Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

Week 4 Schedule/Predictions

96 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, BJC said:

A black coaching staff has never and will never get true respect on this forum.  It will always be a contrived excuse as to why they are winning.  Its usually the old, "they are an all star team" excuse, or they violate recruiting rules.

Damascus must bell well coached, year in and year out, I hear that teams have better athletes, and Dmass is too one dimensional. Yet they keep winning. 

On 9/19/2017 at 1:07 PM, foodforthought2 said:

Pallotti is very young this season after losing 16 seniors last season. There are about 25-30 sophomores and freshman on the roster. Of the 22 that start there are 4 seniors and maybe 3-4 juniors. The OL is starting 2 freshman. Turnovers have been an issue as they have 10 in 3 games. Penalties have cost them as well. Coach Thomas was also suspended for 1st 2 games of the season which didn't help the defense. On offense, the play calling has been run heavy and in the first 3 games, the OC put in the backup QB to get snaps and he's committed a turnover in each game. He also scrambled backwards 20 yards into his end zone against Roosevelt for a safety. They had several opportunities to win the ABC game but fumbled three times close to the ABC 30, one being run back for a TD. They also failed to extend a drive from inside the ABC 10 on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 2. Barring changes this just maybe a rebuilding year for them.       

The plot thickens and reality sets in: All hat and no cattle we call that back on the farm. Tell that coaching staff and athletic department to go back to whence they came from, an embarrassment to high school football. As a counterpoint, I saw the Dematha HC call a team time out last year when his team was getting over emotional and implore his squad to be disciplined the DM way. His team responded wonderfully. Its about leadership starting with the athletic department and coaches. 

Edited by mop

18 minutes ago, mop said:

The plot thickens and reality sets in: All hat and no cattle we call that back on the farm. Tell that coaching staff and athletic department to go back to whence they came from, an embarrassment to high school football. As a counterpoint, I saw the Dematha HC call a team time out last year when his team was getting over emotional and implore his squad to be disciplined the DM way. His team responded wonderfully. Its about leadership starting with the athletic department and coaches. 

Yeah but when your coaches are leading the charge of the childish behavior that's were your problem is, no leadership to change the problem 

Just now, jbmad said:

Yeah but when your coaches are leading the charge of the childish behavior that's were your problem is, no leadership to change the problem 

Completely agree. Should be coming from the head of school or board first. It starts at the top. 

4 hours ago, Oldtime said:

River Hill and Friendly aren't really two good examples, as they both were recipients of some form of "open enrollment" during their heydays. 

Sorry OldTimer but you just don't know what you are talking about and perhaps just repeating BS you heard.  If Friendly in particular had "open enrollment during their heydays" then circa 2007 it would NOT have had to forfeit several games over ineligible players who parents lied/misrepresented to get them in Friendly.

Open enrollment is that go to tag for mostly non-rural successful teams to otherwise marginalize them.  They probably call it "well-coached" or a "traditionally solid program" out the I270 way.

Edited by DayWalker

4 hours ago, Oldtime said:

Damascus must bell well coached,

There you go....  :D

32 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Sorry OldTimer but you just don't know what you are talking about and perhaps just repeating BS you heard.  If Friendly in particular had "open enrollment during their heydays" then circa 2007 it would NOT have had to forfeit several games over ineligible players who parents lied/misrepresented to get them in Friendly.

Open enrollment is that go to tag for mostly non-rural successful teams to otherwise marginalize them.  They probably call it "well-coached" or a "traditionally solid program" out the I270 way.

That's exactly why I have open enrollment in parenthesis, marginalizing what they did to win.

I don't think anybody could say Wise is not well coached, DeMatha is not well coached, Gonzaga is not well coached. They are. I hope nobody thinks that way these days.I honestly don't really notice it anymore. I don't think anyone was insinuating that at least I hope not. 

14 hours ago, BJC said:

A black coaching staff has never and will never get true respect on this forum.  It will always be a contrived excuse as to why they are winning.  Its usually the old, "they are an all star team" excuse, or they violate recruiting rules.

I don't think anybody could say Wise is not well coached, DeMatha is not well coached, Gonzaga is not well coached. They are. I hope nobody thinks that way these days.I honestly don't really notice it anymore. I don't think anyone was insinuating that at least I hope not. 

2 hours ago, 58Colts said:

The Dematha staff outcoached the Mcdonogh staff last week.  Truth.  

1 hour ago, aacountyfootball said:

The Dematha staff outcoached the Mcdonogh staff last week.  Truth.  

Really DemHomie, REALLY!!!  A 7-7 half-time game that ended up what, about 17-14 and you want to specifically proclaim Dem "outcoached" McDeesNuts!!!!  And that's your truth counselor????  Well, Shut The Front Door.  Now I've heard everything from you State Champ.  :P

6 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Really DemHomie, REALLY!!!  A 7-7 half-time game that ended up what, about 17-14 and you want to specifically proclaim Dem "outcoached" McDeesNuts!!!!  And that's your truth counselor????  Well, Shut The Front Door.  Now I've heard everything from you State Champ.  :P

Be easy, DW. You just got pushed into a locker 4 posts up. Surprised you didn't start blabbing about alternative facts or some other nonsense...

Just now, Silverbullet said:

Be easy, DW. You just got pushed into a locker 4 posts up. Surprised you didn't start blabbing about alternative facts or some other nonsense...

I don't need alternative facts but rather No Doze to keep from falling asleep each time I try to watch the McD - DeM game video.  Talk about a freakin' snoozer!!!  Now that's no alternative fact.  After that sweet Dem TD pass at the beginning of the game, you all sucked and was nothing like out coached your homie described.  aaC would be the one to ease up....

What's the count?

8 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Dematha should have lost that game.  Coaching in the secind half was the difference. Mcd did some unexplainable things. DM made adjustments to sneak out of there with a W.  It was a fun game to watch from a coaches' perspective.  

Edited by aacountyfootball

20 minutes ago, aacountyfootball said:

Dematha should have lost that game.  Coaching in the secind half was the difference. Mcd did some unexplainable things. DM made adjustments to sneak out of there with a W.  

If we accept what you say, that's not "out-coaching" even in the best light.  Dem was merely the recipient of good fortune to win kinda like Gilman against Episcopal, a twin snoozer.  Of the game video I could get thru without dozing off each time I try to watch it, the game really sucked for so-called top level teams.  The difference between the 1st and 2nd halfs were 10-points for Dem and 7-points for McD from the 7-7 half-time tie, a three-point game end differential and certainly absolutely NOTHING to write home to mom about stellar out-coaching as you say.  Perhaps you need to consider a "far less powerful" rose-colored glasses prescription counselor...

Edited by DayWalker

On 9/18/2017 at 10:23 PM, themamba said:

Bob's first post. LMAO! I call these posts and new handles before they even happen. Thats the sad thing about what this forum has become, the next posts are too easy to predict, nevermind the 9 or 10 handles that people are predicting that will follow shortly thereafter. I agree with many of you, you can see the nonsense coming a mile away. 

Damn, I see this "bot" phenomenon and fake news i.e propaganda all over Twitter.  Now we have to deal with this BS on the board.

Edited by TheGuru

Hey nomad, my bookie is waiting for me to place my Bullis - Quince Orchard bet.  That lame says I have to give him points to take QO.  How many should I go to cover my bet; 14, 20 points, what?  I'm sure it will be double digits so it's 10 to 99.  What do you say so I can get my  selection in.  The higher the points, the better the pay out.  Help a vamp go green instead of red for a weekend change.  My treat on a 6-pack.  What do you drink, A or B+?  I hope not O negative....

28 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Hey nomad, my bookie is waiting for me to place my Bullis - Quince Orchard bet.  That lame says I have to give him points to take QO.  How many should I go to cover my bet; 14, 20 points, what?  I'm sure it will be double digits so it's 10 to 99.  What do you say so I can get my  selection in.  The higher the points, the better the pay out.  Help a vamp go green instead of red for a weekend change.  My treat on a 6-pack.  What do you drink, A or B+?  I hope not O negative....

I'd say 14. Rumor is a at least a couple of QO starters are out. Even with all their starters, I don't see QO winning this game. 

You got it all wrong OT, I'm taking QO and giving points.  So QO has to win by 14 for me to collect...  Cool

At halftime: Towson 12, Patapsco 7.

sorry; wrong thread.

Edited by WilliamHarvey

On 9/22/2017 at 2:30 PM, DayWalker said:

Just seeing this.  I would've said Bullis -6 at the time you sent this message.  I would've said -13 after finding out certain players were out a few hrs later. If you would've taken QO and the points you would have been a winner.

Edited by nomad974