DisaptdDon

Loyola Dons

710 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, DisaptdDon said:

LB AD job posting dropped from web site?  Have they filled the position?  Wait and see who they hire.  Will tell alot about the future direction of athletics at the school.  

Not sure the AD matters until  the entire administration is replaced. 

Edited by mop
Change

I think their self imposed application period ended and they must be concluding the interview process. I think they should make an announcement of their choice as soon as possible, but definitely not wait until graduation.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, sparky1 said:

I think their self imposed application period ended and they must be concluding the interview process. I think they should make an announcement of their choice as soon as possible, but definitely not wait until graduation.

Did anyone get a sense of “hot potato” in the Sun article? Reading from a letter is an odd way to manage what Is generally accepted as a controversial announcement. Well thought out talking points are usually the order of the day.

Hope they hire the right AD soon so they can fill the lacrosse HC job. Aside from legacies, what prospect with choices is going to be excited about an unknown coaching staff. And yes, kids and parents make school decisions based on Programs and coaches. 

Edited by mop

11 hours ago, sparky1 said:

That should have been done months ago, another question is does Hall feel jilted if he doesn't get position and move on from Loyola?

Probably not. He is a Don through and through. Don't see why he won't get the job. Loyola is very predictable in succession planning.  

He is a Don through and through, but is not the right man for this job at this time. The school needs an outsider to bring some fresh eyes to the athletic program. Whoever it is will absolutely have to have the support of the principal in hiring, admissions, and fundraising. It will make no difference if the new hire can't hire coaches, give coaches some say in shepherding recruits through the process, and keeping the helicopter parents at bay. 

58 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

He is a Don through and through, but is not the right man for this job at this time. The school needs an outsider to bring some fresh eyes to the athletic program. Whoever it is will absolutely have to have the support of the principal in hiring, admissions, and fundraising. It will make no difference if the new hire can't hire coaches, give coaches some say in shepherding recruits through the process, and keeping the helicopter parents at bay. 

IMO the principal is not the right man for the job he has, just my opinion 

They actually need to clean house. Half of the higher ups are just not ready for primetime. The fact that Wheeler Hall addition was built to the tune of $20 million before funding was even close to being in place is unbelievable. That's why the lower level and underclasses are some of the largest (numbers wise) in the schools history.  Need as much tuition $ as possible. A. Day is inept and aloof, Keeney was a fossil who threw road blocks at any progress athletically, Marriacci is liked by no one and cannot get out of his own way. The board is a worthless collection of do-nothings who have been complacent as Loyola athletics have steadily declined since that dufus Pesci was hired. Other than that, things are great.

12 minutes ago, EaglePride said:

They actually need to clean house. Half of the higher ups are just not ready for primetime. The fact that Wheeler Hall addition was built to the tune of $20 million before funding was even close to being in place is unbelievable. That's why the lower level and underclasses are some of the largest (numbers wise) in the schools history.  Need as much tuition $ as possible. A. Day is inept and aloof, Keeney was a fossil who threw road blocks at any progress athletically, Marriacci is liked by no one and cannot get out of his own way. The board is a worthless collection of do-nothings who have been complacent as Loyola athletics have steadily declined since that dufus Pesci was hired. Other than that, things are great.

Say what you really feel, Lol

2 hours ago, jbmad said:

Say what you really feel, Lol

LOL, You all have come around to my predictions on this Forum years ago. This School has failed to retain or recruit 100s of worthy scholar athletes over the last decade. The Jesuits have abandoned the School literally. The Board’s inability to hire a strong management team is a testament to their ineptitude. The last Board Head of School Search Committee were asked hire a head of School on the cheap. They paid for a Yugo or better yet a Trebant, and got one in Day (aka a guidance counslor not a head of School). A bad head of School hires or retains bad lieutenants. In the military (see Asia Pacific admiral whose ships are always off course or in accidents) they drum you out when you can’t lead (worse yet frag you in combat), at LB they put your name on a plaque and name a building after you. Not unless alumni cut off support, circulate a petition to the Board and the admissions numbers dwindle will the Board act. It’s usually too late then. FYI, none of these jokers running this School with the exception of Keeney went to LB so in their heart of hearts this is only a paycheck not a passion. 

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:19 PM, jbmad said:

Who created, I have nothing to do with the system Poggi created. I in fact told him to take his offer to reclass my son and shove it up his ***.  And yes if a student is wait listed at a school with lesser academic standards then another why should he be allowed at the other. 

How does a coach "offer to reclass" a student?  Once you are in high school?  You only get 4 years of eligibility right?

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:05 PM, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Expect plenty to leave on the football side. Loyola football will end up being worse than say Curley. 

They are already worse than Curley.  Didn't Curley beat them several times over the last several years?

5 hours ago, sparky1 said:

Blake Henry? 

19 minutes ago, KeepItReal said:

How does a coach "offer to reclass" a student?  Once you are in high school?  You only get 4 years of eligibility right?

Supposedly, at least 2 5th year guys last year's team

Just now, jbmad said:

Supposedly, at least 2 5th year guys last year's team

Wow!

LB has been very quiet about the racial grafitti incidents several weeks ago.  It appears that they hope it will just blow over.  Another clear failure of the administration and board and continued embarassment to the school, students and alumni.  Has any one heard any follow up after the parent’s meeting?

On 1/2/2018 at 7:27 PM, jbmad said:

No loyalty in high school sports anymore coach

As I said Small town, the last Damascus kid that played at Gilman lives in my neighborhood. A transfer from Landon, which some blue bloods insist Gilman doesn’t take. As I said, I’ll ask the young man. 

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, DisaptdDon said:

LB has been very quiet about the racial grafitti incidents several weeks ago.  It appears that they hope it will just blow over.  Another clear failure of the administration and board and continued embarassment to the school, students and alumni.  Has any one heard any follow up after the parent’s meeting?

If they were trying to run from the incident and hope it would blow over, they wouldn't have closed school for the day. 

Edited by gillytech

2 hours ago, sparky1 said:

Brant Hall

Agree if he wants the job,

22 hours ago, DisaptdDon said:

The story is they went cheap on the video surveillance equipment (reel to reel tape) and are still trying to put the film in chronological order.  

Any coaching changes at LB.  is  Stitchel out.  Very unpopular with the boys.  Similar issues to his prior schools.  Several of the better kids have said they will not play for him.

1 hour ago, DisaptdDon said:

Any coaching changes at LB.  is  Stitchel out.  Very unpopular with the boys.  Similar issues to his prior schools.  Several of the better kids have said they will not play for him.

Sure several of the better kids won't even be at Loyola next year.

Interesting, I saw the latest results for the MIAA indoor track season, and Ty Trinh was participating against the JV, which is crazy in itself. But clearly points to him transferring to another MIAA school. Only reason for him to do this, would be for him to be eligible to compete at another MIAA school next sesson, without sitting out a year. He wouldn't have to do this, if he was going to a public school next year. And obviously, he wouldn't be doing this, if he was staying at Loyola. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

17 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Sure several of the better kids won't even be at Loyola next year.

Interesting, I saw the latest results for the MIAA indoor track season, and Ty Trinh was participating against the JV, which is crazy in itself. But clearly points to him transferring to another MIAA school. Only reason for him to do this, would be for him to be eligible to compete at another MIAA school next sesson, without sitting out a year. He wouldn't have to do this, if he was going to a public school next year. And obviously, he wouldn't be doing this, if he was staying at Loyola. 

He competed as varsity at Frosrbite