Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GOOCH

Dematha vs McDonough

68 posts in this topic

It was ugly but MCD is huge and plays hard.  Good game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GOOCH said:

Dom called a horrible game 

Exactly, I have no clue what Silver was watching! That game was theirs for the taking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I don't!! Had he coached a better game, they win that game! DeMatha badly needs Lloyd back. 

You're the most confusing phenomenon to me. You are a DM supporter no doubt, but you have zero faith. McD is a better skilled Gonzaga this year. They are good. DM played down and still won. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DeMatha shut it down in the 2nd half - zero first downs for McD in the 2nd half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't catch the game. Actually in Baltimore for a wedding. A McD guy in the wedding party with me relayed the game across the Mt. Washington Tavern. I have no idea what happened beside his opinion and knowing that this would be a tough game regardless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Didn't catch the game. Actually in Baltimore for a wedding. A McD guy in the wedding party with me relayed the game across the Mt. Washington Tavern. I have no idea what happened beside his opinion and knowing that this would be a tough game regardless. 

Ok, makes sense then. McD definitely could have won that game. They made some very suspect calls, and Ellis couldn't hit a barn. He's dynamic in the open field, but Dom wanted to keep passing the ball with him, or he tries to turn everything outside and it's pretty easy to defense if you have athletes. Both teams offenses looked pretty bad. 

My take, after seeing DM, McD, SJC, and SFA, SFA is clearly the best team. The Jersey people believe that Bosco is better than SJR, and SFA just beat them like they were their step child. I also think that DM is in trouble against SJC if they don't get Lloyd back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Ok, makes sense then. McD definitely could have won that game. They made some very suspect calls, and Ellis couldn't hit a barn. He's dynamic in the open field, but Dom wanted to keep passing the ball with him, or he tries to turn everything outside and it's pretty easy to defense if you have athletes. Both teams offenses looked pretty bad. 

My take, after seeing DM, McD, SJC, and SFA, SFA is clearly the best team. The Jersey people believe that Bosco is better than SJR, and SFA just beat them like they were their step child. I also think that DM is in trouble against SJC if they don't get Lloyd back. 

SJR will beat DBP by 2 TD's. DBP is a "cool" win for SFA considering history, but not a good win by any stretch. They lost to Byrnes who is a decent SC team. SFA really needs the IMG game to justify themselves. Even if they lose. 

DM has a few problems to figure out, but I'm not worried. They always have a game like this against a well coached team like McD. Sometimes it's GC and sometimes it's Gonzaga. Whatever, they figured out a way to win. SJC vs DM will be the best area vs area game by far this season. SFA might want to worry about McD and Spalding. Both teams have showed very well so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spalding got whipped last night after a 21-0 lead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having 37 unanswered points scored on you is actually the exact opposite of showing well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

SJR will beat DBP by 2 TD's. DBP is a "cool" win for SFA considering history, but not a good win by any stretch. They lost to Byrnes who is a decent SC team. SFA really needs the IMG game to justify themselves. Even if they lose. 

DM has a few problems to figure out, but I'm not worried. They always have a game like this against a well coached team like McD. Sometimes it's GC and sometimes it's Gonzaga. Whatever, they figured out a way to win. SJC vs DM will be the best area vs area game by far this season. SFA might want to worry about McD and Spalding. Both teams have showed very well so far.

Spalding gave up 37 unanswered points to GC, SFA is going to blow them the hell out. 

SFA will also blow McDonogh out. McD wasn't a well coached team, in fact far from it. SFA will finish the year number one in the area, they won't lose. DM and SJC, have already lost. I always  knew SFA had the most talent in the area this year, but they are clicking already. They've only gave up 8 points all year long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Especially after most thought Spalding would win, and losing to a team that was predicted by you to have a very long year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Spalding gave up 37 unanswered points to GC, SFA is going to blow them the hell out. 

SFA will also blow McDonogh out. McD wasn't a well coached team, in fact far from it. SFA will finish the year number one in the area, they won't lose. DM and SJC, have already lost. I always  knew SFA had the most talent in the area this year, but they are clicking already. They've only gave up 8 points all year long. 

Agree to disagree. If you think SFA isn't going to be human this year then have fun in utopia for now. Transferred up squads always trip. I mean, the most talented high school team in human history, IMG '16, almost lost a team that was beat by BMac last year. Love the confidence though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Spalding got whipped last night after a 21-0 lead

Being very honest here...I saw them go up 21-0 and tuned out. Had no clue. Good win for the WCAC, I guess. They still have the ability to give SFA a headache...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Agree to disagree. If you think SFA isn't going to be human this year then have fun in utopia for now. Transferred up squads always trip. I mean, the most talented high school team in human history, IMG '16, almost lost a team that was beat by BMac last year. Love the confidence though...

Last year's SFA team was a transferred up squad. This year's squad isn't that, they returned a whole lot of kids, and their biggest transfer, Shane Lee, already knew the system from Gilman. 

I never thought Spalding was going to be great, I've said it many times on here. They lost their best lineman for the year, and I don't think the QB is a great decision maker. Great athlete, not great QB. They're also on the smallish side. Teams with great athletes and size(Good Counsel) will give them serious issues, and the reason why I picked them to lose this week. The only chance they even have with making this game even remotely interesting, is if SFA loses their QB, with the other one gone. Even then, they still lose. 

McD is too easy to defend for a team like SFA, if they keep Ellis at QB. They also play too many kids both ways. SFA will run through the rest of their schedule, easily! Only hope you have for them to lose, will be if they reschedule the IMG game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Last year's SFA team was a transferred up squad. This year's squad isn't that, they returned a whole lot of kids, and their biggest transfer, Shane Lee, already knew the system from Gilman. 

I never thought Spalding was going to be great, I've said it many times on here. They lost their best lineman for the year, and I don't think the QB is a great decision maker. Great athlete, not great QB. They're also on the smallish side. Teams with great athletes and size(Good Counsel) will give them serious issues, and the reason why I picked them to lose this week. The only chance they even have with making this game even remotely interesting, is if SFA loses their QB, with the other one gone. Even then, they still lose. 

McD is too easy to defend for a team like SFA, if they keep Ellis at QB. They also play too many kids both ways. SFA will run through the rest of their schedule, easily! Only hope you have for them to lose, will be if they reschedule the IMG game. 

GA the whole damn team is transfers except maybe a few players they're not coaching anything up period

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

GA the whole damn team is transfers except maybe a few players they're not coaching anything up period

They return 28 players, that's not a few players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

They return 28 players, that's not a few players. 

28 players or 28 bodies cut the bs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

28 players or 28 bodies cut the bs 

Fields and the DE have been their best players, and both are returners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Last year's SFA team was a transferred up squad. This year's squad isn't that, they returned a whole lot of kids, and their biggest transfer, Shane Lee, already knew the system from Gilman. 

I never thought Spalding was going to be great, I've said it many times on here. They lost their best lineman for the year, and I don't think the QB is a great decision maker. Great athlete, not great QB. They're also on the smallish side. Teams with great athletes and size(Good Counsel) will give them serious issues, and the reason why I picked them to lose this week. The only chance they even have with making this game even remotely interesting, is if SFA loses their QB, with the other one gone. Even then, they still lose. 

McD is too easy to defend for a team like SFA, if they keep Ellis at QB. They also play too many kids both ways. SFA will run through the rest of their schedule, easily! Only hope you have for them to lose, will be if they reschedule the IMG game. 

Qb, Rb, Some Oline guys all transfers. Come on what are you talking about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jbmad said:

Qb, Rb, Some Oline guys all transfers. Come on what are you talking about. 

They have plenty of transfers, not a whole team of transfers like they did last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Last year's SFA team was a transferred up squad. This year's squad isn't that, they returned a whole lot of kids, and their biggest transfer, Shane Lee, already knew the system from Gilman. 

I never thought Spalding was going to be great, I've said it many times on here. They lost their best lineman for the year, and I don't think the QB is a great decision maker. Great athlete, not great QB. They're also on the smallish side. Teams with great athletes and size(Good Counsel) will give them serious issues, and the reason why I picked them to lose this week. The only chance they even have with making this game even remotely interesting, is if SFA loses their QB, with the other one gone. Even then, they still lose. 

McD is too easy to defend for a team like SFA, if they keep Ellis at QB. They also play too many kids both ways. SFA will run through the rest of their schedule, easily! Only hope you have for them to lose, will be if they reschedule the IMG game. 

Can I borrow your pair of rose colored bifocals? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Can I borrow your pair of rose colored bifocals? 

Not even sure what you're talking about, but if you want to wager on either the Spalding or McD game, I'm all in! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Ok, makes sense then. McD definitely could have won that game. They made some very suspect calls, and Ellis couldn't hit a barn. He's dynamic in the open field, but Dom wanted to keep passing the ball with him, or he tries to turn everything outside and it's pretty easy to defense if you have athletes. Both teams offenses looked pretty bad. 

My take, after seeing DM, McD, SJC, and SFA, SFA is clearly the best team. The Jersey people believe that Bosco is better than SJR, and SFA just beat them like they were their step child. I also think that DM is in trouble against SJC if they don't get Lloyd back. 

Bosco is not better than SJR, not even close.

 

going into the weekend the favorite team in Jersey was SJR to be the only top 25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HSFBLover said:

Bosco is not better than SJR, not even close.

 

going into the weekend the favorite team in Jersey was SJR to be the only top 25

We will see when they play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0