Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DisaptdDon

Loyola Dons

385 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

All from my research on Maxpreps. 

????

More concerning news from LB.  OL coach resigned immediately and another player left the JV.  Not sure what is going on but I have heard that many of the players and asst coaches are not happy with the HC and OC.  No confidence in new offense and general approach to the boys.  Not a good situation in a losing situation and not the prescription for rebuilding the program.  Many complaints falling on deaf ears

You mean the varsity OL coach quit after the last game!!!!!   WoW

madman, what's going on....

Edited by DayWalker

The way the O Line was playing, probably not a bad thing. My guess is Coach Z will take the O Line duties over.

21 minutes ago, DisaptdDon said:

More concerning news from LB.  OL coach resigned immediately and another player left the JV.  Not sure what is going on but I have heard that many of the players and asst coaches are not happy with the HC and OC.  No confidence in new offense and general approach to the boys.  Not a good situation in a losing situation and not the prescription for rebuilding the program.  Many complaints falling on deaf ears

You will see a number of those JV players transfer to other MIAA schools. Their second best player who was a baller last year as a 9th grader, Ty Trinh, opted to not play this year. If he doesn’t run track, where he’s a serious talent, expect to see him at another school next year. More than likely Gilman, because of their track program. 

Loyola is in serious trouble for the future. As an administration, alumni and parents, this has to be addressed ASAP! 

Regardless of what happens on the field or within the building, LB football has been set back 10 years by these "do nothing" board members, Keeney, Day and Marriachi. They are to blame plain and simple. Even if they saw the light and actually supported the FB program, LB will be digging out of a hole for several years. Just sad. But hey, there always water polo and friggin volleyball.

I have nothing to do with this, especially privates.  Take me off your list of do nothings.....   :(

17 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

.... Their second best player who was a baller last year as a 9th grader, Ty Trinh, opted to not play this year. If he doesn’t run track, where he’s a serious talent, expect to see him at another school next year. More than likely Gilman.....

And Ty will instantly go from being the 2nd best player on the worse football team in the MIAA to one of a lot of the best player in the state at whatever position(s) Gilman shoe horn him in.  Yep, no doubt he will be "special -- the real deal" then....  No Doubt  :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

You will see a number of those JV players transfer to other MIAA schools. Their second best player who was a baller last year as a 9th grader, Ty Trinh, opted to not play this year. If he doesn’t run track, where he’s a serious talent, expect to see him at another school next year. More than likely Gilman, because of their track program. 

Loyola is in serious trouble for the future. As an administration, alumni and parents, this has to be addressed ASAP! 

Heard if he went anywhere it would be MSJ, but he didn't want to stop playing it was his pops

16 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Heard if he went anywhere it would be MSJ, but he didn't want to stop playing it was his pops

Another solid track program. Obviously his pops wants him out of there. 

Not necessarily,  they love the school and he is more of a track guy anyway

46 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

I have nothing to do with this, especially privates.  Take me off your list of do nothings.....   :(

Come on DW, I knew this was your doing

13 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Yeah, Loyola track program isn’t great either. Much better than the football program, that’s for sure. Like I said, if he doesn’t run track, then we know the deal. 

14 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Come on DW, I knew this was your doing

I don't even know no "do nothing" board members Keeney and Marriachi.

2 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Yeah, Loyola track program isn’t great either. Much better than the football program, that’s for sure. Like I said, if he doesn’t run track, then we know the deal. 

But will you tell us if he will be the real deal......special!!!

3 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Track is not bad at all right behind MSJ and Gilman

1 minute ago, jbmad said:

Track is not bad at all right behind MSJ and Gilman

You mean behind Gilman and MSJ, Gilman is still king in track and have been for years. Lol, just messing with you. I would probably put McD’s program and Loyola at the same level. McD has a much better history though. 

2 hours ago, jbmad said:

Thanks for ending the wild speculation that had no foundation but hope.

1 hour ago, jbmad said:

Again, thanks for ending wild speculation without a foundation.

2 hours ago, DayWalker said:

And Ty will instantly go from being the 2nd best player on the worse football team in the MIAA to one of a lot of the best player in the state at whatever position(s) Gilman shoe horn him in.  Yep, no doubt he will be "special -- the real deal" then....  No Doubt  :rolleyes:

Correction; 1st team, All-World, of all-time.

8 hours ago, EaglePride said:

Regardless of what happens on the field or within the building, LB football has been set back 10 years by these "do nothing" board members, Keeney, Day and Marriachi. They are to blame plain and simple. Even if they saw the light and actually supported the FB program, LB will be digging out of a hole for several years. Just sad. But hey, there always water polo and friggin volleyball.

Why don't the parents send a letter to the Chairman of the Board? The only way to force change is to voice your displeasure in a constructive fashion with lots of signatures. If the Board doesn't respond, you have your answer. 

The offensive scheme isn't the problem, they don't have the horses to play the teams they are currently playing. I have watched Loyola twice this year and the Offensive scheme is a perfect fit for Loyola. The Triple Option makes perfect sense for a team that lacks the talent level of their opponents. Why do you think Army, Navy & Air Force run the triple? They don't have the same type of athletes as the teams they play.  Loyola ran the spread for the past 10 years with more talent and won nothing. This is by far their least talented team. In the Spread, you need a very good Qb, athletic linemen and receivers who can get open and catch the ball. In the Triple, you need an athlete at Qb and a tough kid at the fullback/super back position. The linemen can be smaller and less talented, look at the academies. It's easier to recruit two kids to fit the scheme then the many parts it takes to run the spread.  Loyola will be fine running the Triple Option, give them a year or two and they will be solid on the offensive side, they just have to get out of the A Conference. 

Finally, The OC at Loyola had success with the offense at New Town & John Carroll. He also coached the OLINE at Curley where they ran the ball.  Curley hasn't won this year and is it any coincidence that haven't won since going away from the run game to the spread? Just my thoughts. 

1 hour ago, Campy19 said:

The offensive scheme isn't the problem, they don't have the horses to play the teams they are currently playing. I have watched Loyola twice this year and the Offensive scheme is a perfect fit for Loyola. The Triple Option makes perfect sense for a team that lacks the talent level of their opponents. Why do you think Army, Navy & Air Force run the triple? They don't have the same type of athletes as the teams they play.  Loyola ran the spread for the past 10 years with more talent and won nothing. This is by far their least talented team. In the Spread, you need a very good Qb, athletic linemen and receivers who can get open and catch the ball. In the Triple, you need an athlete at Qb and a tough kid at the fullback/super back position. The linemen can be smaller and less talented, look at the academies. It's easier to recruit two kids to fit the scheme then the many parts it takes to run the spread.  Loyola will be fine running the Triple Option, give them a year or two and they will be solid on the offensive side, they just have to get out of the A Conference. 

Finally, The OC at Loyola had success with the offense at New Town & John Carroll. He also coached the OLINE at Curley where they ran the ball.  Curley hasn't won this year and is it any coincidence that haven't won since going away from the run game to the spread? Just my thoughts. 

Curley wasn't too good last year either 

I can't speak to the implementation by the coaching staff but the offensive scheme is fine for Loyola. 

Curley was 5-5 last year after a three year run going to the B Conference Championship Game.  They lost one game in overtime and another on a last minute touchdown last year.  The OC at Loyola was at Curley from 2014 - 2016.  From what I read on maxpreps, Curley was 21-9 with a championship in 2014 during those three years he was there.