed by NBC News."  but... but... but...! LOL

1 minute ago, workerbee said:

No mistake.  Bottom line...  "The investigation, jointly conducted by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Inspector General, concluded there was insufficient evidence that Craig had violated conflict-of-interest laws in the awarding of huge FEMA contracts in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, according to a 2011 report that has never been made public but which was reviewed by NBC News."  but... but... but...! LOL

Yes mistake. Bottom line.... "But the investigation revealed conduct by Craig, specifically falsification of records, that could have become a major stumbling block in his confirmation by the Senate."  but... but... but...! LOL

4 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Yes mistake. Bottom line.... "But the investigation revealed conduct by Craig, specifically falsification of records, that could have become a major stumbling block in his confirmation by the Senate."  but... but... but...! LOL

Says NBC news trying do whatever NBC news is trying to do.  No mistake.  
"Given the distraction this will cause the Agency in a time when they cannot afford to lose focus, I have withdrawn from my nomination," the former nominee, Daniel A. Craig, said in an email to NBC News."  Good man.

"Given the distraction this will cause the Agency in a time when they cannot afford to lose focus, I have withdrawn from my nomination," the former nominee, Daniel A. Craig, said in an email to NBC News."  Good man.

I'm proud of him for admitting his mistakes. Not many on here ever do. 

11 minutes ago, workerbee said:

Right.  This is right there with people stepping down when scandal looms, to "spend more time with my family".

He sure can pick 'em. 

It's worthwhile reading the whole article.  This guy has a real problem with falsifying reports. 

Edited by ms maggie

Just now, ms maggie said:

Right.  This is right there with people stepping down when scandal looms, to "spend more time with my family".

He sure can pick 'em. 

You could look at it that way.  I prefer ... we have two disasters here FEMA is trying to cope with.  That is more important. But I could be wrong!  Maybe one more investigation will get him.

Forget immigrants from certain countries, Trump needs to perform extreme vetting on his own nominees.

2 minutes ago, workerbee said:

You could look at it that way.  I prefer ... we have two disasters here FEMA is trying to cope with.  That is more important. But I could be wrong!  Maybe one more investigation will get him.

Yes, you are wrong.

So why did Trump wait til August to nominate this guy? Hurricane season starts in June.

And when you have the unparallelled amount of money being funneled through FEMA for these two storms, the last thing you want is someone whose integrity is questionable.  (Read the whole article, especially the DHS IG report stuff, this bird is a real piece of work). 

16 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Yes, you are wrong.

So why did Trump wait til August to nominate this guy? Hurricane season starts in June.

And when you have the unparallelled amount of money being funneled through FEMA for these two storms, the last thing you want is someone whose integrity is questionable.  (Read the whole article, especially the DHS IG report stuff, this bird is a real piece of work). 

You mean NBC News interpretation of the DHS IG stuff?  
Bottom line... "The investigation, jointly conducted by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Inspector General, concluded there was insufficient evidence that Craig had violated conflict-of-interest laws in the awarding of huge FEMA contracts in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina,"

Edited by workerbee

3 minutes ago, workerbee said:

You mean NBC News interpretation of the DHS IG stuff?  
Bottom line... "The investigation, jointly conducted by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Inspector General, concluded there was insufficient evidence that Craig had violated conflict-of-interest laws in the awarding of huge FEMA contracts in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina,"

You didn't read the whole article obviously.  Not enough to charge with conflict of interest, but lots of other stuff, falsifying expenses, disregarding one year cooling off period required of DHS employees, more like that. And attributed. 

31 minutes ago, workerbee said:

What does that have to do with anything?  I guess since we have 2 disasters looming we should just look the other way and accept anyone trump nominates to head FEMA regardless of his past... is THAT what you're saying?

5 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

What does that have to do with anything?  I guess since we have 2 disasters looming we should just look the other way and accept anyone trump nominates to head FEMA regardless of his past... is THAT what you're saying?

"David Paulison, the agency’s top-ranking official, who told NBC News he secretly recorded Craig at the FBI's request after federal investigators informed him of the potential conflict-of-interest violation, the report said. In the recorded conversation, Craig told Paulison he had done nothing wrong and denied that their dinner had violated the one-year lobbying ban, according to the report.

Paulison told NBC News that the report’s description of his conversations with investigators was accurate regarding his 2006 dinner with Craig, but said that he could not comment on the investigation’s other findings since he had not seen the report.

"Dan was a great employee when he worked for me, very bright, a hard worker," Paulison said in an interview before Craig withdrew. "I hope he gets through his nomination — I think he would be a good asset to FEMA.""

What I'm saying... or more importantly... the hit piece... articles says itself.  "The investigation, jointly conducted by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Inspector General, concluded there was insufficient evidence that Craig had violated conflict-of-interest laws in the awarding of huge FEMA contracts in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina," 
Meanwhile back at the ranch... FEMA getting kudos for it's response to Harvey and Irma.  But there is still time!

"David Paulison, the agency’s top-ranking official, who told NBC News he secretly recorded Craig at the FBI's request after federal investigators informed him of the potential conflict-of-interest violation, the report said. In the recorded conversation, Craig told Paulison he had done nothing wrong and denied that their dinner had violated the one-year lobbying ban, according to the report.

Paulison told NBC News that the report’s description of his conversations with investigators was accurate regarding his 2006 dinner with Craig, but said that he could not comment on the investigation’s other findings since he had not seen the report.

"Dan was a great employee when he worked for me, very bright, a hard worker," Paulison said in an interview before Craig withdrew. "I hope he gets through his nomination — I think he would be a good asset to FEMA.""

What I'm saying... or more importantly... the hit piece... articles says itself.  "The investigation, jointly conducted by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Inspector General, concluded there was insufficient evidence that Craig had violated conflict-of-interest laws in the awarding of huge FEMA contracts in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina," 
Meanwhile back at the ranch... FEMA getting kudos for it's response to Harvey and Irma.  But there is still time!

Yeah, and that same article also said:

You know, that part you keep ignoring despite it having been pointed out to you again and again.  And here I thought you'd fallen as far as you could :rolleyes:

Just now, banner1124 said:

Yeah, and that same article also said:

You know, that part you keep ignoring despite it having been pointed out to you again and again.  And here I thought you'd fallen as far as you could :rolleyes:

And he was charged with...?

Another one bites the dust.

This Administration sure knows how to pick 'em

Just now, EgyptKang said:

Another one bites the dust.

This Administration sure knows how to pick 'em

When they actually get around to picking them.

2 minutes ago, workerbee said:

Where did anyone say he was charged with anything?  Way to really move the goalposts.

By the way, (and sorry everyone for bringing this up) Hillary Clinton was never charged with anything but that hasn't stopped you and your ilk from trying to pretend like she's the greatest criminal mind since Lex Luthor.  Funny how not having been charged with anything suddenly means a lot more to you :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, workerbee said:

I don't know why you have you knickers in a knot over this.

He didn't want to go through the confirmation process. If he is such a wonderful candidate, why would his confirmation be a distraction to the agency? 

6 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Where did anyone say he was charged with anything?  Way to really move the goalposts.

By the way, (and sorry everyone for bringing this up) Hillary Clinton was never charged with anything but that hasn't stopped you and your ilk from trying to pretend like she's the greatest criminal mind since Lex Luthor.  Funny how not having been charged with anything suddenly means a lot more to you :rolleyes:

Ahhh yes... but she should have been charged!  Relax my friend.  FEMA preforming well, people are being helped who actually need it and NBC gets to knock the president.  Is this a great country or what?