Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

Week 4 Schedule/Predictions

96 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, foodforthought2 said:

Pallotti is very young this season after losing 16 seniors last season. There are about 25-30 sophomores and freshman on the roster. Of the 22 that start there are 4 seniors and maybe 3-4 juniors. The OL is starting 2 freshman. Turnovers have been an issue as they have 10 in 3 games. Penalties have cost them as well. Coach Thomas was also suspended for 1st 2 games of the season which didn't help the defense. On offense, the play calling has been run heavy and in the first 3 games, the OC put in the backup QB to get snaps and he's committed a turnover in each game. He also scrambled backwards 20 yards into his end zone against Roosevelt for a safety. They had several opportunities to win the ABC game but fumbled three times close to the ABC 30, one being run back for a TD. They also failed to extend a drive from inside the ABC 10 on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 2. Barring changes this just maybe a rebuilding year for them.       

They are very young! They lost a lot. The rb last year I don't believe gets his just do. He was special, and pair that talent with 4-5 other D1 kids they were great. I don't think they repeat in the B this year. The road will be much tougher. I also see Corum transferring out after this season, he almost left this year. They also have a few kids sporting "offers" that are severely overrated. The DE is as soft as they come. The new 6'6 OL is just a tad softer than that. The B conference is wide open this year. So this could be more than a rebuild, the program could suffer a major setback if their plan falls through.

1 hour ago, Silverbullet said:

Haha. Oh don't worry, I'm posting them at the end of the season. Right now it's a waste of time because we don't know where everyone will land. Just an example, but what if Bullis beats QO and QO beats Wise? Would Wise vs CHC be more telling than Bullis vs QO? I said this at the start...we need to wait until it's all over to do this.

For a private educated elite, you sure IS stupid!!  What does QO beating or even playing Wise has ANYTHING to do with the private-public match-up count!!!!   Damn dude, what more is there to tell between Wise-CHC and Bullis-QO other than who win???  Look at all the games played between MD publics and privates, use your hands and toes if necessary and freakin' count.  Your wait 'til the end of the season filibuster dawg won't hunt.  You be too then after the privates are done and publics are about to really get it on with you so busy whining 'bout which public champions won't play you and your desires to get into the PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOL CHAMPIONSHIPS.  Or is the latter McDeesNuts thing?  Whatever!!!  Oh Nevermind - Nevermind, we don't need your bean count.  There is one here with far Far FAR more intellect and reason than you can ever have who know how to compile FACTS.

Snake, what is the CURRENT private-public head-to-head 2017 GAME match-up count with no playoff worthy banter or scrimmages or passing league results or any other sidebar matters?  MPSSAA sanctioned games played to date, what's the count?  And do you know how many MD public-private match-ups are pending?

Edited by DayWalker

16 minutes ago, oberserveroffacts said:

They are very young! They lost a lot. The rb last year I don't believe gets his just do. He was special, and pair that talent with 4-5 other D1 kids they were great. I don't think they repeat in the B this year. The road will be much tougher. I also see Corum transferring out after this season, he almost left this year. They also have a few kids sporting "offers" that are severely overrated. The DE is as soft as they come. The new 6'6 OL is just a tad softer than that. The B conference is wide open this year. So this could be more than a rebuild, the program could suffer a major setback if their plan falls through.

i don't think they should even consider moving to "A" conference. The male student body isn't large enough to support football at that level. I was told that as well as travel to other schools was a consideration is not accepting the offer to move into the "B" division of the WCAC. The losses to Ryken and Roosevelt should have opened some eyes about the level of competition for schools with deeper rosters and more resources. Ian and his staff have the depth at the skill positions but the depth just isn't there on the lines. Patterson was special last season and having both him and Corum allowed the team to be run heavy and use the play action off that. This year teams will key on stopping Corum and the OC hasn't adjusted yet. It's gotten better every week (against Ryken the OC called 6 pass plays). Conference play starts this week so they will get a chance to see where they stack up.    

11 minutes ago, foodforthought2 said:

i don't think they should even consider moving to "A" conference. The male student body isn't large enough to support football at that level. I was told that as well as travel to other schools was a consideration is not accepting the offer to move into the "B" division of the WCAC. The losses to Ryken and Roosevelt should have opened some eyes about the level of competition for schools with deeper rosters and more resources. Ian and his staff have the depth at the skill positions but the depth just isn't there on the lines. Patterson was special last season and having both him and Corum allowed the team to be run heavy and use the play action off that. This year teams will key on stopping Corum and the OC hasn't adjusted yet. It's gotten better every week (against Ryken the OC called 6 pass plays). Conference play starts this week so they will get a chance to see where they stack up.    

Yes tons of young talent at the skills. They have gotten kids to transfer in i.e. QB2 who left SJC, and was promised the world, but from the looks of it can't beat out last years starter. And you are right it's tough to compete against those resources. Getting into conference play should be a welcomed sight for them. They dropped their opening 2 last year and went on a run all he way to the ship. Just don't think this roster is tested and can go as far as that roster last year. They weren't good last year on the OL it's just #3 was a DAWG! He's the kid that make coaches look like geniuses.

40 minutes ago, foodforthought2 said:

IF the truth is to be told FFT, Palotti shot itself in the foot against SMR early on.  Palotti returned the opening kickoff to about mid-field or more to have a penalty called to start play deep in their own territory. Then Palotti broke the first play from scrimmage for a TD run that was called back.  I believe it was that first drive or very soon into the game Palotti broke another run down the SMR sideline to within SMR's 5-yard line and Palotti got stuffed in four plays for the turnover on downs while SMR maybe went 95-yards to score.

Palotti's D was quite porous to in that SMR game.  And my notes say Palloti attempted more than 6 passes you say but the QB was sacked in at least three pass attempts and he took off running in some because he saw no one open.  I do recall the nice long TD pass Palotti had down their sideline.  Roosevelt in my opinion beat Palotti on purely being better prepared.  I could see that in not Roosevelt just played better but I can see when kids know what's coming and the Roosevelt kids look well versed in what Palotti was doing.  Palotti was well scouted to even an untrained eye.  ^_^

Edited by DayWalker

7 minutes ago, oberserveroffacts said:

Yes tons of young talent at the skills. They have gotten kids to transfer in i.e. QB2 who left SJC, and was promised the world, but from the looks of it can't beat out last years starter. And you are right it's tough to compete against those resources. Getting into conference play should be a welcomed sight for them. They dropped their opening 2 last year and went on a run all he way to the ship. Just don't think this roster is tested and can go as far as that roster last year. They weren't good last year on the OL it's just #3 was a DAWG! He's the kid that make coaches look like geniuses.

you see that too with the QB? LOL. It figured that someone promised him something otherwise why put him in there when the other kid is a 3 year starter. It appears that the OC has never been a fan of his QB and for 2 years in a row brought in kids to take his job. Imagine what he could develop into if they actually spent some time and resources coaching him up instead of looking to replace him. Hell, he wasn't even mentioned in the pre-season write-up, they referenced the JV QB who's playing receiver this year. It's been hard to watch as the OC is forcing the run, switching the QB's with no rhyme or reason, and watching turnovers and penalties.  

2 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

IF the truth is to be told FFT, Palotti shot itself in the foot against SMR early on.  Palotti returned the opening kickoff to about mid-field or more to have a penalty called to start play in deep in their own territory. Then Palotti broke the first play from scrimmage for a TD run that was called back.  I believe it was the that first drive or very soon into the game Palotti broke another run down the SMR sideline to within SMR's 5-yard line and Palotti got stuffed in four plays for the turnover on downs while SMR maybe have gone 95-yards to score.

Palotti's D was quite porous to in that SMR game.  And my notes say Palloti attempted more than 6 passes you say but the QB was sacked in at least three pass attempts and he took off running in some because he saw no one open.  I do recall the nice long TD pass Palotti had down their sideline.  Roosevelt in my opinion beat Palotti on purely being better prepared.  I could see that in not Roosevelt just played better but I can see when kids know what's coming and the Roosevelt kids look well versed in what Palotti was doing.  Palotti was well scouted to even an untrained eye.  ^_^

you are correct DW in that Pallotti shot themselves in the foot. The 1st play of the game, Corum broke one for about 80 yards and it was called back for holding, then on the 2nd or 3rd drive he broke one again down inside the 10. Then the OC called 4 more running plays. Where was the play action pass or bootleg to the TE? The TE has 3 TD receptions in 3 games so he can catch. The defense didn't play well in the 1st 2 games but I'll chalk that up for Ian not being there to call plays and make adjustments. They were much better vs. ABC and honestly should have won the game. I will concur that there were a few times both QB's ran when not finding someone open but not many more. The long TD pass you referenced was when the score was 27-0 late in the 4th so that is what it is. Roosevelt was better prepared but it's not hard to be well versed in what Pallotti will do when you know that the team is going to run, run, and run some more. They allowed the starting QB to throw in the beginning of the game and he was 7-12 for 75 yards (taken from another post last week) and the OC still rotated him out to put the backup in.  Roosevelt was the better team and maybe last year's Pallotti team would have fared better. They deserved to win.  

On 9/19/2017 at 3:03 PM, foodforthought2 said:

you are correct DW in that Pallotti shot themselves in the foot. The 1st play of the game, Corum broke one for about 80 yards and it was called back for holding, then on the 2nd or 3rd drive he broke one again down inside the 10. Then the OC called 4 more running plays. Where was the play action pass or bootleg to the TE? The TE has 3 TD receptions in 3 games so he can catch. The defense didn't play well in the 1st 2 games but I'll chalk that up for Ian not being there to call plays and make adjustments. They were much better vs. ABC and honestly should have won the game. I will concur that there were a few times both QB's ran when not finding someone open but not many more. The long TD pass you referenced was when the score was 27-0 late in the 4th so that is what it is. Roosevelt was better prepared but it's not hard to be well versed in what Pallotti will do when you know that the team is going to run, run, and run some more. They allowed the starting QB to throw in the beginning of the game and he was 7-12 for 75 yards (taken from another post last week) and the OC still rotated him out to put the backup in.  Roosevelt was the better team and maybe last year's Pallotti team would have fared better. They deserved to win.  

FFT, it's the lay who say someone should have passed when runs are stuffed or one should have run when passes are picked off or broken up.  Palotti's first two runs in the series we are talking about were okay calls.  I saw a hole wide enough between the center and left guard to march soldiers through on 1st down.  But on the first play, the nose guard crossed the center's face to fill the gap and the RB who I thought was suppose to take that hole cut back to the right side of the center and ran head-on into lots of SMR  traffic.  Nearly the same happened on 2nd down and the RB simply didn't trust the blocking and cut back into traffic when he should have taken the play called hole and opened it more if needed, smash mouth football.  SMR filled well on the next two plays, they stuffed Palotti, no doubt.

I have yet to see the ABC game.  I haven't secured the video yet.

Edited by DayWalker

Palotti some shat period their reign on top was short like a leprechaun 

8 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

The WCAC has nothing to do with this. Stop being lazy.

Like I thought!!!

7 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

Haha. Oh don't worry, I'm posting them at the end of the season. Right now it's a waste of time because we don't know where everyone will land. Just an example, but what if Bullis beats QO and QO beats Wise? Would Wise vs CHC be more telling than Bullis vs QO? I said this at the start...we need to wait until it's all over to do this.

Only you WCAC dudes do the what if...!

Team A beat team C but team B lost to C so team A should beat B... LMAO!

19 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

It's not really a hard concept. You judge teams on their full body of work at the end of the season to see how good they actually were. Nobody knows who is going to end where and there are still public vs private games to be played. 

Again, I know the WCAC owns big time real estate in your head, but try and leave the league out of this. It makes you look silly. 

30 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

But this wasn't the deal TSlick.  We were on a straight head-to-head win/loss tally.  That A beat B but C crap at the end of the season is the BS filibuster Sniper pulled from his inflamed hemorrhoid in a futile attempt to save face.   That Dawg Ain't Gonna Hunt 'Round Here.  :unsure:

13 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

It's not really a hard concept. You judge teams on their full body of work at the end of the season to see how good they actually were. Nobody knows who is going to end where and there are still public vs private games to be played. 

Again, I know the WCAC owns big time real estate in your head, but try and leave the league out of this. It makes you look silly. 

Puck your face saving concept DC.  Just shut up cause we gonna put Snake on the job to give us the tot.....  You're Fired!!!

Edited by DayWalker

6 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Puck her face saving concept DC.  Just shut up cause we gonna put Snake on the job to give us the tot.....  You're Fired!!!

You can act like a child about it all you want. I'll post the rundown at the end of the season. For now, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back for beating winless Pallotti and Curley. 

6 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

You can act like a child about it all you want. I'll post the rundown at the end of the season. For now, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back for beating winless Pallotti and Curley. 

You fired.  Pack your shyte and got the heck out of this private-public head-to-head match-up count.  We under new management.  We ain't getting into your end of season if A beat B but by a close score then C minus F = 2 mumbo jumbo.  We want to see the count private-public now.  What, you don't like the facts.....  :D

Edited by DayWalker

2 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

Naw clown Im talking about YOU and the idiots like you.

Its funny to watch you throw up on yourself. Anybody with a bit of sense would never (***)ume that the privates would run away with anything vs public schools.  But hey you are what you are. 

7 hours ago, Tomslick said:

Naw clown Im talking about YOU and the idiots like you.

Its funny to watch you throw up on yourself. Anybody with a bit of sense would never (***)ume that the privates would run away with anything vs public schools.  But hey you are what you are. 

Idiots? Rough day, huh, TS? Nobody is throwing up on anyone. Nobody said it would be a runaway either way with the line up this season. I said it would be a good gauge between the two sides. You have to wait until the season is over to see how good each team was. There's no point in beating your chest for beating a team that goes winless after it's all said and done. Why does this upset you so much?  

On 9/18/2017 at 9:16 PM, Silverbullet said:

Yea nobody likes to talk about that around here. Too bad it's over Jan. 1st 2018.

Trump!!!!  Is that you?

2 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Idiots? Rough day, huh, TS? Nobody is throwing up on anyone. Nobody said it would be a runaway either way with the line up this season. I said it would be a good gauge between the two sides. You have to wait until the season is over to see how good each team was. There's no point in beating your chest for beating a team that goes winless after it's all said and done. Why does this upset you so much?  

Dude, what dodo do you hope to glean out of your so-called "season body of work' from Curley, Frankliin, DeMatha, Roosevelt, Palotti, Linganore, Calvert Hall, Quince Orchard, Wise, et al in the head-to-head public-private match-up count!!!  Albert E, most and soon ALL these teams go into league play whereby privates will play privates and publics play publics so their league play has absolutely NO connection to head-to-head public-private play.

Your privates simply didn't blow the publics off the map with your BS "level of play" idea since we all know the privates just ain't DeM-SFA top to bottom and it's patently evident by your lot's constant reference to the big or top 4 or whatever to include no reference to your various B and C conferences.

What's the count now and how many more head-to-head private-public games are to be played....  There is your Body of Work you CC con....  :P

46 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Trump!!!!  Is that you?

Getting political is the biggest cop out when talking about sports, but aren't you "FIRING" people a la The Donald? 

9 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Getting political is the biggest cop out when talking about sports, but aren't you "FIRING" people a la The Donald? 

Damn Right DumbDumb.....  YOU FIRED!!!  Get out of here....

Edmondson at John Carroll - The Red Storm continues to prove that they are the real deal.

Broadneck at Arundel - Arundel's offense may keep them in the game for a while, but Broadneck eventually pulls away.

Poly at Tuscarora - Comfortable win for the home team.

Mervo at Dunbar - Should be a real edge-of-your-seat crowd pleaser.

Milford Mill at Perry Hall - Another barn-burner.

Urbana at Oakdale - Urbana's struggles continue.

Fallston at North Harford - The Cougars win a close, high-scoring battle.

Mount St. Joe at Gilman - The Gaels by a TD in a defensive game.

City at Woodlawn - Closer than some expect.

Eastern Tech at New Town - The Mavericks outlast the Titans to keep the home team winless.

On 9/18/2017 at 10:39 PM, DayWalker said:

Sorry bud but WISE Only does not have PG county transfer rules but the policy apply to all county schools....Not Just Wise.  Transfers may take place to schools who are not at capacity.  Moreover, transfers not for cause application period is only about a month in the spring.  You really think kids are beating down doors to get into Wise to get to beat out players like AJ Lytton for reps and play time!!!  Come on dude, come on....

And yes no doubt Damascus has a very good program with a very good feeder program.  But Wise is in an area called The U (Upper Marlboro) where its feeders also feed nearby DouglassPG, Gwynn Park, Largo, Riverdale Baptist, Bishop McNamara, and yes DeMatha to name a few.  And I will not bother to mention the out of area teams between O'Connell in VA and some schools in Baltimore.  Damascus enjoy many many football championships.  I understand Wise is not shy to chant they are 7-11; 7 titles in 11 years it has existed, and finalist in two or three other runs.  Not bad.....

A black coaching staff has never and will never get true respect on this forum.  It will always be a contrived excuse as to why they are winning.  Its usually the old, "they are an all star team" excuse, or they violate recruiting rules.

On 9/19/2017 at 10:59 AM, DayWalker said:

I said "I DON'T KNOW EXACTLY" what you are talking about.  Perhaps you should use that northeast board school intellect and better explain yourself.  I do understand that you are so So SO envious of Wise. that's very clear even Stevie Wonder can see.  Regarding your wish for Wise, it's really moot mate.  They follow the public goal to win states and they are doing so while the grass is green under their feet as Northwest did your lot envied then, as was the case when Middletown ruled, or when River Hill ran the show, or Friendly, and so many more.  Unlike your usual same ole private suspects, there will come a time when Wise will no longer be the hunter as is the case with other publics who had their time in the sun.  But until then Sniper, you are left with hatin' Wise til the next boss hog appears.  Finally regarding scheduling top teams, you need to halt the Gorman scheduling because that team took so much out of DeM they still haven't mentally and physically recovered and it's week what for you!!!

River Hill and Friendly aren't really two good examples, as they both were recipients of some form of "open enrollment" during their heydays.