Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DisaptdDon

Loyola Dons

354 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sorry, the number is actually north of $300k, Mrs Poggi's pockets are very deep. Don't forget the coaching staff are all paid a salary as well. If they could move the whole school to Port Covington, go national with K Plank behind them, then you will have something. Besides K Plank could use the stock boost that an inner city feel good story could provide.

Edited by EaglePride

26 minutes ago, jbmad said:

You can add SJC in that group

Don’t care what SJC does.  They’re from DC.  They can play GIL, McD, SFA & OLGC, too.

21 minutes ago, EaglePride said:

Sorry, the number is actually north of $300k, Mrs Poggi's pockets are very deep. Don't forget the coaching staff are all paid a salary as well. If they could move the whole school to Port Covington, go national with K Plank behind them, then you will have something. Besides K Plank could use the stock boost that an inner city feel good story could provide.

I still don’t believe the $300K number for players.  I’d still say it’s BS and the coaches’ salaries have nothing to do with where the players are from.

$300k is actually low considering 20-30 endowed, 4 year scholly's. They do teach math over there at CHC don't they.

2 hours ago, EaglePride said:

$300k is actually low considering 20-30 endowed, 4 year scholly's. They do teach math over there at CHC don't they.

Might be low if they're actually buying textbooks these days (they were having classes with like 8 shared textbooks and no teachers edition three years ago). 

4 hours ago, EaglePride said:

Plank is a St John's grad and is pouring a ton of money into them. Not sure why guys keep thinking he's going to adopt SFA. 

9 minutes ago, Oldtime said:

Plank is a St John's grad and is pouring a ton of money into them. Not sure why guys keep thinking he's going to adopt SFA. 

He's already got plenty into SFA as well

11 minutes ago, Oldtime said:

Stop talking, you have no idea what you’re talking about. They already are in works with each other. 

40 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Stop talking, you have no idea what you’re talking about. They already are in works with each other. 

Says the guy that claimed the Gilman OC from Georgia was going to show us an offense like we've never seen, because he won a state championship in Ga. 

1 hour ago, jbmad said:

He's already got plenty into SFA as well

Have you seen the facilities at SJC that he is personally responsible for?  At best SFA will be a step child if anything. 

1 hour ago, Oldtime said:

Have you seen the facilities at SJC that he is personally responsible for?  At best SFA will be a step child if anything. 

Yeah I work right around the corner and my son played there twice

3 hours ago, Oldtime said:

They have a page in the SJC program on Plank and the $ 16 Million donation to St. Johns. He graduated from St. John's. SFA is definitely the step child and not gonna be the fave any time soon. How many dollars shy of the $ 16M do you think they are? $ 15.9M?

11 hours ago, jbmad said:

Yeah I work right around the corner and my son played there twice

So how do you compare what he has done at SJC vs SFA? 

1 hour ago, Oldtime said:

Where did I compare anything, just said he is invested in SFA also and more to come

14 hours ago, Oldtime said:

Says the guy that claimed the Gilman OC from Georgia was going to show us an offense like we've never seen, because he won a state championship in Ga. 

No hitting below the belt....'cept if The DayWalker does it.

20 hours ago, EaglePride said:

Agreed STF should actually go independent. They are not really challenging themselves save McD by staying in the MIAA. No other MIAA school will drop $300k a year to buy a team of kids from all over just to win FB games. Nor will they renovate townhomes for use as dormitories and accept kids regardless of GPA and their willingness to pay tuition. Bottom line is Biff is coaching a team of all star studs (real easy to coach and win games in the MIAA with that kind of talent). What would be impressive is if they played an all independent, national schedule and continued to dominate. Let Biff's wife pay for 50 kids and coaches to travel all over the US, that would be impressive.  

19 hours ago, EaglePride said:

18 hours ago, EaglePride said:

You come up with the number of $300K a year for players, I disagree, then you add coaches’ salaries in the mix before questioning my math teachers at Calvert Hall.  Pathetic.

Let’s say that SFA’s average yearly tuition and fees bill is $9,200 per year.  Multiply that by 30 players and you get $276K per year. Multiply that by 4 years and you get $1.104M.  

Your moving of the goal post still doesn’t absolve you of making your original and unsubstantiated claim that SFA is bringing in 30+ “kids from all over”.

I don’t know what Biff is financing at SFA now but It’s highly likely that he spent more in one average yr at Gilman on players as has McDonogh during their MIAA arms race.  Where was the faux concern over lack of competition in the league outside of Gilman & McDonogh then?

If you call out SFA to leave the league, I say call out Gilman & McDonogh, too.  Kick all three schools out for football only and let them chase that mythical national championship.

2 hours ago, Oldtime said:

1 hour ago, jbmad said:

Where did I compare anything, just said he is invested in SFA also and more to come

You said Plank had already invested "plenty" into SFA. It will never compare to what he's done at SJC. 

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

No hitting below the belt....'cept if The DayWalker does it.

Learning from the best, Vamp!  

3 hours ago, Oldtime said:

You said Plank had already invested "plenty" into SFA. It will never compare to what he's done at SJC. 

Yeah but you are the one comparing not me

How good is MSJ?  They were rolling along before last week's blowout to CH.

12 minutes ago, DisaptdDon said:

How good is MSJ?  They were rolling along before last week's blowout to CH.

Much better than Loyola. 

Tough to say with a 35-7 score but was not impressed by MSJ and thought LB played hard but made too many errors.  The jury is still out on the triple option mid way through the season.

Just look at the tape.  Glad Evan Boozer signed with Temple.  Well deserved.  College coaches will not be looking closely at LB based on this years performance.

26 minutes ago, DisaptdDon said:

Just look at the tape.  Glad Evan Boozer signed with Temple.  Well deserved.  College coaches will not be looking closely at LB based on this years performance.

I feel sorry for Evan this year, kid puts in hard work and a great kid. He needs to put on some weight though in college.  

6 hours ago, DisaptdDon said:

Tough to say with a 35-7 score but was not impressed by MSJ and thought LB played hard but made too many errors.  The jury is still out on the triple option mid way through the season.

Played hard and lost to a team that was not impressive 35-7.. does not say much for LB.