Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GOOCH

Dematha vs McDonough

68 posts in this topic

Can tbe beloved Eagles get off the pot today or will they wet the bed again like they did last year. The Goochman will be reporting live from PG county this evening 

McDonough is the Rams, not the Eagles.

Don't know why you'd be covering a 1A school from southern MD playing DeMatha, that could get really ugly.

Can mcdonogh cover the Receivers from Dematha? Can Ellis find his receivers?

6 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

Can tbe beloved Eagles get off the pot today or will they wet the bed again like they did last year. The Goochman will be reporting live from PG county this evening 

McDonough isn't playing DeMatha. Maybe that's the team you meant though when you said beloved. Beloved by who, besides you and EI? 

Seriously though, if Dom switches it up and use DeJuan all over the field on offense, I like their chances to make this game interesting. If he plays the whole game at QB, DeMatha runs away from them. 

I want DeMatha to beat them like a rented mule, but I'm not sold on this DM team. A little nervous about this game, Dom has ran his mouth and said that McD is again as good as anybody. Well we will see. 

16 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

McDonough is the Rams, not the Eagles.

Don't know why you'd be covering a 1A school from southern MD playing DeMatha, that could get really ugly.

Lol you know what I mean 

10 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

McDonough isn't playing DeMatha. Maybe that's the team you meant though when you said beloved. Beloved by who, besides you and EI? 

Seriously though, if Dom switches it up and use DeJuan all over the field on offense, I like their chances to make this game interesting. If he plays the whole game at QB, DeMatha runs away from them. 

I want DeMatha to beat them like a rented mule, but I'm not sold on this DM team. A little nervous about this game, Dom has ran his mouth and said that McD is again as good as anybody. Well we will see. 

Currently not impressed with DM either. A large number of their scores/scoring opportunities come off of big plays and not sure if that can hold up for an entire season. They have yet to show me they are a dominant program that deserves all the hype these cats rap about. Havent seen MCD but if they can limit the big play they will be in a good position to win.

2 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

Currently not impressed with DM either. A large number of their scores/scoring opportunities come off of big plays and not sure if that can hold up for an entire season. They have yet to show me they are a dominant program that deserves all the hype these cats rap about. Havent seen MCD but if they can limit the big play they will be in a good position to win.

I mean, not sure how you can say they aren't a dominant program. They've won what, 4 straight WCAC championships? If they're not dominant, then you can't call any school dominant in the Area.

Now if we're talking about this year's team, that's something different. I just don't see it with this team. Maybe Lloyd was that important to their success, I don't know. But the talk of them being better than last year's team was absolutely false. 

Dematha beats MCD by 2 TDS IMO.  More weapons and Pitt committ DE will give Ellis fits.  

4 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I mean, not sure how you can say they aren't a dominant program. They've won what, 4 straight WCAC championships? If they're not dominant, then you can't call any school dominant in the Area.

Now if we're talking about this year's team, that's something different. I just don't see it with this team. Maybe Lloyd was that important to their success, I don't know. But the talk of them being better than last year's team was absolutely false. 

Really dont care much about how many theyve won. Means absolutely nothing to me! WCAC for years has been the top 2 teams then the next 2 followed by everyone else. 

I was talking more about how they look this season. I would like to see them put several 80 yard scoring drives together where they just dominate upfront. 

Penalties are killing the Stags score 7 7 early in the second 

2 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

If McD plays the other QB and move Ellis around, they can win this game. 

Ellis throws a great bomb on third and 19 for about 50 yards. Them out runs their defense, 14-7 McD. Like I said, I was worried about this game! 

Ellis look good so far McDonogh has all the momentum and the lead 

DeMatha driving and the QB throws an INT in the red zone to end half. Should have been picked twice on the drive! I tried to tell Silver, this QB isn't the answer. 

1 minute ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

DeMatha driving and the QB throws an INT in the red zone to end half. Should have been picked twice on the drive! I tried to tell Silver, this QB isn't the answer. 

Ha. He's fine. McD is well coached like Gonzaga. Always a good game. I was actually surprised at last years score.

42 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

Lots of penalties the last couple games

8 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Ha. He's fine. McD is well coached like Gonzaga. Always a good game. I was actually surprised at last years score.

Naw, he holds the ball too long, and had been staring his receivers down the whole game. 

29 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

Ellis look good so far McDonogh has all the momentum and the lead 

He looks good running the ball! Besides that one pass, he only completed an out and now just throws an INT that would have put the game away. 

11 minutes ago, DMVfootballwizard said:

Dematha will roll over McD

Better get rolling then

DeMatha wins 17-14. Had Dom made any coaching adjustments, they win this game. Still have yet to beat any team of note not named Gilman. 

Respect the hell out of McD's coaching. DM needs to step it up but a W is a W....

7 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Respect the hell out of McD's coaching. DM needs to step it up but a W is a W....

I don't!! Had he coached a better game, they win that game! DeMatha badly needs Lloyd back.