Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcon10

GC at Spalding

33 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2017 at 9:05 PM, GOOCH said:

Just got word that Kyle being out coached big time hats off to GC for fighting back 

Didn't they criticize GC's coach by comparing him to a rec league coach?

14 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Didn't they criticize GC's coach by comparing him to a rec league coach?

Yes.

On 9/16/2017 at 4:24 PM, GOOCH said:

I need the final QB stats for both guys and please tell me how y'all lost it 

Surprisingly enough, the game was an exact opposite of how we all thought it would go down.  Going into the game GC was insistent on keeping 7 and 8 in the box to stop Umbarger and Chestnut from there rushing attack. "How often do you see high schools run a five front anymore?" GC was able to totally neutralize Spaldings running game which is why I believe Spalding took to the air so often.  Coming in the consensus was Snell was the passer and Umbarger was the runner but after Friday, the opposite occurred. Snell had some brilliant runs to help spark our comeback, and Umbarger was very sharp in the passing game. Snell was not very accurate throughout but Umbarger couldn't run on our front. 

Snell was 7-17 150yds passing

Umbarger 22-35 300yds 

Snell rushed for 112 yds on 19 carries

Umbarger 54 yds on 11 carries

1 hour ago, Falcon10 said:

Surprisingly enough, the game was an exact opposite of how we all thought it would go down.  Going into the game GC was insistent on keeping 7 and 8 in the box to stop Umbarger and Chestnut from there rushing attack. "How often do you see high schools run a five front anymore?" GC was able to totally neutralize Spaldings running game which is why I believe Spalding took to the air so often.  Coming in the consensus was Snell was the passer and Umbarger was the runner but after Friday, the opposite occurred. Snell had some brilliant runs to help spark our comeback, and Umbarger was very sharp in the passing game. Snell was not very accurate throughout but Umbarger couldn't run on our front. 

Snell was 7-17 150yds passing

Umbarger 22-35 300yds 

Snell rushed for 112 yds on 19 carries

Umbarger 54 yds on 11 carries

Snell a passer? Not what I saw, he couldn't hit the side of a barn when I saw them. He was a great runner, not a passer at all. 

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Snell a passer? Not what I saw, he couldn't hit the side of a barn when I saw them. He was a great runner, not a passer at all. 

GA

If you followed these two in the youth game, Snell always was considered the better passer and Umberger was the runner.  That isn't the case now. Snell should be able to rack up the yards behind this line tho and he also has Cam Hart to go up and get the ball. 

6 minutes ago, Falcon10 said:

GA

If you followed these two in the youth game, Snell always was considered the better passer and Umberger was the runner.  That isn't the case now. Snell should be able to rack up the yards behind this line tho and he also has Cam Hart to go up and get the ball. 

Yeah, never saw Snell in youth league. He has a big arm, just wasn't accurate. He's a hell of a runner though. Like I said before, GC is talented.