Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcon10

GC at Spalding

33 posts in this topic

Gooch was right the battle of quarterbacks is no contest. Umbarger is torching it. We have to adjust, we have 7-8 in the box and there throwing all over us.

21-0 Spalding 

Just got word that Kyle being out coached big time hats off to GC for fighting back 

Just want to point out, I predicted GC would beat Spaldinf a couple of weeks ago! GC is talented man. 

5 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Just want to point out, I predicted GC would beat Spaldinf a couple of weeks ago! GC is talented man. 

GA I believe you did. I did as well this week said two scores. 

1 minute ago, OldBallCoach said:

GA I believe you did. I did as well this week said two scores. 

You did actually! 

7 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

You called it GC exposed Spalding big time then camp warriors showed up and out 

3 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

You did actually! 

GA we agree on something haha just kidding

Heard it was GC's QB who took over the game! They let GC score 37 unanswered points, WOW!!

The MIAA outside of SFA winning, and McD coming in second will be interesting. Spalding has definitely been exposed. 

19 hours ago, Falcon10 said:

Definitely showed heart 37-21 GC

I need the final QB stats for both guys and please tell me how y'all lost it 

59 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

I need the final QB stats for both guys and please tell me how y'all lost it 

'Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.' ~ unknown

I don't have time today, so I'll just give you a plate.

Turnovers, big plays, controlling the run game. And, after a while, Big Mo.

Umbarger had 2 picks, which was key. Other than that, he was Montana-like, hitting on 22 of his other 35 passes for 300 yards and a TD. Rushed for a score on 11 carries for 53 yards,

Snell only had 7 completions, but 2 went for long TD's to Hart, one that went through the hands of 2 Spalding defenders. Snell finished 7-17 for 150 yards, while rushing for 112 yards on 19 carries and 2 scores.

The Falcons controlled the run game, gaining nearly 200 yards, while Spalding was held to 97 yards on 26 carries. Chestnut led off the scoring with a 11 yard run, but was bottled up for 29 yards on his other 11 carries.

Edited by themamba

4 minutes ago, themamba said:

'Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.' ~ unknown

Umbarger had 2 picks, which was key. Other than that, he was Montana-like, hitting on 22 of his other 35 passes for 300 yards and a TD. Rushed for a score on 11 carries for 53 yards,

Snell only had 7 completions, but 2 went for long TD's to Hart, one that went through the hands of 2 Spalding defenders. Snell finished 7-17 for 150 yards, while rushing for 112 yards on 19 carries and 2 scores.

The Falcons controlled the run game, gaining nearly 200 yards, while Spalding was held to 97 yards on 26 carries. Chestnut led off the scoring with a 11 yard run, but was bottled up for 29 yards on his other 11 carries.

Mamba your one of a kind 

3 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

Mamba your one of a kind 

You're welcome.

And thanks, I wish I could say that about everyone on here, where we have 11 or 12 of the same kind, if you know what I mean.

8 minutes ago, themamba said:

Mamba can I get the stats for the Gilman EHS game cause GA keep telling me how  good EHS was but maybe I missed something 

54 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

Mamba can I get the stats for the Gilman EHS game cause GA keep telling me how  good EHS was but maybe I missed something 

I can't see what the groupie writes, did he give you the final stats of David Pindell in today's game against UVA? I'm just saying!

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I can't see what the groupie writes, did he give you the final stats of David Pindell in today's game against UVA? I'm just saying!

You see everything I say, thats why you stay so angry. Nothing personal, I just like to keep it 💯, at all times, You took the dig at the kid earlier, and I guess once isn't enough.

He's played 1 game in D1, had a shaky start, as did the entire team, who ranked last in offense in FBS last year. He had a fumble, while completing 19-28 for 154 yards and zero picks in 2.5 quarters. He also added 33 rushing yards on 6 csrries (5.5 ypc) The team needed momentum and Edsall went with his 5th year senior, who rallied them to a win. Tough bind, now.

Hopefully, Pindell gets anotther shot soon, because a prorated total of 31-45 for 250 yards in his first start is hard to knock, but you found a way. Forget prorated, accounting for 187 yards in 36 minutes seems hard to knock. We understand, you're miserable. This is evident.

Question, and I'm dead serious, because I'm not familiar with Gilman history. Has a Gilman grad ever completed 19 passes in a D1 game, much less 36 minutes? Have any two combined for 19 in their best games? How about 154 yards in 2.5 quarters in their first game? Better than 67% on 25+ attempts? 187 total yards from the QB position in 36 minutes? If so, there is no way I could knock any of that, let alone all of that.

Now that you are reading this, make sure you switch over to the right handle you've established countless times to pat yourself on the back for an asinine comment, or try to come up with some response to someone you've supposedly blocked. Wink, wink.

Edited by themamba