Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AgentOrange

DID BIFF GET WHAT HE WANTED....WHAT DID HE GET?

29 posts in this topic

SFA 27-BOSCO-0

I would venture to say that this score pretty much says it all......this would have to be what he wanted to accomplish with the hounds but saw greener pastures at SFA......so my question is....what exactly did he accomplish...who wins...who loses?.........AO backs away from the podium and hands the mike to GA...... 

First, I would like to thank you all for entertaining me for the last few years. This board is full of local knowledge and entertainment. In my opinion, SFA and Biff (selfishly) wins while Gilman, BMore kids and SFA Coaching Staff lose. IMO here's why.

Winners: SFA is getting national recognition for its football which will eventually bring in more funds for the school from outside sources which may lead to better athletic and academic (hopefully) facilities. It may even lead to a new SFA school in a better location. The BIFF win is all for self-gratification. In a snap of a finger, he turned SFA into a national brand practically overnight just to show Gilman that they F'D up for NOT letting him run HIS program the way he wanted. He could have done this with any school in any conference, but he chose SFA? Not to make a difference but to SLAP GILMAN in the face.

Lose: IMO, it's a lost for Gilman. To lose practically your whole program due to transfers, HURTS. Hopefully, Gilman will recover sooner than later. BMore kids...Biff has FLOODED the school with kids from all over the damn US (exaggerating of course?) while the talent in SFA backyard gets left out. I think I read on this blog something about Biff wanting to make a difference in the community...or something of that nature? By bringing in outsiders, while there's CRAZY talent a rock throw away, but what do I know. For last, SFA Coaching Staff lose. When I moved to this area, the Gilman program was the most talked about. It was like the goal for kids were to get into Gilman, but after being schooled through this blog and seeing it for myself, I lost respect for Biff. Especially, after I saw Gilman get beat down by that Ohio team on national TV a few years back. IMO, Biff is a behind the scene type ( AD, GM, etc). For him jumping right back to being the SFA HC is another selfish move to me. The SFA HC last year did a damn good job. He's worthy of having his own team and probably the majority of them. I think that staff is gonna ride the Biff train until it derails. Hell, that staff is probably like the mob. Once you're in, you can't get out without the fear of being blackballed the rest of your coaching career. 

I know things run deeper than what I've witnessed and read from this blog, but of course, it's just my opinion.    

Edited by Newbee
Had to edit due to the Gilman comment on beating Spalding. My bad!!!

12 minutes ago, Newbee said:

First, I would like to thank you all for entertaining me for the last few years. This board is full of local knowledge and entertainment. In my opinion, SFA and Biff (selfishly) wins while Gilman, BMore kids and SFA Coaching Staff lose. IMO here's why.

Winners: SFA is getting national recognition for its football which will eventually bring in more funds for the school from outside sources which may lead to better athletic and academic (hopefully) facilities. It may even lead to a new SFA school in a better location. The BIFF win is all for self-gratification. In a snap of a finger, he turned SFA into a national brand practically overnight just to show Gilman that they F'D up for NOT letting him run HIS program the way he wanted. He could have done this with any school in any conference, but he chose SFA? Not to make a difference but to SLAP GILMAN in the face.

Lose: IMO, it's a lost for Gilman. To lose practically your whole program due to transfers, HURTS. Hopefully, Gilman will recover sooner than later. They beat Spalding, so that's a start in the right direction. BMore kids...Biff has FLOODED the school with kids from all over the damn US (exaggerating of course?) while the talent in SFA backyard gets left out. I think I read on this blog something about Biff wanting to make a difference in the community...or something of that nature? By bringing in outsiders, while there's CRAZY talent a rock throw away, but what do I know. For last, SFA Coaching Staff lose. When I moved to this area, the Gilman program was the most talked about. It was like the goal for kids were to get into Gilman, but after being schooled through this blog and seeing it for myself, I lost respect for Biff. Especially, after I saw Gilman get beat down by that Ohio team on national TV a few years back. IMO, Biff is a behind the scene type ( AD, GM, etc). For him jumping right back to being the SFA HC is another selfish move to me. The SFA HC last year did a damn good job. He's worthy of having his own team and probably the majority of them.

I know things run deeper than what I've witnessed and read from this blog.    

4 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Yes, another one with the same exact thoughts as the other dozen handles that have popped up in the last 20 months. Wecome, Newbee. LMAO!

To answer your question AO, its quite simple. St Frances is winning. Gilman is losing. Badly. The Panthers are 13-2 since Biff & Co. left. Gilman is almost the exact opposite, 2-12, including 1-12 in their last 13. Unfortunately, for many handles, its tough to see while drowning away in their sorrows. I hope they find a way to get over it, sulking is not a good look. What isn't surprising in this day and age, is that its the predominately black school that receives all the hate. Now, instead of W's and L's, we have a bunch of new handles, and a couple of old ones, monitoring community hours to measure success, instead of what happens on the field. Yes, its pitiful, but the world we live in today. You see a lot of what we saw in Charlottesville on this board. Who knows if they are wearing their favorite GI Joe costumes sitting behind the keyboard.

Edited by themamba

1 hour ago, themamba said:

To answer your question AO, its quite simple. St Frances is winning. Gilman is losing. Badly. The Panthers are 13-2 since Biff & Co. left. Gilman is almost the exact opposite, 2-12, including 1-12 in their last 13. Unfortunately, for many handles, its tough to see while drowning away in their sorrows. I hope they find a way to get over it, sulking is not a good look. What isn't surprising in this day and age, is that its the predominately black school that receives all the hate. Now, instead of W's and L's, we have a bunch of new handles, and a couple of old ones, monitoring community hours to measure success, instead of what happens on the field. Yes, its pitiful, but the world we live in today. You see a lot of what we saw in Charlottesville on this board. Who knows if they are wearing their favorite GI Joe costumes sitting behind the keyboard.

Share. Like. Retweet. Right on point.

2 hours ago, TheGuru said:

Share. Like. Retweet. Right on point.

Thanks. The presence of this foolishness may not be transparently evident, but when you search for any substance throughout the tens of thousands of words devoted to slandering the top team in the area, it becomes self-evident.

No one was on here 2 years ago championing SFA for community service. Instead, the usual suspects were clamoring for relegation, while having a merry time basking in the Panthers struggles.

Now, people are saying, "Why did Russell get pushed aside", despite the fact that Russell and everyone's mother knew what the plan is. First, its 'Reverend Do Right', then its why did they push Massai aside. Its hypocrisy on McGuire's steroids.

The 'but we're worried about the local kids we had been tearing apart on here for years', comes off to one as, "Look, Trump's not racist, he just picked up a black baby (during a photo op)".

The second most desecrated team on here happens to be the back-to-back defending 4A champions. You do the math. Common core or old school, the arithmetic is the same.

Meanwhile, a half dozen handles are still talking about 'beasts' and 'real deals' on teams that have won once in thirteen tries. Others point to other MIAA teams as showing well, despite getting out-scored by 37 points leading up to that post.

I would say Damascus will be next on the chopping block, but I know better.

Edited by themamba

He is the epitomy of what is wrong with some people and high school sports. He lost sight of its real purpose and place.

agree but if you look at where Gilman has sent there players in the past 2 years (Stanford, Cornell, UVA, Villanova, Georgetown, Navy, ect) not many programs can say that including SFA 

I think that says a lot about the school

13 hours ago, DMVfootballwizard said:

agree but if you look at where Gilman has sent there players in the past 2 years (Stanford, Cornell, UVA, Villanova, Georgetown, Navy, ect) not many programs can say that including SFA 

Ultimately that is what it is ALL about. Scholarships over championships. 

15 hours ago, DMVfootballwizard said:

Not last year...  Can you tell me who was sent where last season, earlier this year?  I suspect there was a VERY BIG DIFFERENCE from say 2016 when The G sent 10 of 11 I believe D1.

Edited by DayWalker

18 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Not last year...  Can you tell me who was sent where last season, earlier this year?  I suspect there was a VERY BIG DIFFERENCE from say 2016 when The G sent 10 of 11 I believe D1.

2017 (Villanova (football and baseball) , Navy (track, they asked him to play football too),  and Maryland (Football) if you  were asking.  It's not your record it's your talent.    

28 minutes ago, HoundsDad said:

2017 (Villanova (football and baseball) , Navy (track, they asked him to play football too),  and Maryland (Football) if you  were asking.  It's not your record it's your talent.    

Yep, you may be right about talent and not record.  And I guess 2016 signing of Stephen Spanellis to Michigan, Korey Stevens to Villanova, Shamar Shanks to Monmouth, Wes Mehl to Navy, Dorian Maddox to Stanford, Stewart Keehner to Georgetown, Ellison Jordan to Penn State, Devery Hamilton to Stanford, John Fitzgerald to Cornell, and Antonio Dupree to UTEP it that big difference between Poggi's mercenaries and what hapened after his departure and now.

I have spent time working with Coach Poggi in the past, camps and all star events.  He is a class act who loves football more than any other person I have been around.

Mamba you may have a point about race as a factor, I have always seen it as elites versus the masses rather than race.  As an OM grad I have heard much of the loaded rhetoric for decades. You make a great point.

I still think it is inappropriate to compare the two academic institutions but the football appears to be very one sided. It would have been great to actually hear what was going on in those Gilman offices when Poggi was sent on his way. 

1 hour ago, HoundsDad said:

Also they have a navy commit this year and booker between Stanford, Penn, Princeton, ND, and Harvard, he has offers from big10,SEC, and acc 

And would Booker be one of Poggi's holdovers?  But still, this is a far cry from 2016 with 11 or so commits.  But again, just who were those over guys who went to Villanova and Maryland?  Were they after signing day pickups?

Edited by DayWalker

53 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

And would Booker be one of Poggi's holdovers?  But still, this is a far cry from 2016 with 11 or so commits.  But again, just who were those over guys who went to Villanova and Maryland?  Were they after signing day pickups?

There are 2 classes remaining from the Poggi era.... Everyone did not leave in the break up 

25 minutes ago, HoundsDad said:

There are 2 classes remaining from the Poggi era.... Everyone did not leave in the break up 

So then Booker should be credited to Poggi, correct?  And again, who are the players from last year who are at Villanova and Maryland football now?  I simply do not know and only heard of one Gilman player at sign date earlier this calendar year signing DII with Saint Anslem.  Yes I do know others sign after the big day and I'm just wondering who from The G to marrying it up with 2016 Gilman signings.  You know, WHAT GILMAN IS ALL ABOUT GA says....and perhaps not Poggi.

And damn, The Break Up sounds so morbid....  Lets call it an amicable divorce, OKAY?  :rolleyes:

Edited by DayWalker

39 minutes ago, HoundsDad said:

I would say the 2019 Class lost the most when Poggi left. Really only Spanky, Beard, Franks, and Seth(who has only played two games on two years) left from that Class that would be considered recruited players. Khari Jones probably shouldn't be included because he's been there since like 5 or 6th grade. 

The 2018 Class still has a number of players that would be considered Biff's kid's, like Madison, Hill and Willis. Booker isn't part of being a Biff kid, he's been at Gilman for 12 years. He didn't even start playing football until 7th grade, he was more of a basketball player as a kid. 

2 minutes ago, HoundsDad said:

Booker is a legacy Gilman Kid  

So are saying Booker predates Poggi who was at Gilman for 7 or 8 years?  Okay, but what about the 2017 Gilman football signings?  Again, who went where like what Gilman Is All About?