Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

Week 3 Scores

84 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

That EHS team wasn't good at all their mistakes cost them big time 

Now to say they weren't good is BS, Gilamn will not face a better QB, fact! They're solid, I would put them on the level of a Gonzaga talent wise. Gonzaga has better coaching. 

BTW. Gilman won. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

54 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Very very well coached. Lot of athletes this year, not as big. QB, the truth. 

EHS always has athletes. Didnt see 2nd half but good win for Gilman.

10 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Now to say they weren't good is BS, Gilamn will not face a better QB, fact! They're solid, I would put them on the level of a Gonzaga talent wise. Gonzaga has better coaching. 

BTW. Gilman won. 

Did you really win or EHS gifted you a win man y'all are a bad team GA and that EHS team had some athletes at best but idk what you see watching anybody else in the league would blow them out and you know it  

Edited by GOOCH

9 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

Did you really win or EHS gifted you a win man y'all are a bad team GA and that EHS team had some athletes at best but idk what you see watching anybody else in the league would blow them out and you know it  

No they wouldn't! Gilman's defense is very good, better than Spalding, better than any team that's not named SFA or McD! Gilman's issue is offense! Episcopal's DL was better than any team Gilman has played this year. Easily. 

Yoy seriously think CHC would beat EHS? 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

GA be happy with your win but y'all aren't good and neither were they and yes I think C Hall would beat  them 

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Gilman down to Episcopal 6-0 at the half. Episcopal has the best QB and offense I've seen so far this year. Also a very impressive DL. Gilman has finally started the transfer and QB, and he looks very poised, has had no time to throw. Gilman also had made whole sale changes all over. So either kids are hurt, or they have benched a bunch of kids. Playing two ninth graders on the DL a lot. 

The best QB and offense that you have seen all year and they only scored 6 points at the half??

1 hour ago, GOOCH said:

GA be happy with your win but y'all aren't good and neither were they and yes I think C Hall would beat  them 

No! Not with win their QB, and they don't have half the athletes! As I say, put something on it!

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

14 minutes ago, BMORE79 said:

The best QB and offense that you have seen all year and they only scored 6 points at the half??

Gilman's defense had been great all year. They have just turned the ball over and had hem on the field all game. 

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

No they wouldn't! Gilman's defense is very good, better than Spalding, better than any team that's not named SFA or McD! Gilman's issue is offense! Episcopal's DL was better than any team Gilman has played this year. Easily. 

Yoy seriously think CHC would beat EHS? 

What happened to that offensive genius that won a Ga State Championship?Thought we were going to see an offense like no one has ever seen in Maryland. 

big win for Gilman, but they have big offensive problems. I don't think CHC or MSJ would beat Episcopal

14 minutes ago, DMVfootballwizard said:

big win for Gilman, but they have big offensive problems. I don't think CHC or MSJ would beat Episcopal

Yes, they've scored more than 17 points just once in 11 games, dating back to last year. They average 9  points per game this season, near the bottom in the state. Aside from a Loyola win, the Hounds are averaging 7.8 points in the other 10 games in the 11 game stretch. Lets be frank, this team has reached the end zone just 5 times in their last 6 games. Thats pretty pitiful. In fact, its beyond pitiful. No other team would garner this much acclaim with that much futility.

27 minutes ago, DMVfootballwizard said:

I think a lot of people are underestimating Calvert Hall. I've seen them two weeks in a row and I think they'll surprise some teams before it's said and done.

1 hour ago, themamba said:

Yes, they've scored more than 17 points just once in 11 games, dating back to last year. They average 9  points per game this season, near the bottom in the state. Aside from a Loyola win, the Hounds are averaging 7.8 points in the other 10 games in the 11 game stretch. Lets be frank, this team has reached the end zone just 5 times in their last 6 games. Thats pretty pitiful. In fact, its beyond pitiful. No other team would garner this much acclaim with that much futility.

yes, like I said big offence problems, we all know they have no QB. fortunately there d fence has kept them in games

Good win for Gilman and nice play on the pic (don't know the players name) and the TD catch by Piper, but Episcopal's coach lost the game. You're up 6-2 and on the Gilman 15 going in for the  score &win with just a few min's left in the game and you throw from the pocket on a crossing route  in HS? If you want to throw for the first down, roll the QB (very good athlete ) and hit the out or flag route. If you miss it falls incomplete. But the right play would have been to run and if you stall, Gilman has to go 85 yards on you and they have not moved the ball all game. Bad game management.     

8 minutes ago, Express said:

Good win for Gilman and nice play on the pic (don't know the players name) and the TD catch by Piper, but Episcopal's coach lost the game. You're up 6-2 and on the Gilman 15 going in for the  score &win with just a few min's left in the game and you throw from the pocket on a crossing route  in HS? If you want to throw for the first down, roll the QB (very good athlete ) and hit the out or flag route. If you miss it falls incomplete. But the right play would have been to run and if you stall, Gilman has to go 85 yards on you and they have not moved the ball all game. Bad game management.     

agree, his name is spanky dixon

Loyola-20, Curley-12

This was a strange game. Curley scored in the first quarter to go up, 6-0, and was moving the ball again in Loyola territory the second. Then, a long Friar pass was intercepted at the goal line by Loyola and returned 100 yards for a TD. The extra point gave the Dons a 7-6 lead. In the closing minutes of the half, Curley drove deep into Loyola territory yet again, and lined up for a chip shot field goal with five seconds left in an attempt to go back up at halftime. Loyola blocked the kick, then returned the ball for a TD to go up 13-6 at the half. Curley scored a TD on a long run in the third quarter and decided to go for two in order to regain the lead. The Friar QB was stopped inches short of the goal line, and Loyola's 13-12 lead was preserved. The Dons finally scored an offensive TD on a sustained drive in the fourth quarter to go up by the final margin of 20-12.

Although the result of the game was a much-needed Loyola win and a missed opportunity for Curley, it appears that points, and wins, will be hard to come by for these two teams over the remainder of the season.

Edited by Operations

14 minutes ago, Operations said:

Loyola-20, Curley-12

This was a strange game. Curley scored in the first quarter to go up, 6-0, and was moving the ball again in Loyola territory the second. Then, a long Friar pass was intercepted at the goal line by Loyola and returned 100 yards for a TD. The extra point gave the Dons a 7-6 lead. In the closing minutes of the half, Curley drove deep into Loyola territory yet again, and lined up for a chip shot field goal with five seconds left in an attempt to go back up at halftime. Loyola blocked the kick, then returned the ball for a TD to go up 13-6 at the half. Curley scored a TD on a long run in the third quarter and decided to go for two in order to regain the lead. The Friar QB was stopped inches short of the goal line, and Loyola's 13-12 lead was preserved. The Dons finally scored an offensive TD on a sustained drive in the fourth quarter to go up by the final margin of 20-12.

Although the result of the game was a much-needed Loyola win and a missed opportunity for Curley, it appears that points, and wins, will be hard to come by for these two teams over the remainder of the season.

Surprised Loyola scored just 1 offensive touchdown. Linganore and Tuscarora scored 106 points on Curley, and beat them in 2 running clock games by 94 points, collectively. Sounds like a tough one to let slip away. 

Edited by themamba

2 minutes ago, themamba said:

Surprised Loyola scored just 1 offensive touchdown. Linganore and Tuscarora scored 106 points on Curley, and beat them in 2 running clock games by 94 points, collectively. Sounds like a tough one to let slip away. 

It's really bad, don't think the kids are buying in to this new offense at all

5 minutes ago, jbmad said:

It's really bad, don't think the kids are buying in to this new offense at all

Between the Dons and Hounds, it seems we are witnessing some of the worst offensive football in the 23+ year history of the MIAA, no? 

Saturday, September 16th

- Gilman 9, at Episcopal (VA) 6

- Loyola 20, at Archbishop Curley 12

- Saint Joseph's (CN) 23, at Mount Saint Joseph 51

- Saint Vincent Pallotti 12, at Archbishop Carroll (DC) 20

- Saint Alban's (DC) 6, at Severn 41

- Friends 27, at Model Secondary School for the Deaf (DC) 0

- Dulaney 36, at Towson 42

- Randallstown 6, at Milford Mill 55

- Owings Mills 8, at Parkville 35

- Loch Raven 6, at Chesapeake (Baltimore) 28

- Pikesville 6, at Western Tech 14

- Colonel Richardson 6, at Wicomico 38

- Central Maryland Christian (Home School) 16, at Northern Virginia Kings (Home School) (VA) 0

- Maryland Christian (Home School) 13, at FCA (Home School) (DE) 16

- Maryland School for the Deaf 22, at Sidwell Friends (DC) 20

- Silver Oak 36, at Kingsman Academy (DC) 28

- Georgetown Prep 0, at Gonzaga (DC) 40

- High Point 22, at Central 16

- Laurel 22, at Crossland 0

- Potomac 0, at Douglass (Prince George's) 14

- Oxon Hill 33, at Northwestern 12

- Wise 46, at Bladensburg 0

- Roosevelt 19, at Flowers 26

2 hours ago, themamba said:

Between the Dons and Hounds, it seems we are witnessing some of the worst offensive football in the 23+ year history of the MIAA, no? 

No doubt, TBH I see the Dons having a major problem even scoring a offensive td in conference games this year

11 hours ago, 85Knight said:

I think a lot of people are underestimating Calvert Hall. I've seen them two weeks in a row and I think they'll surprise some teams before it's said and done.

Still will lose to Gilman! Will not score. Gilman's defense is legitimate. 

10 hours ago, themamba said:

Damn, will not score, that's a bold statement 

11 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Still will lose to Gilman! Will not score. Gilman's defense is legitimate. 

Just go buy a case of Sam Adams Oktoberfest for 85Knight and a car of Flying Dog Numero uno for me and put them both on ice.  You're gonna be crushed when you lose two years in a row to the Cardinal & Gold.

57 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Just go buy a case of Sam Adams Oktoberfest for 85Knight and a car of Flying Dog Numero uno for me and put them both on ice.  You're gonna be crushed when you lose two years in a row to the Cardinal & Gold.

Not happening! That was the slowest CHC team I've seen in years! They would have got stomped by Episcopal. EHS will win their league, or be right there with Bullis. Much better team than Prep, super athletic, with a stud at QB.