Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GOOCH

Dematha vs McDonough

68 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

You're the most confusing phenomenon to me. You are a DM supporter no doubt, but you have zero faith. McD is a better skilled Gonzaga this year. They are good. DM played down and still won. 

You keep talking about gonzaga, why? What do they have to do with this game?

3 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Not even sure what you're talking about, but if you want to wager on either the Spalding or McD game, I'm all in! 

Venmo or PayPal? 

Just now, Silverbullet said:

Venmo or PayPal? 

You know what, I have actually used both! I prefer PayPal. 

2 hours ago, gc06 said:

You keep talking about gonzaga, why? What do they have to do with this game?

Personally, I think McD and Gonzaga play teams similarly. Gonzaga will always play up to DeMatha no matter the talent. McD would always play up to Gilman-Poggi era. I think McD played up to DM yesterday.

57 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Final score:  Bishop Gorman 34 De La Salle 7.

A little context to this score is the fact DLS had a few guys get injured early 

14 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

Personally, I think McD and Gonzaga play teams similarly. Gonzaga will always play up to DeMatha no matter the talent. McD would always play up to Gilman-Poggi era. I think McD played up to DM yesterday.

I think it was more DM played down to be honest. Neither team looked very good, mostly on offense. DM will be a different team once they get Lloyd back. Miree is a very good complementary piece, he's not the dude to carry a team. 

McD was the getter first half team.  DM made the defensive and offensive adjustments at half time.  They ran the ball and they stopped the run.  Well coached game from Dematha.  

According to someone I respect know that scouted that game the difference he felt was McDonogh had a small squad numbers wise and had most of their players going both ways, DeMatha had players going one way and wore McDonogh down.  

5 minutes ago, outerbanks said:

According to someone I respect know that scouted that game the difference he felt was McDonogh had a small squad numbers wise and had most of their players going both ways, DeMatha had players going one way and wore McDonogh down.  

This is somewhat true, but DM also has a few two way players (5 off the top of my head) and is actually not very deep this year.  McD shot itself in the foot several times and was painfully predictable on big downs.  DM made the adjustments on both sides.  They minimized potential mistakes on offense and were spot on with their defensive calls in the second half. 

1 hour ago, Dmvballer said:

DM is a great squad! One of the best in the area!

And what has DM done to make them so GREAT, particularly with the Gorman loss ball and chain wrapped around Dem's ankle....

Is "...one of the best in the area..." another way of saying big fish in little pond????

Edited by DayWalker

11 hours ago, DayWalker said:

And what has DM done to make them so GREAT, particularly with the Gorman loss ball and chain wrapped around Dem's ankle....

Is "...one of the best in the area..." another way of saying big fish in little pond????

No, it's just recognizing that they have assembled some good talent and play hard, outside the politics and arguments of "private vs publics"

Just now, Dmvballer said:

No, it's just recognizing that they have assembled some good talent and play hard, outside the politics and arguments of "private vs publics"

Sure I understand, then there are quite a few GREAT teams around if assembled some good talent and play hard is the standard.  Outside politics and private/public argument, some publics must be REALLY GREAT to have gotten their talents by just who walked through the doors and they play hard.  Good points Dmv....

8 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Sure I understand, then there are quite a few GREAT teams around if assembled some good talent and play hard is the standard.  Outside politics and private/public argument, some publics must be REALLY GREAT to have gotten their talents by just who walked through the doors and they play hard.  Good points Dmv....

THX DW! Read many of previous comments and I appreciate your perspective. Who's really to blame? Power hungry-Ego driven coaches? Public Schools lack of resources? Parents who just want college paid for? When and where I grew up, Public schools ran the day. Of course Mater Dei did their thing but in Cali, Public Schools held there own. I understand Cali has crazy numbers from a population stand point, but the DMV is no slouch.  Would love to hear your take.

9 minutes ago, Dmvballer said:

THX DW! Read many of previous comments and I appreciate your perspective. Who's really to blame? Power hungry-Ego driven coaches? Public Schools lack of resources? Parents who just want college paid for? When and where I grew up, Public schools ran the day. Of course Mater Dei did their thing but in Cali, Public Schools held there own. I understand Cali has crazy numbers from a population stand point, but the DMV is no slouch.  Would love to hear your take.

Who's to blame??????  I don't believe I said anyone had a problem to warrant blame.  I merely asked what was your bar for proclaiming this DeM team GREAT and you replied "assembled good talent and play hard."  AT BEST this DeM team can hope for this season is another league title, nothing more, having yet I believe to play its first WHACK WCAC game.  The so called MNC ship left dock without the HyTown ponnies in Vegas, if you know what I mean.  DeM is playing for secondary goals right now.  Even the DC Sniper rather than singing the praises of DeMatha has resorted to "wewe" all over himself, SAD!

Anyway Dmv, by your standard "...of assembled good talent and play hard...", I simply said then there are a lot of GREAT teams and not just DeM.  I certainly didn't say publics lack resources.  Hell, DeM does even have it's own field / stadium and play home games at a public public park facility as does another private team like Palotti.  And I'm lost on your Cali, Mater Dei, and other line of comments....  it must be me why I often don't understand you privates.

3 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Who's to blame??????  I don't believe I said anyone had a problem to warrant blame.  I merely asked what was your bar for proclaiming this DeM team GREAT and you replied "assembled good talent and play hard."  AT BEST this DeM team can hope for this season is another league title, nothing more, having yet I believe to play its first WHACK WCAC game.  The so called MNC ship left dock without the HyTown ponnies in Vegas, if you know what I mean.  DeM is playing for secondary goals right now.  Even the DC Sniper rather than singing the praises of DeMatha has resorted to "wewe" all over himself, SAD!

Anyway Dmv, by your standard "...of assembled good talent and play hard...", I simply said then there are a lot of GREAT teams and not just DeM.  I certainly didn't say publics lack resources.  Hell, DeM does even have it's own field / stadium and play home games at a public public park facility as does another private team like Palotti.  And I'm lost on your Cali, Mater Dei, and other line of comments....  it must be me why I often don't understand you privates.

Great points. Cali is California - and Mater Dei is a top private out there.  AND THERE are a ton of Great teams in MD. 

37 minutes ago, Dmvballer said:

Great points. Cali is California - and Mater Dei is a top private out there.  AND THERE are a ton of Great teams in MD. 

Sure I know what Cali is and I know of Mater Dei but I said I was lost as to what context it had to do with what we are talking about.  North Korea may have nukes.  SO WHAT, what does that have to do with Dem having a GREAT team is all I questioned.

Well, at least you accepted there are other GREAT teams in MD if "...assembled talent who play hard..." is the standard.  We would still debate this for 4 more pages if you were a northeast boarding school lottery pick from Chevy Chase.