DisaptdDon

Loyola Dons

709 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sparky1 said:

The first defining moment for next year's athletic department will have to occur soon. With coach Rubeur leaving, the school needs to hire a new varsity lacrosse coach. Because of the timing it will be interesting to see if the outgoing AD makes this pick, or the new, as yet unannounced AD, makes the selection. For anyone affiliated with the school, it is obvious that more than football or any other sport, lacrosse rules that campus. I am going to bet that they find a faculty position and let the new AD ride this hires coattails. 

But really at Loyola who knows?

They will probably wait until next December to do interviews and hire a new coach. Still have yet to name new AD, what is taking so long

Unlike Football, a lacrosse team can win with one or two studs on the field. Loyola has plenty of Lax talent so whoever they hire as new HC is inheriting a pretty full cupboard. Football, a totally different story. My hope is that Keeney has no part in the Lax coach hire since he has proven to be incompetent.

One or two stars can put you over the top in Lax as in basketball, but every parent thinks their son is that star. When the school fields a 7th grade, 8th grade, freshman, JV, and varsity team. and a summer club team that is a lot of parents to try and keep happy. 

On 12/6/2017 at 9:07 AM, jbmad said:

They will probably wait until next December to do interviews and hire a new coach. Still have yet to name new AD, what is taking so long

It’s real simple. The Board has bigger fish to fry. Athletics are medium emphasis. No need to tilt windmills. 

53 minutes ago, mop said:

It’s real simple. The Board has bigger fish to fry. Athletics are medium emphasis. No need to tilt windmills. 

And what are those bigger fish

Quote from a parent who has a player on Hamilton 

"Man, they won't even speak to our kids and we practice on their grounds"

24 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Quote from a parent who has a player on Hamilton 

"Man, they won't even speak to our kids and we practice on their grounds"

That’s horrible, and that’s on the Head Coach to be honest. And Hamilton has some serious studs this year. 

Just now, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

That’s horrible, and that’s on the Head Coach to be honest. And Hamilton has some serious studs this year. 

I just saw a pic of the 8th grade oline 

O

M

G

Just now, bleedingorangeandblack said:

I just saw a pic of the 8th grade oline 

O

M

G

Yeah, they’re like an MIAA-A team OL. 

16 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Flounder lol

17 hours ago, jbmad said:

And what are those bigger fish

Parents who pay full tuition and don't suck up the School's funding for academics, social welfare, cybersecurity and robotics initiatives. They don't want to spend $$ on perceived dumb football jocks. Not saying I agree but that's the sentiment of the majority of the Board and administration. How else do you explain their messaging on social media or their personnel decisions? 

On 12/8/2017 at 11:14 AM, DisaptdDon said:

I will be surprised if it is not coach Hall as the new AD.

If it was going to be Hall, then why open up the job?  Bet they go outside

1 hour ago, spreadball85 said:

If it was going to be Hall, then why open up the job?  Bet they go outside

You don’t comprehend the level of incompetence. They had a “national search” for a President, offered a paltry wage and settled for the interim who had no prior Head of School experience. Translation: they appear to hold an open search but can’t attract any strong candidates so they settle for an internal hire. 

19 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Unfortunately there are kids who don't get it, no matter how much you teach, model and restrict, they still have a hard time shucking off the racist and prejudiced influences of parents, family and culture. I hope that this is an isolated incident of a single kids scratching somthing on a stall door, but know that it will happen again, and again at Loyola and other places. 

Loyola weathered a similar anti-semitic incident a few years ago with a swastika scratched onto a Jewish student's locker. I don't think the culprit was caught in that instance but it did lead to the Jewish student leaving the school. 

I know you have to break a few eggs, and have some difficult conversations  to change the culture of a place and I hope this leads to a more rapid change at Blakefield than the glacial pace the school has been setting on diversity. They need to address this head on and keep pushing to make the school more inclusive and closer to the ideals of their mission. 

It’s not that hard to put hidden surveillance cameras on a campus. Ask students to report any “hate” graffiti and you can usually find the perpetrator. Expel the studen(s) and use it as a teaching moment for the entire student body and their parents. Closing the School and letting this jerk win by being mentioned on the front page of the paper is a management failure in my opinion. 

Then there was these two incidents from about a month ago that involved Boys Latin, Gilman, and Roland Park students, using Holloween to express some racial hatred. I remember less than 2 years ago the Gilman people saying they were having daily assemblies concerning the racial strife and tension permeating at Gilman. And this incident, was some 20 months after the call to assemble. Unfortunately, the young Greyhound mentioned in this incident either missed these assemblies, skipped the assemblies, or just ignored the message, completely. In the most recent incidents, the perpetrators seemed very comfortable in their surroundings, and very comfortable displaying this behavior among their peers assembled. Wherever this happens, its appaling.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-halloween-costumes-20171030-story.html

Edited by themamba

On 12/7/2017 at 7:42 PM, mop said:

Yeah, they need to focus on their race problem. 

30 minutes ago, RileyMartin said:

Gilman did a much better job of keeping the lid on their race problems.

Someone told me, that one of the uninformed trolls wrote on here about an incident that involved Gilman on this thread. As I can’t see his posts, didn’t see it. But the “incident” that happened, had nothing to do with a Gilman student, they weren’t even at the party when the pictures were taken. It was a McDonogh and Roland Park country school student who wore the outfits, some idiot attached a pic of Gilman students in it, at a different party with an orange jumpsuit on, and wrote something about Freddie Gray! The Gilman students had nothing to do with this, and didn’t even know the poster. The school has plenty of race problems, this wasn’t an example of one though. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

Blast others BUT defend yours NO MATTER WHAT to the hilt.....  :P

So tell us 'bout the "...plenty of other Gilman race problems..."

Edited by DayWalker

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Someone told me, that one of the uninformed trolls wrote on here about an incident that involved Gilman on this thread. As I can’t see his posts, didn’t see it. But the “incident” that happened, had nothing to do with a Gilman student, they weren’t even at the party when the pictures were taken. It was a McDonogh and Roland Park country school student who wore the outfits, some idiot attached a pic of Gilman students in it, at a different party with an orange jumpsuit on, and wrote something about Freddie Gray! The Gilman students had nothing to do with this, and didn’t even know the poster. The school has plenty of race problems, this wasn’t an example of one though. 

I meant the race incident at Gilman before that one...Freddie Gray...double secret assembly  ... 

Edited by RileyMartin