Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidemaster

Yanda out for the year

32 posts in this topic

Un-effin-believable.

Next man up doesn't cut it for a perennial Pro Bowler like Yanda. Damn. 

19 minutes ago, mlatoman said:

Next man up doesn't cut it for a perennial Pro Bowler like Yanda. Damn. 

And the offense clearly was not the same after he went out.

The one injury the Ravens absolutely could not afford to have. 

1 minute ago, mdrunning said:

"one of the..." perhaps. 

3 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

You are right. This is huge.

Just now, ncbirdfan said:

You are right. This is huge.

It's one of those situations where you'd almost be willing to give back the win in order to have the guy for the rest of the year.

30 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

And the offense clearly was not the same after he went out.

I was unable to closely watch every play, but it looked to me like run blocking was ok but pass blocking suffered. 

No matter. There is no one on the roster that can step in his cleats. 

2 minutes ago, mlatoman said:

I was unable to closely watch every play, but it looked to me like run blocking was ok but pass blocking suffered. 

who will replace him? One of those guys they just got?

14 minutes ago, mlatoman said:

I thought run production and pass protection both suffered.

10 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

I thought run production and pass protection both suffered.

I thought the defense gave up way too many big plays; I believe there were seven by Cleveland of 20 yards or more. I also thought Cleveland did a pretty good job of neutralizing the pass rush (although some holding penalties went uncalled) and the Ravens also benefited from missed throws by whoever Cleveland had in there at QB. Guys like Big Ben and Rodgers don't miss those throws.

I guess Bergstrom is the next man up after Yanda? There has to be a reason why the Ravens traded for him, although he appeared to be overmatched at times.

7 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

I thought the defense gave up way too many big plays; I believe there were seven by Cleveland of 20 yards or more. I also thought Cleveland did a pretty good job of neutralizing the pass rush (although some holding penalties went uncalled) and the Ravens also benefited from missed throws by whoever Cleveland had in there at QB. Guys like Big Ben and Rodgers don't miss those throws.

I guess Bergstrom is the next man up after Yanda? There has to be a reason why the Ravens traded for him, although he appeared to be overmatched at times.

I'm going through the defensive formations as we speak. The first big play from deep in their own territory, near the end of the first quarter, was a classic 3-man rush by Pees. There was a 4th defender sort of hanging with a TE but putting no pressure on the QB, so the net result was a 3-man rush where the QB had all day to throw and a clear passing lane. He hit the receiver over the middle for a big gain.

The second big play was with a 4-man rush, also deep in the their own territory with around 7 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. Correa let the TE go and he went uncovered and untouched for around 38 yards until Mosley finally ran him down.

Then there was a pass that the receiver just let hit the ground down by the 3 yard line (The one where the Ravens had 12 men on the field because Davis didn't get off in time). Compared to other "catches" that the NFL allows, I thought it was a good catch. But Jackson challenged it and lost.

When you factor in all the turnovers and ints and the fact that the Ravens still only won by 2 TDs it's not really all that encouraging when you project it against a good team.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

51 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

I'm going through the defensive formations as we speak. The first big play from deep in their own territory, near the end of the first quarter, was a classic 3-man rush by Pees. There was a 4th defender sort of hanging with a TE but putting no pressure on the QB, so the net result was a 3-man rush where the QB had all day to throw and a clear passing lane. He hit the receiver over the middle for a big gain.

The second big play was with a 4-man rush, also deep in the their own territory with around 7 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. Correa let the TE go and he went uncovered and untouched for around 38 yards until Mosley finally ran him down.

Then there was a pass that the receiver just let hit the ground down by the 3 yard line (The one where the Ravens had 12 men on the field because Davis didn't get off in time). Compared to other "catches" that the NFL allows, I thought it was a good catch. But Jackson challenged it and lost.

When you factor in all the turnovers and ints and the fact that the Ravens still only won by 2 TDs it's not really all that encouraging when you project it against a good team.

It doesn't look like Correa is any great shakes- when they had Brandon Williams restructure his contract, I was wondering if they were looking for another ILB.  Now, it's a toss up between another O-lineman and/or WR.. Maybe they should give Camp some play time as a WR, Perriman and Wallace produce zero....

1 hour ago, mikemor1 said:

It doesn't look like Correa is any great shakes- when they had Brandon Williams restructure his contract, I was wondering if they were looking for another ILB.  Now, it's a toss up between another O-lineman and/or WR.. Maybe they should give Camp some play time as a WR, Perriman and Wallace produce zero....

Wallace might still be productive. Perriman is a waste.

Losing Yanda really hurts, but his replacement isn't horrible.  I thought it took them a few series to get their mojo back, but once he was settled in, they started back to running the ball well.  Had Collins not carelessly fumbled the final score likely would have been 31-10. 

36 minutes ago, alienrace said:

Losing Yanda really hurts, but his replacement isn't horrible.  I thought it took them a few series to get their mojo back, but once he was settled in, they started back to running the ball well.  Had Collins not carelessly fumbled the final score likely would have been 31-10. 

Let's see...

Yanda...perennial pro bowl guard.

Bergstrom...4 career starts, 31 years old.

Sure. How could there possibly be any real major difference there? I mean, he's not horrible.

:rolleyes:

Yanda is a huge loss for an offensive line that was patchwork and thin to begin with.  I don't know about the replacement, we will see what he has.  But at the very least it is another blow to continuity on a line that had little to begin with.  I can't believe he is as good as Yanda was.  If that were the case I can't see how the Cardinals who lost to Detroit, barely beat an Indy team, and have a QB that might be broken in half if he is hit too hard would have traded him away.  Time will tell.  

11 hours ago, mlatoman said:

This defense is good  enough to make a run this year so they will try to make a deal.....

As soon as it becomes obvious what teams aren't going anywhere and want some draft picks to rebuild......

14 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Let's see...

Yanda...perennial pro bowl guard.

Bergstrom...4 career starts, 31 years old.

Sure. How could there possibly be any real major difference there? I mean, he's not horrible.

:rolleyes:

Can you stop being so condescending for one minute?  I never said there was no major difference.  In fact, I said "it really hurts". 

10 minutes ago, alienrace said:

Can you stop being so condescending for one minute?  I never said there was no major difference.  In fact, I said "it really hurts". 

I'll make you a deal. You stop being absurd, and I'll stop being condescending. Deal? (WHAT? What did you say that's "absurd"? Saying that Bergstrom, who's started exactly 4 NFL games "isn't horrible" is absurd/irrelevant/condescending-worthy.)

11 hours ago, cprenegade said:

Yanda is a huge loss for an offensive line that was patchwork and thin to begin with.  I don't know about the replacement, we will see what he has.  But at the very least it is another blow to continuity on a line that had little to begin with.  I can't believe he is as good as Yanda was.  If that were the case I can't see how the Cardinals who lost to Detroit, barely beat an Indy team, and have a QB that might be broken in half if he is hit too hard would have traded him away.  Time will tell.  

This.

2 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

I'll make you a deal. You stop being absurd, and I'll stop being condescending. Deal? (WHAT? What did you say that's "absurd"? Saying that Bergstrom, who's started exactly 4 NFL games "isn't horrible" is absurd/irrelevant/condescending-worthy.)

You have ZERO social skills.  Zero.

1 minute ago, alienrace said:

LOL. I'll take that as a "no deal". N/P.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

21 minutes ago, alienrace said:

You must be condescending in a pretty skillful way in order to press people's buttons so well. So, there is that. :D

Joking with you both. Not looking to make enemies. Got enough already.